The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

What do they say ?

I don't have time to listen to 1h today

Nothing news worthy that I heard.  A very interesting discussion on miniature design, specific discussion on how he would convert StD models to Darkoath (which to me is more evidence that Darkoath has been overcome by events) style-wise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a curious thought I've just had, but White Dwarf has changed it's release date to be halfway through a month with the next issue coming out on 21st June (for non subscribers). I wonder what could be up for Pre-Order on 22nd June that is scheduled for a summer release? ;) 

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Just a curious thought I've just had, but White Dwarf has changed it's release date to be halfway through a month with the next issue coming out on 21st June (for non subscribers). I wonder what could be up for Pre-Order on 22nd June that is scheduled for a summer release? ;) 

They don’t cover new releases in the magazine now. They said they’re basically moving it to later in the month so it has more room in peoples schedules, to get it away from big start-of-month releases now it doesn’t need to cover them. 

• Like 1

Hey guys, for the Warhammer community forbidden power articles, has anyone noticed a strange abundance of Ogors? 

Firstly, the Maneaters mercenaries thingy

then all this. 

35841BB5-14D9-4BBF-A6FC-6DED6D8E8607.png.4a570b84f33eaa5e7c67f195a719e370.pngC88F60FE-2250-4F65-A0E9-17F451C51FE2.png.a63721a016c7f2a2b6ee8ddac9a06f21.png

I might be delusional (read: hopeful), but I find it strange that they mentioned ironguts of all things, next to olynder and Cellie-prime. Possibly Ogors for destruction, in a Skaven style book? 

As far as Lake Lethis is concerned, i feel it’s gonna be used to launch a completely new non-Order faction, likely death, since Chaos is probably gonna be just Darkoath/Slaves to Darkness. Especially with regards to the creepy bone tentacles we saw last time on rumor engime

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Hey guys, for the Warhammer community forbidden power articles, has anyone noticed a strange abundance of Ogors? 

Firstly, the Maneaters mercenaries thingy

then all this. 

I might be delusional (read: hopeful), but I find it strange that they mentioned ironguts of all things, next to olynder and Cellie-prime. Possibly Ogors for destruction, in a Skaven style book?

I'm pretty sure it was reported from warhammer fest that there is at least 1 more destruction battletome due this year. I had noticed a couple of the ogre references but hadn't put them all together like that. A Skaven or gits style ogre book would make sense, but there isn't the diversity of either of those factions with the existing ranges

Also now slaanesh is out they obviously need more depravity points! 

12 minutes ago, Kelsicle said:

New rumour engine! Surely seraphon?

RumourEngine-May21-Content2ujcs.jpg

Looking at the existing Seraphon range it's a little peculiar. The current range has hardly that "rig" between upper and lower <side>, usually it does shade from scaly to a more stretched "skin".

The lower part is more like a snake belly or matybe a dragon belly or tail (if you look at the old sorceress on black dragon and compare her to a carnosaur it's quite obvious.)

99120212005_SorceressBlackDragonNEW01.jp

99120208017_OldBloodOnCarnosaur08.jpg

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Dr Ben said:

I'm pretty sure it was reported from warhammer fest that there is at least 1 more destruction battletome due this year. I had noticed a couple of the ogre references but hadn't put them all together like that. A Skaven or gits style ogre book would make sense, but there isn't the diversity of either of those factions with the existing ranges

Also now slaanesh is out they obviously need more depravity points! 

I think Gutbusters will get some plastic hero kits, it's something they badly need (Literally 100% of their hero options and all Maneaters are fincast) and they've been teasing Ogors a long time to just roll out a book and endless spells, IMO.

34 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Looking at the existing Seraphon range it's a little peculiar. The current range has hardly that "rig" between upper and lower <side>, usually it does shade from scaly to a more stretched "skin".

The lower part is more like a snake belly or matybe a dragon belly or tail (if you look at the old sorceress on black dragon and compare her to a carnosaur it's quite obvious.)

99120212005_SorceressBlackDragonNEW01.jp

99120208017_OldBloodOnCarnosaur08.jpg

Yes, as someone who has recently painted a lot of Seraphon, none of their current models have that snake or dragon like ribbing under the tail.

It doesn't rule out Seraphon, (could be a snake endless spell, or Sotek thing, or redesigned Kroxigors) but it could just as easily be a dragon type monster. 

A new dragon model for Hysh Aelves would be interesting. The existing plastic kit isn't terrible, but not really up to AoS centerpiece standards, either.