The Rumour Thread

I'm really not interested in yet more stormcast :/

The models are ok, but not something I'll be buying.

GW we have a LOT of factions left without love right now and I know you wanna force stormcast to be everyone's thing, but this is a step back.

This is that time in a party centric RPG where you get -10 rep despite having had a run of getting everyone almost to max.

Faith not destroyed, but no more like this please until you've at least got the other bases covered.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StealthKnightSteg said:

more gryphhounds be good and I do wonder what these: Aetherwing and the formidable Gryph-chargers , will be. I worry the Gryph-chargers will be replacing the demigryph knights

Flying gryph cav in combat and ranged flavours is what I'm expecting here.

Also... these guys have Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons. Just saying. This release puts to bed in my mind the possibility of a book release that updated multiple armies at once to have allegiance abilities and battalions. That was always a fantasy but I still like to dream!

14 minutes ago, StealthKnightSteg said:

more gryphhounds be good and I do wonder what these: Aetherwing and the formidable Gryph-chargers , will be. I worry the Gryph-chargers will be replacing the demigryph knights

I'm going to assume that the Gryph-Chargers are going to be Stormcast hunter cavalry, i think that would fit with one of the previous rumour pics we've seen. Which mean they prob won't replace the demigryph's as they are human cav...I hope.

I'm super duper hyped on one hand.

On the other - frak it GW, I thought I was finished buying Stormcast! You can't just drop a whole new line on me like this! And so pretty too...

While I'm pleasantly surprised that this is coming out, I'm not shocked it happened. Did you really think that GW would leave their posterboy army without one of the new style Battletomes for very long? Just common sense, though I hope this means that they'll also hit Seraphon (who need this type of update badly) and some others as well. While I'd love to see new armies, it would suck to be one with an "old" Battletome that doesn't have all the good toys and stuff. 

• Like 1

No sir, I don't like it.  It feels way too much like what they do in 40k, where Space Marines get multiple updates while other factions don't get anything.  I get the new format, but there are other factions that need their first updates before the "Sigmarines" get their second update.  But then again this is GW, is anyone surprised by it?  Have to make the posterboys always special.

• Like 7