The Rumour Thread

Yep, Generals handbook could be second week, considering we've had Contrast paint stuff all this week and nothing on the GHB. Sylvanath might come this weekend its hard to say. I hope it does because that would mean we might just get another Battletome in June if we are lucky and if GW has one in the waiting. They've done two in one week before with Skaven and Flesheaters. 

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Yep, Generals handbook could be second week, considering we've had Contrast paint stuff all this week and nothing on the GHB. Sylvanath might come this weekend its hard to say. I hope it does because that would mean we might just get another Battletome in June if we are lucky and if GW has one in the waiting. They've done two in one week before with Skaven and Flesheaters. 

I bet GW has some BT ready to go but after the Sylvaneth issues held it back until they have it on their hands. 

It is a shame, it kinda held back the hype if that  was the case, but it is understandable. I would be drivem mad if i were a Sylvaneth player.

It will be very interesting to see how GW responds to the battletome now being in some people's hands, and all the rules online for anyone to see if they want.

I am sure they held off releasing the digital version so that sales of the hard copy wouldn't be impacted.

1 hour ago, Austin said:

It will be very interesting to see how GW responds to the battletome now being in some people's hands, and all the rules online for anyone to see if they want.

I am sure they held off releasing the digital version so that sales of the hard copy wouldn't be impacted.

You’ve really got to feel for them. Bad enough when some crappy pic of a model gets leaked, inevitably on a weekend, and the poor sods handling the social media/public facing side of the company need to leap into action but a whole battletome.

I mean not like this release hasn’t already suffered enough birthing issues but having all their carefully marketing plans, reveals, new rules & lore teases inevitably end up on some barely literate Warhammer news sites first, totally ruining your weekend for a start, must be a right kick in the nethers.

I can’t imagine they’ll punt the digital/physical versions out right away but, depending if the books/models are available, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a load of articles this week and pre-order to follow. General’s Handbook looks scheduled for a June 15 release so that gives them a slot on the 8th. 

Not that I’d have thought they would have wanted them that close together. All depends on where the product is I guess. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JPjr said:

You’ve really got to feel for them. Bad enough when some crappy pic of a model gets leaked, inevitably on a weekend, and the poor sods handling the social media/public facing side of the company need to leap into action but a whole battletome.

I mean not like this release hasn’t already suffered enough birthing issues but having all their carefully marketing plans, reveals, new rules & lore teases inevitably end up on some barely literate Warhammer news sites first, totally ruining your weekend for a start, must be a right kick in the nethers.

I can’t imagine they’ll punt the digital/physical versions out right away but, depending if the books/models are available, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a load of articles this week and pre-order to follow. General’s Handbook looks scheduled for a June 15 release so that gives them a slot on the 8th. 

Not that I’d have thought they would have wanted them that close together. All depends on where the product is I guess. 

Yeah I mean on the one hand having to jump through your butt on a weekend is not fun, and I am sure they would rather have managed this release.

On the other hand though- if I were running a company I would be pretty stoked on the whole that I had a legion of fans so rabid they were combing the Apple bookstore to be able to purchase a book early and then discuss it (which I personally doubt will hurt sales, though this is just my feeling).  Silver linings and all haha.

Also, I am generally unsympathetic towards GWs digital struggles. They are a huge (at least well known and doing very good business) company and should have professionals to run this stuff. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Austin said:

Also, I am generally unsympathetic towards GWs digital struggles. They are a huge (at least well known and doing very good business) company and should have professionals to run this stuff. 

Not sure that's entirely fair with a situation like this where it's a 3rd party site that have jumped the gun, or something's gone wrong or not been corrected in the metadata. I've certainly worked on enough albums over the years where things have gone up on iTunes, Spotify etc but at a time or in a territory when it shouldn't have (or equally as annoying, not gone up) or it's just been leaked and gone up on a torrent site or similar to know that these things can and do happen, and when they do it's generally fun for no one involved.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JPjr said:

Not sure that's entirely fair with a situation like this where it's a 3rd party site that have jumped the gun, or something's gone wrong or not been corrected in the metadata. I've certainly worked on enough albums over the years where things have gone up on iTunes, Spotify etc but at a time or in a territory when it shouldn't have (or equally as annoying, not gone up) or it's just been leaked and gone up on a torrent site or similar to know that these things can and do happen, and when they do it's generally fun for no one involved.

