The Rumour Thread

51 minutes ago, Dez said:

Ardboyz come on boxes of 15, but min unit is 10. Blorcs are 5. Good theory...not sure if it's on though,

Hmm, maybe he was guessing based on the way the list was formatted as they didn't have single figure costs and they are trying to keep the matched play as simple as possible.

I want to clarify some stuff here in light of the latest rumors on points and such from the Generals handbook.

I will be playing my Death forces for the Summer campaign,I have Nagash along with Neferata and a rather extensive collection of old and new Death units/models.These rules,including the summoning nerf,I feel are going to be just fine and actually make for some very balanced and competative games.

First off,according to the Warscroll for Nagash,he can cast/dispel a total of 8 spells at full strength,he has a +3 to cast and unbind as well.

Now the way im reading this persons rumor report,as a summoning player I will be able to set aside a point amount for summoning.During the game I can choose a unit to summon(any unit/model from my collection that is),pay the points for it,then roll to cast.Of course if it doesnt go off I think its safe to assume that the points arent spent..as well I cant attempt that summoning spell again until the next battleround,,fair enough.

With Nagash`s bonus to casting he should have no problem at all getting units out rather quickly and in fair numbers.Even the doubling of models could be a boon even though the additional warscroll would have to payed for as well,but I would get two for a single cast roll...I believe he would be able to cast Terrorghiests on a 7+ with his best bonus,,add another +1 if hes near arcane terrain,,,,or even get some Morghasts out early(on a 4+ even) then gain another +1 to cast.the cheap units of 5 or less to cast would only fail if double ones were rolled.Basically I can start on the board with just him and some bubble wrap troops,finish deployment before my opponent and go first(depending on scenario rules of course).Then spend my first turn summoning out units from my collection specifically catered and likely optimally positioned to deal with my opponents army.I can see this as a viable way to use him and is likely why hes costed so high.

Ive played Nagash a few times in open play,,,basically his summoning is just not fun unless your opponent has some hard hitting stuff on the table.Probably the best battle with him was against Glottkin and large army of plague bearers and nurglings.Other times its been so one sided that we gave up on it..This new system certainly does look to be a nerf to him,but not even close to making him useless...

1 minute ago, Andreas said:

I think it seems ok compared to the few points we have seen so far. 10 vulkites = 10 ardboys and two magmadroths for the price of one maw-kruscha.

Just worried at rumoured 220 for 5 retributors. But suppose I shouldn't and can't compare everything to the best unit in the game. As that way madness lies. 

@Thostos
Thank you for being an intelligent death player who realizes undead are going to be just fine without summoning. I never use summoning and have won every game I've played as death. 

According to GW, each new publication of scrolls overrides the old publication, therefore with FE-Courts, units like Terrorgheist & Zombie Dragon do not have an option to summon. Not that they need it; summoning is about a free move now and these units move 14" on their own. By the way the FE courts have so much broken rules that go around summoning, easily the strongest army in AoS after seraphon and daemons have to actually start paying for their units. 

@yarrickson
Retributors are very good, arguable for best unit in the game - but its a good case. With celestant on foot they are insane. But a thundertusk can delete two to start a game - they are not without counters. 220 seems fair however a lot of the stormcast points sounds like BS, I'll believe it when I see it on a page.

• Like 2

EDIT BY BEN.  Please don't post photos from the books in here.  

The odd pic here and thre would probably have been ok but posting the whole book into one place is only going to attract unwanted attention.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bass294 said:

So since Ben went official with the leaks, the anon on /tg/ is posting the rest of his scans. Will try to update as they come.

Still no Rotbringers, I just want to know Glott's cost :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

I can't believe Thundertusk is a Battleline unit.

Age of Sigmar is over, welcome to the Age of Thundertusk.

Considering you still are limited to 2 behemoths per 1k points it's not that awful. It's less monsters than SCGT will allow.

" Still no Rotbringers, I just want to know Glott's cost :( "

Go over to /tg/ and ask. Guy is taking requests and uploading them slowly. iirc glottkin is something like 460 and all the maggoth lords are 260.

The points are very cohesive. The main problem with 8th was it was a bunch of guys take on the system with their own ideas of balance. This is one book, released at the same time with one cohesive balance concept.

I'm a somewhat experienced AoS player - as far as I can see none of the bad things I was afraid of are not happening at all. Really good units are somewhat properly costed. Obvious exploits like way undercosted or overcosted units are not obviously present. It seems it was carefully designed so that, if you make a tiny pigeonhole force you are gifted with awesome units becoming battleline, but you cant use a lot of awesome models in your 'race' and especially 'grand alliance'. If you want to just go ahead and start grabbing the best models in your entire alliance, you get heavily penalized with a "battleline tax". 

@PJetski
Thundertusk is a leader and a behemoth with no options for battline. Thundertusk is expensive and regardless, it suffers from likely the most harsh wounds penalty of any monster; if you cause 5 wounds on it it becomes a little silly pushover you can ignore. Regardless there has not been an "ogor" battletome yet. They can easily do what they did for flesh-eater courts and release a new battletome to override the scroll to fix it if the game becomes dominated by thundertusks.

Having said that, its a really beautiful model - i'd love to see a ton of painted thundertusks! Much much better than a ton of skull cannons.

EDIT - It does appear something called "thundertusk beastriders" is battelline - but we don't know what this is yet? especially this "frostlord"? Seems like an ogor book is coming, so anything could happen.

most of the posts seem to have finished .. Extremis Chapter is oddly missing??

Edited by WoollyMammoth

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

I can't believe Thundertusk is a Battleline unit.

Age of Sigmar is over, welcome to the Age of Thundertusk.

Wait what? What pic is that? Show me! I want to add thundertusks to my ironjawz.

The beast claw raiders were getting a slight change so it 'kinda'? makes sense lol

Verminlord Corrupter is significantly less than Deciever or Warbringer

Looks like Pestilens only includes the 4x formations in the battletome. So none of the Realmgate Wars formations such as Pestilent Clawpack of Bringers of the Rotsmog. Kind of disappointed by that to be honest, they were the other two I wanted to try out most after The Virulent Horde (which also isnt included)

Also note the other formations from the Realmgate Wars are missing for Rotbringers & Nurgle Daemons such as Torglugs Foulblessed, Nurgles Deluge, Bloabs Swarmbrothers

Edited by James McPherson
removed link to book and points costs

On 6/25/2016 at 2:50 PM, Brian Andrews said:

According to my old store manager the unit sizes are based on the size they are sold in. So one unit is one box and if you want to have more you do it by adding another box. If there's demand for it I guess people will just divide the unit point cost by the number of figures in the box. This might be useful for when boxes have 10 or more models in them.

I would strongly advise against doing this.  This would be abused by min/maxing for units that can carry special weapons or other unforeseen consequences.