The Rumour Thread

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

Nothing so far, just that it comes out at some time at the beginning of this month.

although knowing Gw it could also be at the end of this month, as long as it is still in July

Ah, so they run on valve time, that explains why I'm still waiting on the forbidden power errata.  Thank you.

18 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

It has sure been a content desert for AoS on the Community page lately.  Don't know what that bodes for summer, but it bodes for "not really checking the Community page every day anymore" for me.

I guess it depends on how much 40K release are on the horizon, looks like to me they are going to try and push a late summer Primaris marine release before sister of battle comes out.

granted I am for sure the AoS Open day will preview a lot  more AoS content that is not just Warcry for the rest of the summer.

You guys do remember that we've got Warcry releasing on the 20th right?

And Apoc just released their last "army faction" article today so the Apoc wave is over or at least on the out - we've likely one more week of general/other stuff and then a likely sold week of WARCRY

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CJPT said:

Elixia shows up in the early Realmgate Wars novels, I believe, and there's a silver banshee who aids the Stormcast. I think the important part is 'breathtaking and lifelike silver statuary' which is (a) new and (b) fits with rumours of a construct-based new Death faction.

The next big thing is clearly coming from Chamon, one way or another. Everything revolved around Shyish in the long run-up to AoS 2.0, and something similar has been happening with the Realm of Metal all year - Carrion Empire and Looncurse are both set there, and it's constantly coming up in White Dwarf.

Happy I've spent a year and a half building a 6'x4' Chamon board!

This Chamon board is just a rumor. I want to see pictures.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Qrow said:

Has there been any word about the early july errata for the newer battletomes? I want to order the last few things for my army, but I don't want to risk wasting money if there are major changes.

I've got an upcoming event with a July 12th cutoff for rules.  Whether FEC FAQ is before or after this date will greatly impact my summer hahahaha.

3 hours ago, Qrow said:

Has there been any word about the early july errata for the newer battletomes? I want to order the last few things for my army, but I don't want to risk wasting money if there are major changes.

Give them time to increase their prices first 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chord said:

For many of  us warcry!=AoS

I dislike it even more when i see all the new sculpts while AoS itself is full of finecast and old miniatures. At least shadespire models have rules and can be used as heroes on the main game!

• Sad 1

Just now, amysrevenge said:

Only just barely. 

I haven't thought about it in maybe 6 weeks(?) maybe more.

I'm pretty sure the next 3 or 4 are going to be so full of it you'll be sick of it ;)

I'm also half convinced that Warcry is a mortal chaos followers delivery system for AoS to give the design team an excuse to release loads of mortal chaos worshippers. It might even be something from the old AoS days when GW as all keen on tiny armies and could represent forces that were once going to be "unique to each mortal realm" within Slaves to Darkness

Warcry is a part of AoS just like Kill Team is a part of 40k.

If you like the narrative and lore of AoS, then you'll be interested in the narrative and lore of Warcry. 

If you like the models of AoS then you'll be interested in the models of Warcry.

If you like the rules and matched play  of AoS then you'll be interested in the AoS rules that Warcry models get. 

If you like AoS open play then... Well you get the point I'm trying to make here. 

Warcry seems like a huge expansion for AoS on a number of levels and I for one am pumped for it 

• Like 6

With Kill Team, you take your models for 40k and use them for the smaller game. With Warcry, you get models for a smaller game and maybe use them for AoS. The Warcry models don't look like multipose (what passes for it these days anyway) models, they look like one-design push-fit guys- hardly suitable for making large units out of for AoS. 

If you guys are excited for Warcry, fantastic, enjoy yourselves and I wish you all the best with it. But, Furies, Raptoryxes and conversions aside, I doubt these warbands are going to be real replacements for Marauders or reinforcements for Chaos armies.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, zamerion said:

In warcry you take you aos models and use them for the smaller game...

There are 9 not chaos bands rules at the beginning of the game. And sure they get more

I am confident the main focus is on the primary Chaos warbands with the shiny new miniatures, and that the rules for the non-Chaos factions are a way to try and get non-Chaos players to pick it up too, rather than the primary intention of the game.

I like Chaos and I want a better Skirmish type system to play in but I don't like any of the models for any of the warbands shown so far so hope the next reveals are something that gets me a bit more excited.  I bought Looncurse and a few other Sylvaneth bits.  I really want the Battletome to drop to figure out how my next army is going to go together.

Whatever Warcry is hopefully we know in less than 20 days. It's a bit surprising we don't really know what its going to be yet - GW certainly know but we don't yet really know what its going to be. We don't even know if its going to be a summer wonder that appears now and vanishes or something long term etc.... 

That and I really hope Slaves to Darkness gets their Battletome update very soon after because that would be the best thing for GW to do after sparking interest in Chaos mortals.

Interestingly (since they've rolled Everchosen into the Slaves store tab and thus likely into the Battletome) that would mean upon the release of a Slaves Battletome that Death and Chaos would be "complete" Grand Alliances in terms of Battletome 2.0 support.

Edited by Overread

33 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

So, about the price increases, what do people rate the chances Free Peoples will be hit as well?

As webstore exclusives, they would not be in the communication to the shops.

*Screams in Sigmar*
We just got away from the conversation of the price increase but honestly we don't really know. My guess though is they won't for now and there will be new kits (and sculpts for old kits) with a higher price point when they get their tome. But they could also pull a Skaven and they get nothing new (other than the new hero, spells and terrain), which would be a huge missed opportunity imo (just like the skaven realse) since the realms and the cultures that live in them are so different. 

Edited by Dirtnaps

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Whatever Warcry is hopefully we know in less than 20 days. It's a bit surprising we don't really know what its going to be yet - GW certainly know but we don't yet really know what its going to be. We don't even know if its going to be a summer wonder that appears now and vanishes or something long term etc.... 

That and I really hope Slaves to Darkness gets their Battletome update very soon after because that would be the best thing for GW to do after sparking interest in Chaos mortals.

Interestingly (since they've rolled Everchosen into the Slaves store tab and thus likely into the Battletome) that would mean upon the release of a Slaves Battletome that Death and Chaos would be "complete" Grand Alliances in terms of Battletome 2.0 support.

Well to be fair we didn't know what Apocolypse would be for 40k in this new rule set, and after a small video it's getting a massive push. I just hope after this small hype trickle that this game does really well for new players and small games. Plus, I'm looking out for this to be a gateway into a new chaos force. 

3 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Warcry is a part of AoS just like Kill Team is a part of 40k.

If you like the narrative and lore of AoS, then you'll be interested in the narrative and lore of Warcry. 

If you like the models of AoS then you'll be interested in the models of Warcry.

If you like the rules and matched play  of AoS then you'll be interested in the AoS rules that Warcry models get. 

If you like AoS open play then... Well you get the point I'm trying to make here. 

Warcry seems like a huge expansion for AoS on a number of levels and I for one am pumped for it 

No.  I like all those things and have zero interest in warcry. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1