The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

Have you ever considered starting Dispossessed? I can pay the first order for you.

Sure how much would you consider paying, and would shipping be involved too?

😜

Edit: you wouldn’t mind a good old skavenplayer joining your ranks (I definitely haven’t shaved any dwarfen beards yet, and definitely am not playing clan mors themed skaven, nor is Queek Headtaker my favorite character in the whole old world)

oh and all those names that are written similar to mine, mentioned in the book, yes well that’s definitely not me!!)

Edited by Skreech Verminking

6 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

It could go on pre-order 29th. 

That’s when all the apocalypse stuff is going up, and there’s a lot being released for that and it’s basically a new system, I think it’ll get the week to itself. 

Edit: actually we’ve had the retailers price lists for that week and it was just Apocalypse. 

Edited by Still-young

Did you read the Apocalypse preview guys? I think that there are several things that could be interesting in our beloved AoS game. One of them being the Alternate activation. (Well, for apocalypse it is "per detachment"). It diminishes the "turn 1" importance (which guy will have the turn 1?) . Make the game more fluid, let you play more often vs waiting 1h that your opponent finished his turn, and also diminishes (here in AoS) the double turn effect.

Another thing is interesting: the damage is effective at the end of the turn! Which means that both side can fight even if one is already dead/diminished. I like this. Here again, that lower the importance of who plays first.

I'd be super glad to see an evolution of AoS in this direction.

Edited by GeneralZero
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Another thing is interesting: the damage is effective at the end of the turn! Which means that both side can fight even if one is already dead/diminished. I like this. Here again, that lower the importance of who plays first.

Its weird but I find myself really liking it the more I think about it. I might need to go back and actually finish my Imperial Knight army.

14 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Its weird but I find myself really liking it the more I think about it. I might need to go back and actually finish my Imperial Knight army.

I don't think the word "weird" is the right one here: I'd rather say "unusual" for recent GW games. But soooooooooo much interesting as a fight in real situation is simultaneous and attaks & defense actions are instant response to each other.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:52 AM, GeneralZero said:

Did you read the Apocalypse preview guys? I think that there are several things that could be interesting in our beloved AoS game. One of them being the Alternate activation. (Well, for apocalypse it is "per detachment"). It diminishes the "turn 1" importance (which guy will have the turn 1?) . Make the game more fluid, let you play more often vs waiting 1h that your opponent finished his turn, and also diminishes (here in AoS) the double turn effect.

I'd be super glad to see an evolution of AoS in this direction.

Both of these are good for a game that appears to be 40K scaled Epic.

Not so good for AoS. I cross my fingers that we never see these in the game.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TristanGray said:

My local store can’t get in the KO or Idoneth battletomes anymore because they’re being “updated”. Helllo!

even as idoneth player who would love to see a new tome with usables relycs.command thraiths. more than 1 ultra niche command ability etc. 

We dont deserve a new tome till 1 year more minimun. There are tons of army of dire need before us. Like disspossed. High elfs( they exist despite gw dont remember it). Wood elves. Dark elves. Etc and even new ones like ironjaws.seraphons.bonesplitter etc.

So are or ur stowe owner joking or is this true??

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Movement trays will be £25 for a pack of 

18 x 25mm

12 x 32mm

16 x 40 mm

FB_IMG_1560798880546.jpg

Dear God the Apocalypse boxes are 100£!
They can't do that to me, that deal is way too good.
Will someone think of the wallets??
Why won't they leave my wallet alone!?!?

(I saw a breakdown of the value of each box yesterday, and it's between 150 and 165£ each)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TristanGray said:

My local store can’t get in the KO or Idoneth battletomes anymore because they’re being “updated”. Helllo!

These seems unlikely. As far as I'm aware GW pretty much continue selling stock until right before the new version goes on pre-order.  Other than sylvaneth it's highly unlikely we'll see any AoS release prior to the open day in just over a month. 

While KO definitely need a new book, and are a decent candidate for an order release, I don't see idoneth. 

They could benefit from a new book, but it would be fairly unprecedented for GW to release a new book so fast. 

5 hours ago, HollowHills said:

They could benefit from a new book, but it would be fairly unprecedented for GW to release a new book so fast. 

Although I agree it's unlikely, Khorne and Stormcasts put a hole in that theory, although my guess is the first two versions of those battletomes were following the old AoS philosophy of smaller factions. They were probably in the pipeline before the change of strategy.

The question is simply how did they planned everything a year or two ago? I doubt GW thought that the IDK Battletome had problems right has it was released, and at best they started working on a new one 6 months after its release, with at least a year in production, so the very very best case scenario would be a new Battletome this fall, but I very much doubt IDK are a priority right now. Maybe next year. Big maybe.

9 minutes ago, eciu said:

I must say its kinda (sad) but hilarious. 

I wonder if it blocks the whole BT release pipeline....

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the Sylvaneth battletome hold up was effecting other battletome releases as well.

3 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the Sylvaneth battletome hold up was effecting other battletome releases as well.

I don't think it is at that stage yet. It makes sense to not release anything too near the ghb. The next aos adjacent release will be warcry in July. Then  we will get an open day to preview the next battletome on July 20th, with either Gutbusters or Bonesplittas coming in August. 

• Like 1