The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

As discussed, the whole book contains hints you didn't mentioned, about Devoted Of Sigmar, Gordrakk, Light Aeves, Grotbag Scuttler, Ironweld Arsenal, Necromancer on Flesh Palanquin (who also where in a malign portents short story), etc. - given other recent AOS publications, those are more likely to get releases than Wanderer and Seraphon, Chaos Tribesmen being Slaves To Darkness so post-Warcry goodies. 

I've been moving around a bunch and haven't had a chance to pick up Forbidden Power yet. What kind of coverage do the Ironweld Arsenal get in it? :) 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Huanchi said:

No offense but after reading it over 10 times i am not sure if you trolling the TK fans.. especially mentioning 4chan.. your entire post reads like a 4chan post.. 

It's ok, we been burned so many times already that don't think any old TK collectors are holding their breath for new TK release. But I must say I would be glad to be wrong with this one...

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

It's ok, we been burned so many times already that don't think any old TK collectors are holding their breath for new TK release. But I must say I would be glad to be wrong with this one...

I might turn blue, but damn it I’m here. 

• Like 3

Just had a look through every Elf Army book I can find.
The first rune doens't have a clear match, but could be an upside down Cython (Serpent, wisdom, Lileath, futility)
The second could be a simplified Hanor (Rain, boldness, ingress) or possibly a very simplified Asur (rulership, the eternal flame, rebirth,  Asuryan) , the fourth is clearly Larime (frost, caution, egress), and the last one might be a simplified Histo (plenty, dominance, golden age).

5 hours ago, Huanchi said:

No offense but after reading it over 10 times i am not sure if you trolling the TK fans.. especially mentioning 4chan.. your entire post reads like a 4chan post.. 

I am 100% serious, hence why I gave an explanation on where this comes from. Like I said, I collect rumors from other people, and this is the first time that 1. I have been told information myself that I have not seen mentioned anywhere (outside that odd screencap from a year ago), and 2. The first time I've seen a Tomb Kings rumor from a reliable source. I told you I had some doubts too, but ultimately, I trust the info. Though like I said, he never tells me dates, but in personal experience this could be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. Others have commented that GW plans things years in advance, so its possible he only sees glimpses of things early on. I don't take offense, I know how some of the false rumors play out, which is why I tried to be thorough as possible, but the information itself is kind of vague. I don't expect everyone to believe it, I know it's a fresh one from an unproven (publicly) source, but when it comes to pass I'll brag about it :P.  Believe me, I definitely hope he's right too, the whole reason he told me was because I collect Tomb Kings so when he heard it he passed it on to me immediately.

Also this is pure coincidence that I posted the same day as the new rumor engine pic, but as others have said, those definitely look like Aeldari runes. In my opinion, I think this info from my post is related to it and here's the screencaps I have of that, though she'd be off by her date however I know she see's things super-far in advance: 

9 hours ago, FFJump said:

An interesting tidbit  though regarding the recent rumor engine pics that look like dinosaurs: I have a couple screencaps where Atia said a few years ago that we may get Exodites (for 40K) in a few years (from that point in time). My friend has also said that Seraphon were not getting a major release of models outside of spells, terrain, and tome for a while, so maybe a correlation.

Exodites Rumor.PNG

Exodites2.PNG

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Other things to take into account is the repetitions of mentions, like that "Necromancers flesh palanquin" that was also in Malign Portent short stories (those stories that also contained the first mention of the penumbral engines that ended up getting a model).

There was also one in the Soul Wars novel (Crelis Arul the Lady of all Flesh) so they're definitely popping up more in the all forms of the lore.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:05 PM, Minis by Night said:

Quick edit: I guess the new Air Clear paints will replace the glaze paints that were rumored to be retired.

Don't think this one has been answered yet.  The new Air Clear paints are actually the old Forge World Air Clear Paints brought into the Citadel Colour range.  The four glaze paints are indeed gone because you can replicate the effect using Contrast plus Contrast Medium.

On 6/3/2019 at 2:25 PM, Scurvydog said:

I worry if GHB 19 is delayed due to the issues with the Sylvaneth release as well. Bad times for AoS if everything is just stuck. 

On 6/3/2019 at 2:36 PM, EMMachine said:

I have more the feeling it could be the other way around. That the Battletome Sylvaneth is Delayed because of the Generals Handbook.

The Generals Handbook shouldn't be holding anything up.  Unless something has changed, all softbacked books get produced in the UK and hardbacked ones in China - this is why when a battletome goes out of stock it very quickly goes over to softbacked as the lead time is much shorter.  For the Generals Handbook this also allows them to make changes until a much later point in time.

Also GW has released several hardbacks through Black Library recently including Libre Chaotica. So unless they've been sitting on that stock for a long while that would suggest that material is moving from China again - ergo that its one shipment that Sylvanath is locked up in. I'm wondering if anyone in the great hobby world actually works in the trading side of things and has any awareness of what the container issue might be in more deatil. 

24 minutes ago, Overread said:

I'm wondering if anyone in the great hobby world actually works in the trading side of things and has any awareness of what the container issue might be in more deatil. 

Plouf !  (sometimes, the containers just drop in the water, there are storms in oceans, you know?  LOL or is it Speculation on my part?)