The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Based on the Nagash artwork the skeletal tails may well be the tendril adornments to the Throne of Nagash, would be a little weird if both the existing death terrain pieces were thrones but they do bear a striking resemblance.

It's the LoN terrain piece! The Throne of Nagash, so he can sit down and rest during the battle.

Edited by Platypus

41 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

I thought of that, but we should also think in terms of archétypes. I am expecting at least a wizard warband and a long range one. The 3rd one I don't know, à warband inflictingvdamage to themselves to push their damage output to 11?

Wizards could be either illusion manipulation of Ulgu or bright magic from Hysh, although Ulgu would fare better as assassin oriented. Truth is we don’t know much about Hysh as it stands...

Immolating warband I’m not sure but with a Death theme you can play a lot, from calling the souls of your ancestors to aid you in battle to bravery based mechanics since we don’t know how the game will be played...

Azyr, Aqshy, Ulgu, Shyish, and Hysh are not represented. I doubt we will get Azyr, although I would love it if they made la corrupt civilization themed warband from Azyr.  I'm also inclined to think we won't be getting Hysh. This would put the remaining three bands as being from Aqshy, Ulgu, and Shyish.

Edited by CitizenX
  • Like 1

Wasn't there a pretty extensive rumour about what Warcry was going to be a while ago that seemed to be right and said there would be no magic in the base game? I think that probably sounds right and then we'll get a kill team style expansion to add magic

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

Wasn't there a pretty extensive rumour about what Warcry was going to be a while ago that seemed to be right and said there would be no magic in the base game? I think that probably sounds right and then we'll get a kill team style expansion to add magic

honestly I would be wondering about marks of chaos more than magic.

3 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

Yes, sure, but: 8 mortal realms, excluding Azyr, still make 7 mortal realms for 6 chaos warbands.

Did I miss some information on the realms the chaos warbands are coming from ?

Not that we know..

Also, I would have said that Ghyran, Aqshy and Ghur were the most eligible Realms NOT to have a gang, because at the end of the Realmgates Wars their three All-Gates were closed  (well, one just left, but yeah). But we already have Ghur and Ghyran related war bands, so...

Maybe Hysh - even if it's infested by Slaanesh and surely Tzeentch too - won't get a gang, to tie in with the Light Aelves new narrative arc ?

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Maybe Hysh - even if it's infested by Slaanesh and surely Tzeentch too - won't get a gang, to tie in with the Light Aelves new narrative arc ?

I mean, there are tribes of Gloomspite Gitz living in Hysh, so certainly we could see some barbarian tribes living on the fringes

Edited by mikethefish

Personally, I think they might have one tribe hailing from both Hysh and Ulgu, as it would play well with the duality of those two Realms.

But if they entirely leave one out I think it'll be Hysh. Though according to the 2nd edition rulebook that Realm is actually pretty badly corrupted and thus should have a warband, it is also the Realm GW has been most reluctant to show, propably saving it up for something major, so it stands to reason they'd play it close to the chest this time as well.

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Also, I would have said that Ghyran, Aqshy and Ghur were the most eligible Realms NOT to have a gang, because at the end of the Realmgates Wars their three All-Gates were closed  (well, one just left, but yeah).

I believe that this game is set before the Storm of Sigmar, so at the point that Warcry happens the gates are still open.

2 hours ago, ElectricPaladin said:

I believe that this game is set before the Storm of Sigmar, so at the point that Warcry happens the gates are still open.

What makes you believe that (I mean something from the seminar for example ?) 

I wouldn't mind at all a game set in the Age Of Chaos, but seing that it's called "Warhammer Age Of Sigmar : Warcry", that'd be strange.

Also, with all the other non Chaos warbands available, including a clearly Azyrite faction (Stormcast or Devoted), I don't see how the game could be set during the time the Gates of Azyr were closed. Or the Idoneth hidden. 

I think the game will reflect the general Path to Glory Chaos way of life, and the fact Archaon is assembling an army to strike back at Nagash and Sigmar. 

2 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

What makes you believe that (I mean something from the seminar for example ?) 

I think I remember reading something to that effect when the game was announced. Something about Archaon calling on the mightiest Chaos tribes to send their best to Allpoints for a grand tournament so he could recruit the best for his Varanguard.

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I wouldn't mind at all a game set in the Age Of Chaos, but seing that it's called "Warhammer Age Of Sigmar : Warcry", that'd be strange.

I strongly suspect that they'd call it Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Whatever anyway for branding purposes even if it was technically set before the Age of Sigmar began.

2 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

I think I remember reading something to that effect when the game was announced. Something about Archaon calling on the mightiest Chaos tribes to send their best to Allpoints for a grand tournament so he could recruit the best for his Varanguard.

I strongly suspect that they'd call it Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Whatever anyway for branding purposes even if it was technically set before the Age of Sigmar began.

Well and for the other factions' participation, then ?

Also the Varanguard recruitment is an ongoing procedure, nothing that links it to a particular Age. It's the chaos way of life.

• Like 2

To be fair there’s so many realmgates today that travelling to the Allpoint may not be too hard... and the necroquake could have opened new ways to reach the allpoint, maybe one way only to avoid Chaos invading from there. There’s already few one way realmgates in the lore.

• Like 1