The Rumour Thread

44 minutes ago, Kugane said:

Anyone know if Warcry will have a Skaven release as well? I thought I saw something that slightly represents a horned rat, but wasn't sure if its just an icon for another "warband"

We only know about 3 warbands at this point, but we can guess at the other ones from the icons that have been revealed. All the chaos warband are likely to be some variation of humanoid barbarians, and none of the 8 other icons look like Skaven, but there's still a 9th icon that hasn't been shown yet.

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-WarcryWarbands22k

• Like 1

It never occurred to me that one of the warbands could be Skaven. We’ve got Ogors, Duardin and Aelves in the revealed warbands so far, so Skaven members don’t seem too far-fetched. Tend to think Minis by Night is correct though and that they’ll be humanoid. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long to find out more.

4 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

We only know about 3 warbands at this point, but we can guess at the other ones from the icons that have been revealed. All the chaos warband are likely to be some variation of humanoid barbarians, and none of the 8 other icons look like Skaven, but there's still a 9th icon that hasn't been shown yet.

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-WarcryWarbands22k

However, they did say that it was 9 non-chaos warbands so that would technically exclude Skaven since they are a Chaos army

I saw a piece of artwork that had a ghostly Be'lakor in it with Alarielle's Heart gem on his forward making a crown like Archaon, does anyone know where that art piece is from/ If there's a high res version out there?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SaJeel said:

I saw a piece of artwork that had a ghostly Be'lakor in it with Alarielle's Heart gem on his forward making a crown like Archaon, does anyone know where that art piece is from/ If there's a high res version out there?

Ahem... WHAT `

Where did you saw that ? Did you save the non-high res version of the pic ? 😍

And what was the art style ? Official, modern GW ? Old WFB stuff ? Fan art ?

Edited by HorticulusTGA

9 hours ago, Kugane said:

Thank you^^ and indeed! :) I think the hexwraith gloom paints and such recently are very close to contrast paints.
I personally am really looking forward to mixing in random paints into this contrast range to see if its possible to make the gradient even stronger. I also think the mechanics + drybrushing the contrast paint undercoat will likely make all the edges even more defined. Lets hope its out next week haha.

The two nighthaunt paints were practise attempts at the new contrast range.  It has a different base acrylic medium with more flow than the normal one.  What this means is if you add in one of the existing range (with the regular base acrylic medium) you'll stop the contrast medium flowing in the same say (in essence just making a very strong wash).  The way you'd increase the gradient would be to add in more of the contrast medium - so making it more transparent so more of the undercoat colour shows through.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Ahem... WHAT `

Same reaction ... Cause that could be our guy.

Remember the guy we're trying to identify on the background of the confrontation artwork, seems to have either a 3rd eye or a crown !

33 minutes ago, Saiken said:

Same reaction ... Cause that could be our guy.

Remember the guy we're trying to identify on the background of the confrontation artwork, seems to have either a 3rd eye or a crown !

Its the piece with Oly and Prime, the Big guy between them, Figured that's is Be'lakourUntitled2.png.a660f47b54e5d94b72f87cbfb10d3990.png

His ultimate failure revolved around the Lady of The Lake

bel.png.55385bd3194f5a5a6654ec7087642c41.pngUntitled.png.0769330850741ec269205dd402b82ecd.png

The Skull like features, and super high cheek bones match incredibly well
The crown 3rd Eye sorta made sense, but then we releasied its not an Eye, it looks sorta like a heart

Those of you who remember the Endtimes 

*END TIMES SPOILER*

He was bound in chains of Light, And Nagash was going to have fun tearing him apart and putting him back together for all eternity. The Deamon was imprisoned in The jewel of Alarielle

Untitled.png.0769330850741ec269205dd402b82ecd.pngAlar.png.43f2a4b7a30635fb8ec7efbc81133954.png

Its a fitting punishment, He wanted the 3 eyed crown so badly and now instead he is crowned with his cage, his ultimate failure
Thats what we came up with. The Only hole I found was the reference of Nagash and an "Old Friend" Im not sure where this is said but I know ive read it somewhere, And I dont recall Bel and Naggy being allies at any point,

EDIT*Also the hand looks daemony*

Edited by SaJeel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Ahem... WHAT `

Maybe End of Times artwork?

10 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

That's Nagash sitting on a throne, this image is from the Nighthaunt battletome and depicts Lady Orlynder's procession answering Nagash's call to arms. The model for Nagash has the bone tendrils too, that rumour engine is something new probably related to the new Death faction or a Warcry warband from Shyish.

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

That's Nagash sitting on a throne. The model has the bone tendrils too, that rumour engine is something new probably related to the new Death faction or a Warcry warband from Shyish.

Ah thx for clarification.
The dudes in the front looks a bit IDKish to me 🤨

13 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

Ah thx for clarification.
The dudes in the front looks a bit IDKish to me 🤨

No problem. The dudes at the front are probably vampires or necromancers of some sort, most likely members of Nagash's court, bodyguards or other petitioners waiting to address the Undying King. It's a very cool piece imo, though I don't think it really hints at anything to do with the upcoming Death faction unless it's Soulblight since the balconies seem to be full of them and there's a couple of what I assume are terrorgheists to the side of the throne. But it's so early and the rumour engine pictures have been so vague that it could really be any of the current undead factions without a tome of their own.

37 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

There are a lot of bone-like things in the rumour engines at the moment. My guess is Warcry warband from Shyish as so far each has been from a different realm. I also think that a new Death faction is plausible but seems just too good to be true.

Assuming they all come from a different realm and Azyr is the only one excluded, there’s another realm missing...

So, so far, we had Chamon (gate icon), Ghur (Ram head), Ghyran (snake).

This leaves the top right corner skull, the eye and the Mask/something in a circle???

I bet respectively Shyish, Hysh and Ulgu, leaving out Aqshy... sounds weird but that’s what I would bet on

3 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Assuming they all come from a different realm and Azyr is the only one excluded, there’s another realm missing...

So, so far, we had Chamon (gate icon), Ghur (Ram head), Ghyran (snake).

This leaves the top right corner skull, the eye and the Mask/something in a circle???

I bet respectively Shyish, Hysh and Ulgu, leaving out Aqshy... sounds weird but that’s what I would bet on

I thought of that, but we should also think in terms of archétypes. I am expecting at least a wizard warband and a long range one. The 3rd one I don't know, à warband inflictingvdamage to themselves to push their damage output to 11?