The Rumour Thread

On 5/30/2019 at 3:20 PM, the_master288 said:

I really, REALLY hope that they make some for a limited edition run on the Black Library store.........................

It's now available:

https://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/liber-chaotica-hb-2019.html

Preordered even if I never buy directly from GW (not keen on voluntary 20%+ rip-off), but I'll make an exception as I really want the book :) 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, VBS said:

It's now available:

https://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/liber-chaotica-hb-2019.html

Preordered even if I never buy directly from GW (not keen on voluntary 20%+ rip-off), but I'll make an exception as I really want the book :) 

Thank you so so much for letting me know about this!  I just preordered and am super excited!!!

I agree with you, I really want that book, so I'm very happy they put it up and thankful that you let me know.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DinoTitanedition said:

You mean like Penguins or an Ostrich?

Gud 1 m8

25 minutes ago, Still-young said:

They don’t really live in the sky though.

Point is birds have feet because they land on the ground / trees, idoneth have noses because they still go above water. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, michu said:

And don't they live in enclaves surrounded by something like bubbles of air? So they doesn't really need gills. 

So they`re actually just living underneath a kind of glas dome? Hunh....that`s interesting....so, other factions cana ctually try to get access without "equiping everone with a breathing device".

5 minutes ago, DinoTitanedition said:

So they`re actually just living underneath a kind of glas dome? Hunh....that`s interesting....so, other factions cana ctually try to get access without "equiping everone with a breathing device".

So Idoneth are officially Fantasy Gungans. You heard it here first folks!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, DinoTitanedition said:

Why do Idoneth have noses, when they live under water?

Chaos daemons have noses(or holes when the nose ought to be), but to they need it? I very much doubt that.
From a design perspective, it makes them more human and so more relatable and easier to accept for our inherently xenophobic mind(xenophobic in its original the "we don't like weird stuff" sense).
From a lore perspective, evolution takes a long time, and the Deepkin live underwater because of magic, not evolution. So unless they magic their nose away, their nose will stay for a long while.

2 hours ago, DinoTitanedition said:

Honestly they don't really get attacked? the only enclave to get attacked was either the one that defended against an undead tide in the malign portents stories, or the one where the skaven literally drained the ocean an enclave was hiding in. At any rate, They use magic to breathe under water, and I think surround themselves with the AetherSea most of the time if I remember correctly.

presumably, that means other factions can use magic to breathe under water too... I'm actually really looking forward to that book just to explain this.

Edited by Acid_Nine

Idoneth game wise are probably the safest faction in so much as their main cities and places of habitation are all under the sea. Lore wise they are not much safer as there are sea races down there in the deep oceans. There's an Inferno (I think 1st or 2nd book) which details undersea creatures on the side of the Sylvanath. Sea Nymphs who tend kelp gardens with mighty sea serpents and more. All open to corruption and war with chaos and all easily able to threaten the Idoneth. 

Scourge Pirates also have vast Krackens that they ride around in huge Black Ark city ships. So lore wise there's lots to be dangerous in the seas, but even if GW did a new "Man O War" game we might not see much of it unless one faction chooses to come onto the land as the Idoneth have done. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Idoneth game wise are probably the safest faction in so much as their main cities and places of habitation are all under the sea. Lore wise they are not much safer as there are sea races down there in the deep oceans. There's an Inferno (I think 1st or 2nd book) which details undersea creatures on the side of the Sylvanath. Sea Nymphs who tend kelp gardens with mighty sea serpents and more. All open to corruption and war with chaos and all easily able to threaten the Idoneth. 

Scourge Pirates also have vast Krackens that they ride around in huge Black Ark city ships. So lore wise there's lots to be dangerous in the seas, but even if GW did a new "Man O War" game we might not see much of it unless one faction chooses to come onto the land as the Idoneth have done. 

You could make the same comparison to Kharadron.  They are pretty equivalent in situation.

• Like 1