The Rumour Thread

Yep, these will be bought and go straight to the bitzbox.

Beautiful models and a lot of AoS/Fantasy potential, though I really think a lot of people underestimate the amount of science fiction/tech on Eldar equipment, including on these models.

There are armor sealings, bodysuit and synthetic style armor and clothing elements, "unnatural" shapes in the designs, lenses, back modules, etc. that are on all Eldar and no other model. These elements need to be adressed in conversion and I see a lot of conversions using Eldar parts that just do not do this, it has become something of a pet peeve of mine.

Compare and contrast the Silver Tower Aelves, who show a lot of skin, including the neck and back, which have scy-fy elements on pretty much every Eldar, as well as very different armor detail and an iconography that shares few to no common elements with the Eldar range, but a few with Warhammer Fantasy Elf ranges (High Elves interestingly). Of particular note I find the strange "shard" body modifications on the Sai, a body modification not seen on any Dark Eldar (a real feat, considering the Dark Eldar range really explored the realm of body modification).

Considering this, I really don't see a moving close of AoS Aelves and 40k Eldar ranges. But what little we have seen from the AoS "original" Aelves and these new Eldar is that each seem to me like their own thing, though clearly based on preexisting lines in their respective universe.

There are connecting threads between the newer 40k releases and AoS miniatures, but these are down to outside factors, technical advances and overall design philosophy shifts. For example, from about the release of AoS, the paint jobs of the studio armies have simply become a bit more spectacular in presentation again, I feel, moving to a sort of CGI like look that, I'd note has become rather popular online (particularly on Dakka), before.

Similarly, I think GW has become far more comfortable and experienced with using CAD design for the miniatures, leading to far more dynamicaly posed and rather differently detailed designs most newer releases share.

I think these overall developements lead to an effect of new releases seeming far more "samey" than they objectively are when you compare the miniatures side by side.

• Like 2

I just want to add one thing after reading the disciples of tzeentch tome I think tzeentch is trying to find/free slaanesh. Possibly, going by this eldar release slaanesh should be "soon". 

Also rumors pointed to a new N'kari. 

Edited by shinros

2 hours ago, shinros said:

I just want to add one thing after reading the disciples of tzeentch tome I think tzeentch is trying to find/free slaanesh. Possibly, going by this eldar release slaanesh should be "soon". 

I'd expect a dual Slaanesh release to coincide with 40K with Ynnead showing up.  Hard to say when they'd fit it in though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shinros said:

That avatar of Ynnead would make a great AOS Daemon prince.

Well this is just a wild speculation/question. Has it been confirmed that Slaanesh is staying around. If not i could imagine that Slannesh being "Beaten" (In some shape or form) in the 40k campaign could be the series "Big thing that happens" and would eliminate the rpoblem of having he/she in 40k but not AOS ...... Dont shoot me slaanesh lovers just popped into my brain . ...

11 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

Well this is just a wild speculation/question. Has it been confirmed that Slaanesh is staying around. If not i could imagine that Slannesh being "Beaten" (In some shape or form) in the 40k campaign could be the series "Big thing that happens" and would eliminate the rpoblem of having he/she in 40k but not AOS ...... Dont shoot me slaanesh lovers just popped into my brain 

The new DoT book says that Tzeentch had something to do with Slannesh' disappearance. I would assume as they keep mentioning Slannesh, and keep dropping hints, that the god of pleasure will reappear at some point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shinros said:

I haven't been paying attention, what is  N'kari supposed to be up to these days?

20 minutes ago, EvDJ said:

The new DoT book says that Tzeentch had something to do with Slannesh' disappearance. I would assume as they keep mentioning Slannesh, and keep dropping hints, that the god of pleasure will reappear at some point.

Hmm Maybe perhaps the 40k lore will just give Slaanesh a good slapping and knock him/her out of commision long enough for GW to finalize how they would go about bringing Slannesh back as well as it allowing for it to possibly coincide with an AOS release.

Didnt he just tell Malerion and Tyrion where to find him??

In AOS/WHFB i dont think N'kari as been around at all since the End Times

I think they're building up to Slaanesh's return as a big event in the storyline, and it'll be interesting to see how they reimagine them.

I'm also quite liking the new Eldar miniatures. It manages to take cues from every subfaction of them without feeling like a patchwork, and still stands as its own style.

Here's my guess: in the 40K storyline, the Elder defeat/merge with/pull all of their souls out of Slaanesh, taking her out of commission for a bit - as in AoS, but not for as long. This leads up to the relaunch of the Eldar as Aeldari, possibly also in conjunction with the rumoured new edition of 40K. And either Slaanesh is relaunched at the same time, or the Aeldari ARE the new Slaaneshi forces in some way.

