The Rumour Thread

Honestly...

I'd be super on board for that wyvern being a model. Make it smaller then say a mawcrusha, meant to be taken in small packs with the option of a leader variant.

Give it some neat lore where, in preparation for larger hunts, orruks will hunt and mount them. The implication being that these mounts dont survive the hunt. That they're either killed by the beast they were mounted to fight, or by the bonesplittaz themselves when the celebrations and post hunt festivities begin.

Its backed up by rumor pics, this art, and would fit pretty nicely. Give them that, the terrain like some kind of bonepit, and spells, and holy cow is that army more appealing! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

If they did release that I would be very tempted to branch out into getting some Bonesplitterz

I bought a bunch of splitters to add to my savages when the current book came out. I planned to do them as a tribe living in ice lands. Ice weapons instead of stone and white crackle paint on bases. That sort of thing. If they get a nice new set of mini-wyvern cavalry plus a lot on full wyvern, I know my next army now.

7 hours ago, TheNotebookGM said:

I cannot afford a splitterz release. I want nothing more than a board of naked dwarves battling naked orks.

That's the classic retelling of Battle for Nudist Beach lolol.

Also I want a new Bonesplitterz book so bad.  I bought a 2K army recently but with all the rumors swirling around it has been put on the back burner. 

I would kill Sigmar himself for a Savage wyvrn model.  Please GW Please!

13 hours ago, xking said:

Bonesplitterz release?

Post image

1. Does anyone recall if this is a new Artwork? As GW currently has a strict "Do not depict if there is no model for it" policy, this actually might be a pretty nice teaser for us! Especially as all Waverns/Drakes in the Pic are very similar and might be therefore based on a model.
  2. This would match the pattern as they also didn´t got a point update, which is a sign that new points may be in the new book.
  3. As Ironjaws got new point Values, this is a clear sign that IJ and BS won´t be merged as rumoured
  4. New Models come either with a bigger Wave of Models (GG, NH or SCE Sancrosanct) or with a dual box in the last time. Therefore chances are good on a Bonesplitters vs XY Box (Fyreslayers might but don´t have to be an option as the box arts are most of the time secret until an official teaser).
  5. We know that this year is supposed to bring us a new Destruction Battletome. While Gutbusters are discussed, BS would be a nice revamp as the green orruks are a typical Warhammer asset

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Eh there's been several works of new art that don't have models, heck the Flesh Eater Courts have a "new model" art on their warscroll cards. 

This, the policy has gone the way of the dodo a while back, when GW started turning things around.

Still, this particular case is curious, considering the wyvern riders are quite prominent and represent something so big. Add to that GW having just removed Orruk wyvern raiders by throwing Greenskinz into the archives. At the very least this shows a direction GW might plan to take Bonesplittaz. I remember Bonesplittaz being all the rage for some time (helped along by Kunnin Rukk) and I think that if they where aproved for expansion at the time they sold well, they'd be ready for release around now. So while this is not remotely proof of an expansion of the model range, together with the lack of GHB changes, it at least is a feasable hint at such a turn of events.

It certainly would be nice if at least one (or two, with BCR) of the small model range Battletome factions got a proper expansion in the near future.

thing is even if something is "in the lore" a simple change of angle and situation (eg a mounted unit being dismounted) coupled to a different paint scheme and perhaps some alterations for some realm theming and something "on brand" can appear to be totally new because of how the artwork has come together. Plus there's loads of "new things" appearing in the stories all the time. Inferno has a short story with undersea nymphs and mermaids and seadragons coming to the aid of the Sylvanath. A fully fledged underewater faction allied to the tree peoples and yet chances are it will never see tabletop side. Heck least I mention Cathay, Nippon and Araby from Old World that were referenced lots in the lore and yet the only one that ever got close was Araby getting a single army release in Warmaster. 

I don't think that's new artwork, I'm pretty sure I've seen it before.

All reservations aside, the Savage Ork on Wyvern literally used to be a model, it's by no means a stretch to think Bonesplittas may get a new Wyvern model down the road.

3 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Add to that GW having just removed Orruk wyvern raiders by throwing Greenskinz into the archives. 

This.... didn't happen. Greenskins are still right there among the other Destruction factions. Gitmob got tossed, Greenskins didn't. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

This.... didn't happen. Greenskins are still right there among the other Destruction factions. Gitmob got tossed, Greenskins didn't. 

In the GHB, yes, but Greenskins were completely removed from the store. Given the direction of updates since the store was re-organized, I give the store organization more deference than the GHB these days.

It may be that Greenskins will persist until the new Ironjawz book swallows them up or somesuch. ManEaters and Firebellies are also in the GHB and I don't expect them to persist a day longer than it takes to get the next Ogor battletome.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, madmac said:

In the GHB, yes, but Greenskins were completely removed from the store. Given the direction of updates since the store was re-organized, I give the store organization more deference than the GHB these days.

It may be that Greenskins will persist until the new Ironjawz book swallows them up or somesuch. ManEaters and Firebellies are also in the GHB and I don't expect them to persist a day longer than it takes to get the next Ogor battletome.

I tend to go by what they can sell, all the gitmob kits were awefully dated, the greenskins were aswell excluding the boarboys kit which was imo great and I highly doubt they would scrap that mold so I expect them to come back along some other orruks in-between ironjaws and Savage orruks 

Ive been thinking that a combined Ironjawz and whatever replaces Gitmob may become the AoS "Orcs and Goblins" similar to how Gloomspite is the combination of a few things. 

Gw could play on the "Hobgrot" aspect of cream of the crop grots and come up with some cool concepts. 

If done right it think it could be cool although id be fine with just an expanded Ironjawz. 

13 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Isn't the release date for Warcry July 20th?

That’s when GW said they’ll allow people to play it for the first time. My guess next weekend we’ll see the next Tome, a new warband, and sisters of battle.

edit: to clarify I meant that we’ll see it at warhammer day.

Edited by TheR00zle
Clarification

We've got Apoc before Warcry and based on the number of articles and release pattern its going to be all Apoc next week and perhaps even a good portion into the week after; then we'll hit Warcry running - so anyone with apoc sized 40K armies (or dreams of them) and also Warcry interestse is going to get their wallet hit with a sledge hammer in July!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

That’s when GW said they’ll allow people to play it for the first time. My guess next weekend we’ll see the next Tome, a new warband, and sisters of battle.

edit: to clarify I meant that we’ll see it at warhammer day.

I dunno if we’ll get any previews for Warhammer Day. I think they’d have mentioned it. 

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

they still have a lot of impending releases like Chaos Renegade Knight and all the Blackstone fortress stuff (and hopefully the Sylvaneath tome). so I think at this point July and beginning of August is really packed with releases

Not gonna lie, I’ve been looking forward to the chaos knight codex(not a power gamer, just enjoy the model a lot).

• Thanks 1