The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

Interesting thing about sylvaneth. It was ready months ago? still not here.. but chaos knights is a hardback battletome also from China. They are releasing it in 2 weeks. Still no sylvaneth.... Seems fishy. 

could be just they can't find a release slot.

or maybe they have a problem  with the factory that makes the Endless spells

51 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

So probably it is not about shippment. I guess it might happens that the factory prints the wrong version(or have some defects?) so they need to reprint it....

Or like some guesses posted before, the syl books drops into the ocean and they also need to reprint it🤣

they didn't do it for the Space wolves codex when they got an error, so it would have to be very glaring.

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

Interesting thing about sylvaneth. It was ready months ago? still not here.. but chaos knights is a hardback battletome also from China. They are releasing it in 2 weeks. Still no sylvaneth.... Seems fishy. 

That's not how these things work. Delays to one shipment have no impact on later shipments. There could be a problem with customs charges, incorrect paperwork or problems with a transit port. 

I think that list of price increases need to be taken with a healthy dose of caution.  I'm guessing they're in US dollars (MSRP tends to be US, whereas RRP is UK), but it's not indicative of it being a global rise (equally it's not saying that it isn't a global rise).  The past couple of price rises have been announced publicly on WarCom

• Like 1

The price changes ARE weird. Why change the price of 6 bloodbowl teams but not all of them? Changing the price of minis that only came out a couple of months ago is also strange. I dont think it's impossible that GW will change some prices but this list doesn't ring true.

Edit - the bloodbowl teams are already $35 so why put them on the list?

Edited by Chikout

6 hours ago, sorokyl said:

5 hours ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

So probably it is not about shippment. I guess it might happens that the factory prints the wrong version(or have some defects?) so they need to reprint it....

Or like some guesses posted before, the syl books drops into the ocean and they also need to reprint it🤣

It's more likely that there was an issue with the specific shipment that the Sylvaneth stuff was in - something similar happened to Fantasy Flight Games back in 2016 or 2017 I believe. When these disputes flare up it doesn't necessary mean that every single container gets stopped, but it does increase the likelihood that goods get caught in customs limbo.

On the subject of price increase, they are straight up gouging. Why is the Lord of Change going up $25? Is it solely because new Demons (Keeper of Secrets, GUO) are $140? That's an absolutely ludicrous reason considering those things coming out at $140 were already ludicrous. GW is playing a dangerous game with the pricing of their products. How long until the community as a whole say "Enough is enough, we are not just wallets for you to pillage".

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, zamerion said:

RumourEngine-Jul2-Content2hhsw.jpg

I'm going to throw this out there knowing it probably isn't going to be it but this to me looks like it might be a close up of some kind of aelvish mount possibly something lion-like or more likely some kind of majestic af horse. 

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

I'm going to throw this out there knowing it probably isn't going to be it but this to me looks like it might be a close up of some kind of aelvish mount possibly something lion-like or more likely some kind of majestic af horse. 

We've got a lot of aelvish looking rumor engines at this point, I don't think it's scandalous anymore to suggest there's an aelf release in the works, especially with Slaanesh already out.

Looks like some sort of mane to me, so probably a mount. AoS mounts are all fantastical creatures, so who knows beyond that.

2 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Well, is there any explanation why GW have a wide-range price increase again? This is the second time this year. GW is doing great when checking its stock and it also claims that it is expanding its factory in UK. It doesn't seem to me that GW is in short of money......

No explanation needed. Capitalism. As a shareholder, I support this move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Well, is there any explanation why GW have a wide-range price increase again? This is the second time this year. GW is doing great when checking its stock and it also claims that it is expanding its factory in UK. It doesn't seem to me that GW is in short of money......

It is simple supply and demand. Gw is struggling to keep up with demand. They have two options, either increase supply or increase prices to reduce demand. The new factory is a long term project which still hasn’t been completed and may be behind schedule, so they have decided to increase prices. The only way to stop this trend is for all of us to stop buying minis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, novakai said:

Which begs to differ how much truth we put in those statement, since through official channels they only said tome for every grand alliances. General public don’t know about this statement unless they snoop around online. Plans can change and their could be miscommunication too. 

Of course for now I believe it true for now but then why people doubt about a upcoming death release then?

First part, absolutely things change. But after such a failed launch i they are pretty dang sure before making a statement like that. But we’ll see. And about the snooping, it’s really the only value those seminars really offer right? The Q&A. The releases are shown on the warhammer community page right after anyway. 

Why people doubt an death release I don’t know. They have stated one is coming, there is a massive narrative hook (forbidden power) to tie it in and this year has seen order, destruction and chaos releases so why not death? I genuinely don’t understand the doubt. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, novakai said:

aww not the Auric Hearthguard and really the Gargant why are they 12 bucks more?

Auric Hearthguard are a pretty terrible value kit to start with, only 5 heads and monopose bodies. Turns Fyreslayer armies into clone armies (vulkites are just as bad). Granted the individual hearthguard models are very good but its a terrible kit to build an army out of. I really wish they had done something like the Tempestus Scions kit at least (17 head options in a box that builds 5 guys).

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

If we consider all different mentions of unreleased factions  from official GW books (not considering the novels) we have for now: Hysh aelves, Shysh aelves, Grotbag Scuttlers and unnamed automatons/golems existing in Chamon.

Point is reference in a book does not mean they are coming before others, neither that not being referenced they are not coming at all... Did I miss any?

Also didn’t read the whole Lake Lethis lore yet but if the new faction is coming from that stormvault that would mean uttermost defeat or even annihilation for the Anvils of Heldenhammer since their headquarter is on top of the storm vault... We sure that’s what gonna happen?? 

5 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

If we consider all different mentions of unreleased factions  from official GW books (not considering the novels) we have for now: Hysh aelves, Shysh aelves, Grotbag Scuttlers and unnamed automatons/golems existing in Chamon.

Point is reference in a book does not mean they are coming before others, neither that not being referenced they are not coming at all... Did I miss any?

Also didn’t read the whole Lake Lethis lore yet but if the new faction is coming from that stormvault that would mean uttermost defeat or even annihilation for the Anvils of Heldenhammer since their headquarter is on top of the storm vault... We sure that’s what gonna happen?? 

Not really, from what I remember that stormvault is under a graveyard that is close to the stygxx fortress, the primary stormkeep for anvils. At the end of that story, the monster within did break free but the stormkeep stands still with the help of the nearby FEC.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zamerion said:

RumourEngine-Jul2-Content2hhsw.jpg

My guess would be also that it is something aelvish. Propably a model from the shadespire team? A new Shadespire Team could be a first tease on a new faction to come later. Like Zarbagz Gitz

It could be also a Chewbacca in an aelv-cosplay with all this fur/hair

Edited by Charleston
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Just an FYI about the Sylvaneth tome, I spoke to a few people at Warhammer fest about it. Unless something has changed since then, it's been delayed because the US's entire stock was held up in customs. They couldn't do a worldwide release until the American stock has been OK'd, so until that happens we all need to wait.

Again, as a disclaimer, this may be old news that has changed.