Then, immediately afterwards, we get Aelves/Slaanesh stuff in AoS. I'm thinking of the precedent set by Thousand Sons/Disciples of Tzeentch: two game-specific sets of models flanking a bunch of new plastic daemons that can be used in either.

24 minutes ago, CJPT said:

Here's my guess: in the 40K storyline, the Elder defeat/merge with/pull all of their souls out of Slaanesh, taking her out of commission for a bit - as in AoS, but not for as long. This leads up to the relaunch of the Eldar as Aeldari, possibly also in conjunction with the rumoured new edition of 40K. And either Slaanesh is relaunched at the same time, or the Aeldari ARE the new Slaaneshi forces in some way.

Then, immediately afterwards, we get Aelves/Slaanesh stuff in AoS. I'm thinking of the precedent set by Thousand Sons/Disciples of Tzeentch: two game-specific sets of models flanking a bunch of new plastic daemons that can be used in either.

Id have to assume much the same.

Particularly if one of the Aelf factions is next (After the Duaradin that is) that will proberbly be a summer release. As a result of knowing more about Malerion and/or Tyrion i feel that we would need to be given a little more info of what they have being doing to Slaanesh.

Looking round alot of people seem afraid that Slaanesh is on borrowed time. However im certain that you can tweak Slaanesh to play down the "less appealing" aspects as far as the public is concerned. The champion from the Lord of undeath book is proberbly agood example of this.

Should i open up a thread for this? as i dont want to dilute the rumor thread with to much speculation or wish listing.

Or is this on track enough for people?

Edited by KHHaunts

1 hour ago, KHHaunts said:

Looking round alot of people seem afraid that Slaanesh is on borrowed time.

If this were the case I don't think Slaanesh would be getting mentions in the novels, in Disciples of Tzeentch, etc. If their plan was to kill off the god in the transition period between WHFB and AoS they'd have just done so: said 'Slaanesh is gone, the Horned Rat is the new fourth god, thanks bye'.

34 minutes ago, CJPT said:

If this were the case I don't think Slaanesh would be getting mentions in the novels, in Disciples of Tzeentch, etc. If their plan was to kill off the god in the transition period between WHFB and AoS they'd have just done so: said 'Slaanesh is gone, the Horned Rat is the new fourth god, thanks bye'.

You say that. However its one thing to assimilate or remove an army like the brets or TK as it would take little effort. However removing one of the one of the 4 most prominent beings in the Warhammer multiverse without giving it its dues would have ended very badly i think.

I dont think they will ever "Destroy" Slaanash for the same reason that GW dont openly deny the existence of Malice (Malal) it would be stupid to take a fully functioning potential army just waiting to have new life breathed into it and get rid of it when you can just leave it on the shelf for a rainy day.

• Like 1

If they had wanted to get rid of Slaanesh permanently, they'd have done so. Either during the End Times, or during the Age of Myth. No that hard to write it out if necessary. But Slaanesh is staying. There's a lot of stories with Slaanesh characters, keeps getting mentioned in the backgroud and has a lot of models that weren't phased out.

It's more likely that GW knew their own release schedule/model production. They saw that Slaanesh wasn't getting anything new for quite a while, so figured they'd make that into a plotline. Maybe not with a conscious plan or anything. Just an idea that "once we get around to doing Slaanesh again, we'll have a cool story hook".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Alec said:

If they had wanted to get rid of Slaanesh permanently, they'd have done so. Either during the End Times, or during the Age of Myth. No that hard to write it out if necessary. But Slaanesh is staying. There's a lot of stories with Slaanesh characters, keeps getting mentioned in the backgroud and has a lot of models that weren't phased out.

It's more likely that GW knew their own release schedule/model production. They saw that Slaanesh wasn't getting anything new for quite a while, so figured they'd make that into a plotline. Maybe not with a conscious plan or anything. Just an idea that "once we get around to doing Slaanesh again, we'll have a cool story hook".

I can see that. And a lot of the rumours for a Slaanesh removal are centered around how they're creepy-sexy and looking at the Yncarne makes me think GW is still OK with producing models like that.

2 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

Very possible but you could also explain it like this: by not interlily killing slaanesh off they keep the door open for slaanesh players to make the switch from warhammer to AoS. Which would be priority one (same with the compendium scrolls). And keeping slaanesh in limbo does not hurt anyone. 

Although personally I expect the elves release will bring slaanesh back. In some unexplored part of the shadow realm. Mostly based on the elf assassin from the silver tower game. 

But my point was. That they would always fit the fluff to the armies and maybe  the ongoing narrative.