The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, PaniuBraniu said:

Don't forget about Somali pirates, not as cool as rumored undead ones, but similarly effective.

I'm now imagining pirates raiding the ship, triumphantly stealing the shipping containers, and then wondering what to do with a thousand copies of the same book about dryads, and a lifetimes supply of plastic trees!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I'm now imagining pirates raiding the ship, triumphantly stealing the shipping containers, and then wondering what to do with a thousand copies of the same book about dryads, and a lifetimes supply of plastic trees!

Somalia, worlds largest Sylvaneth player base

• Haha 11
  • LOVE IT! 1

If GW is moving towards a soup battletome that will be compatible and supported but then retrieves some factions and explores them more with their own battletome, that would be a genius marketing move. With LoN I have already 2 armies with almost same models. If a new deathrattle compatible with LoN would come out, it would mean I already have few models from LoN and would be no brainer to start a new army adding the new models. Same logic I believe would apply to Duardin fans in case a soup Duardin BT comes out but then each faction in time gets its own updated battletome (like Fyreslayers already did). And could be also the way forward for all Aelves or even Free Peoples in future...

Exciting times!! Looking forward to see if this is the confirmed direction. With the grand alliance you would even have 3 layers!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

If GW is moving towards a soup battletome that will be compatible and supported but then retrieves some factions and explores them more with their own battletome, that would be a genius marketing move. With LoN I have already 2 armies with almost same models. If a new deathrattle compatible with LoN would come out, it would mean I already have few models from LoN and would be no brainer to start a new army adding the new models. Same logic I believe would apply to Duardin fans in case a soup Duardin BT comes out but then each faction in time gets its own updated battletome (like Fyreslayers already did). And could be also the way forward for all Aelves or even Free Peoples in future...

Exciting times!! Looking forward to see if this is the confirmed direction. With the grand alliance you would even have 3 layers!!!

Mostly agree, but the other side of the coin is that a soup tome usually doesn’t have the most interesting/powerful allegiance abilities as it needs to work with all the sub factions. Which as a whole might be quite good and fun to play but as only the subfaction you usually are lacking a bit. (Trolls for example). But it all comes down on the execution. I just hope that if it’s a duardin tome they leave KO and Fyreslayers out of it. 

• Like 3

Just now, pseudonyme said:

OK thanks.

As much as I would have prefered an  out of the blue Death faction, more skeletons is always cool, especially if they are based on the WHU warband

I wouldn't make the jump that it is "more skeletons".  I don't know exactly what but we'll probably see them lean into the constructs pretty heavily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I wouldn't make the jump that it is "more skeletons".  I don't know exactly what but we'll probably see them lean into the constructs pretty heavily.

Blood thirster made of bone. B O N E T H I R S T E R

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Constructs were TK's big difference when it came to skeletons and as GW has quite a lot of skeleton heavy armies already going construct heavy would be a sensible move. Esp since the sculpts that were retired many of the ones people remember most are the big construct based models or the duel (eg skeletons riding cobra constructs).

Also based on this quote below from earlier in the year we might well advance the TK hint to actual verified RUMOUR! There we go we have 1 actual rumour in the rumours thread!!!!! Remembering that the only reason we don't have Sylvanath is a trade issue. 

On 2/7/2019 at 6:14 PM, Thomas Lyons said:

You can believe what you want. You'll see both Sylvaneth and KO late this spring. Mark my words. 

Edited by Overread

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Also based on this quote below from earlier in the year we might well advance the TK hint to actual verified RUMOUR! There we go we have 1 actual rumour in the rumours thread!!!!! 

Yeah, KO hasn't happened and its probably because they hate me.

• Haha 3

Just now, Thomas Lyons said:

The construct theme seems logical indeed. That's not something Death has at the moment, it fits the artwork of the Death Entity of Forbidden power (giant skeleton) and other things like the Morghasts or the Total War ship constructs we've being seeing the last few years,

1545806481_TheSquatted.png.f2d3a577df8e849ad6d18a9b3570f19f.png

Maybe if we see a Katophrane aspect like shade glass construct 

1217599080_*WHU_Katophrane_AbasothsUnmaking.png.fc30bf3b5321f853d0c7f724ef1afdc9.png

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Yeah, KO hasn't happened and its probably because they hate me.

Wait somehow in my mind KO became fyreslayers.....

So that's 50% rumour accurate ;) which means TK might or might not be coming or might or might not be ranged focused 

• Like 1

Just now, HammerOfSigmar said:

So the new "TK" will just bow to nagash? That's sounds really weird.

If Sigmar sealed them away and Nagash releases them I guess makes sense... wouldn’t you ally with your enemy if your enemy would free you from your jail???

Just now, HammerOfSigmar said:

Honestly no idea how the pieces fit together. If they are aligned with Nagash, it wouldn't surprise me (this is speculation) if they bundle it as Nulahmia, under Nefrata's control. If they did this, the aesthetic is already present and she would have the lore of Death constructs given her past. This doesn't seem like a far reach.

Alternatively, they could do something completely new with either Katophranes, or historical TK.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

It was only one TK leader who was famous for "not bowing" it was never a carbon feature of the faction (and lets be honest I don't think any faction in Old World ever bowed to another - except possibly goblins to orks ;))

• Like 3