In isolation I agree, things go wrong occasionally no matter who you are.  My frame of reference is the constant problems they have with eBooks, audio books, website woes etc.  After a while, it looks like an institutional problem versus plain bad luck.

And, although I am not disputing the temporary pain of figuring out what to do, this is like a hype shot in the arm for the product itself.  Which, if you believe the theory that the only bad publicity is no publicity, still seems like an overall positive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dawnmane said:

Does this mean there are no preorders next Saturday?

if they don't reveal anything more today, it probably is and that the Contrast paints are one of those two-week preorders that GW does sometimes on bigger releases

1 minute ago, novakai said:

if they don't reveal anything more today, it probably is and that the Contrast paints are one of those two-week preorders that GW does sometimes on bigger releases

No no look at the dates it’s just a one week preorder and those usually create an empty period between them not before them

Each time I'm reading Everchosen on the comunity site, I'm super excited to see an article about the (so called) upcoming battletome for StD/Everchosen and immediatly fall deep into disapointment because it is something else (paint challenge). (my army is waiting for age) Why did they choose such a bad name? Why GW? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/26/everchosen-the-global-warhammer-painting-competition/

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

No no look at the dates it’s just a one week preorder and those usually create an empty period between them not before them

ah yeah that pretty strange, maybe the week is left out so they can fill all the retail stores out first before the general public can get access to them. I believe a few places are doing demo of contrast first before the preorder even starts.

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

ah yeah that pretty strange, maybe the week is left out so they can fill all the retail stores out first before the general public can get access to them. I believe a few places are doing demo of contrast first before the preorder even starts.

Yeah there must be some sort of explanation - it’s Just really weird because surely this is not something that takes up a production slot at the same factory as the minis (and I really hope a few things go up on preorder soon ;) )

1 minute ago, Dawnmane said:

Yeah there must be some sort of explanation - it’s Just really weird because surely this is not something that takes up a production slot at the same factory as the minis (and I really hope a few things go up on preorder soon ;) )

Maybe they’re using it to get an extra week to produce something big? The Warhammer combat arena 40k thing?

Well, I didn´t tought so, but finaly I can contribute some real rumour stuff! I was talking to some of my local gw staff and they told me that there has to be some big release coming in June/July as there were some internal rulings which in general only apply before some really big releases like new edition releases. I do not know what this means exactly, maybe something holliday related or how many staff members are supposed to work at given times. The Staff-guys I talked to actually don´t have a clue what it is supposed to be. It could be something completly out of the blue, but also maybe "just" precaution to the Contrast Paint Release.

I tought a bit about what it may be and most propably we will get another Xpac for AoS as Forbidden Power was just a Tease and a two part campaign like the vigilius one is pretty likely. Another, althrough Tinfoilhat-based, theory, is that the Soul Wars may End quite soon or at least get a new major player in it. The absence of chaos is a nice thing to give Nagash and Death some stage time, but with Warcry and the Warqueen as Harbringer we also know that Chaos will take back it´s major role soon. Maybe really soon.

Well, it could also be just a 40k release.

• Like 1

Yes, they have an internal seminar.

But it's not uncommon, every year they have 1 or 2 of these.

Sales techniques, objectives to meet... etc etc.

Hopefully they will show them to play some game that is near to come out ( apocalipsis or warcry for example)

They may also show them something else, but surely we will see it this Friday.

Edited by zamerion

Somewhat excited by this!

23 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

I guess it is an american thing to spell Colour, Color

Have to agree with this one.  Colour without the U (which isn't really pronounced) is an American spelling (in the same way as using Z instead of a S tends to be the Americanisation)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

Well, I didn´t tought so, but finaly I can contribute some real rumour stuff! I was talking to some of my local gw staff and they told me that there has to be some big release coming in June/July as there were some internal rulings which in general only apply before some really big releases like new edition releases. 

Big thing in June is contrast and big thing in July is Warcry. Both have been marketed heavily.