The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

I feel your pain.

I also started Warriors of Chaos many many years ago because of mighty heavily armored mercyless fighters.

In 8th edition the warriors were the by far the strongest battle line units. They were feared when marked right.

When AOS came around they removed the marks or better said the powers of the marks. Now STD are just a joke and i get more and more frustrated to the point where i think about selling my whole chaos army of all marks. The point decrease of the chariots is another sign that the devs have absolutely no idea plan of what to do with STD in the future. So they give the chariots a tiny tiny point decrease when taken in groups of 3. Problem is, chariots get weaker when taken in groups.  Of course the point drop is for the chariots nobody plays instead of the gorebeast chariots, the only unit that could be remotely considered as not utter garbage.

And i am in the same boat, i guess they will completely remove the marks and this will be the final nail into the coffin. Evidence for that is the Dark Queen.

It's just sad

I don't think they'll remove the marks from any unit that currently has them. These don't just get used in Slaves armies, but in all monogod armies. And I think there are just to many player who still have a good sized chunk of Slaves in their monogod armies. Even if it is not the optimal gameplay choice, there are plenty of reasons to do this, not the least being that the mortal options outside of Khorne are rather thin and again only Khorne has a adequately equivalent (in the lore and looks department) replacement for Chaos Warriors.

Removing marks has serious potential to upset a larger amount of players than would be wise.

It could see them taken down the route of Beasts with marks available only via battalion. I'd consider even that a rather poor move though, as that comes with a serious unit tax, restraining collections and list composition.

Hey guys, I just realized that recent rumor engine looks really similar to this guy's blade... RumourEngine-Jun11-Content2ijf.jpg.273f13e3cebbf431a6157167b5730bab.jpg

IMG_7988.PNG.b1807e3ef02488f538d97a27ea35ec36.PNG

Could that mean something? I also realized the rumor engine looks similar to my Gutbusters Gutlord (Irongut unit leader) big sword...

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Hey guys, I just realized that recent rumor engine looks really similar to this guy's blade... RumourEngine-Jun11-Content2ijf.jpg.273f13e3cebbf431a6157167b5730bab.jpg

Could that mean something? I also realized the rumor engine looks similar to my Gutbusters Gutlord (Irongut unit leader) big sword...

looks like you are on to something here

• LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Kaz said:

I initially thought the same but, and i;m not trying to rain on your parade because they could easily change the stye, there is no sword with two cutting edges in the Ogors range. It's part of their brutal aesthetic but again could still be a change in style. 

35 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I initially thought the same but, and i;m not trying to rain on your parade because they could easily change the stye, there is no sword with two cutting edges in the Ogors range. It's part of their brutal aesthetic but again could still be a change in style. 

Ironjawz also don't have swords with two edges. And that is the only other army that has those teeth on their weapons. So I don't know what other army it could be except those two.

Edited by Pitloze

1 hour ago, Pitloze said:

Ironjawz also don't have swords with two edges. And that is the only other army that has those teeth on their weapons. So I don't know what other army it could be except those two.

I thought slaves to darkness. The curving from the hilt, double edged and very brutal looking. 

I don’t expect it to be Warcry but a season 3 underworlds model wouldn’t surprise me. 

All in all, I think that rumor engine looks much more like an Ogor weapon than an Ironjawz one. The wooden weapon haft bolted to the weapon is something only Ogors have currently.

I also think at this point a Gutbusters tome is looking increasingly likely. Ironjawz just got heavily updated allegiance abilities, point drops, and a spell lore, while Gutbusters and Bonesplitterz weren't even touched in the GHB. (and pretty much every faction besides those two saw at least one point adjustment, even Greenskins)

To me that suggests that the GHB rules for Ironjawz (and Seraphon, sadly) are meant to keep those factions going a while longer before they get their battletome, while Gutbusters and Bonesplitterz are much closer.

4 hours ago, Kramer said:

You could be right, and I'll admit, I do hope it's ogors, but it is entirely possible that it could be darkoath, or heck, even Warcry. I personally believe it's ogors mostly because i'm hungry for a new ogors battletome (get it? my bad that was lame...), as well as Ironjawz weapons have a different feel to them, though Im not really an ironjawz expert. At the end of the day we'll have to see, especially on 20th July for the AOS preview.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kaz said:

You could be right, and I'll admit, I do hope it's ogors, but it is entirely possible that it could be darkoath, or heck, even Warcry. I personally believe it's ogors mostly because i'm hungry for a new ogors battletome (get it? my bad that was lame...), as well as Ironjawz weapons have a different feel to them, though Im not really an ironjawz expert. At the end of the day we'll have to see, especially on 20th July for the AOS preview.  

Hehe, meaty was better 😂

I think that axe might be ironjawz. Similar tiny metal jagged bits. On the sword. The ogor one does look similar too though. The weird thing is the wood with the nails. I don't think the ij have any wood that looks like that.

Edited by Riavan

From an in game (AOS) prospective the gaps between models for a cloud formation makes no sense. I would never waste my money on that product. 3rd party ones primarily come in 2 formations... clouds as close together as possible and lines 1 inch apart. 

There is a reason they come in those formations.

4 minutes ago, michu said:

Well, I don't believe those were designed with AoS in mind so no wonder they don't fit.

In the apocalypse new rules, the units have to be in a certain range of the HQ of their detachment. That's why the trays offer relatively grouped units with a random shape to look more "battlefield". But indeed, I'm a bit doubtful of the versatility of those trays when it comes to pay the GW price....

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well there’s still that tree tome that isn’t certain when it’ll be coming out.

Yeah but it’s not for preorder this week or the next, so the 6th is the earliest, which is the 13th July release, hence nothing til at least Mid-July. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

So, if nothing's new until Appocalypse, that means nothing new on the AoS table untl at least mid july.

Guys, time to get back to our pile of shame!😋

With all the releases recently I'm kinda glad lol. I've got Fyreslayers, Gloomspite, Khorne, and Skaven to work on. Almost every army I play has had releases this year.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Forrix said:

With all the releases recently I'm kinda glad lol. I've got Fyreslayers, Gloomspite, Khorne, and Skaven to work on. Almost every army I play has had releases this year.

Have you ever considered starting Dispossessed? I can pay the first order for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11