The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

Contoured pistol grip, ejection port and a belt feed of bolt shells. It's 40K, I believe someone is having a little with this emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so. A link to the rumour engine page was posted on the AoS Facebook group though, which makes me a little nervous.

My first thought was 40k, which it seems that I'm not on my own about.  We've not had "bullets" for any of the races (they all use shot) and can't see them verging into that territory without breaking the high fantasy theme.  Bearing in mind we know 40k is going large this year I fully expect this to be something for that - @shinros good call on Cypher

Yeah, that's some sort of stub/bolt pistol. Nothing in AoS has developed to the point of bullets, but would have them hanging in a link from the magazine port like that. It's very reminiscent of Chaos Space Marine 40K bolters in that regard, but more archaic. May be that we're seeing a Wrath of Magnus style campaign book for another Chaos God, with updated models. 

chaos_space_marine_boltpistol_3_2007_lar

• Like 1

This is a quote from the city of secrets book:

He buckled on his breastplate and tucked his pistol into the shoulder holster beneath his long overcoat. The black powder weapon would have to be kept dry. A lowly corporal could never afford one of those fancy duardin-made wheel-lock guns that kept out moisture –his sidearm was usually a trusty piece, but a sniff of rainwater and he might as well be wielding a loaf of bread.

I think it could be a duardin  pistol, based on the above quote.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Lord_ squeak said:

This is a quote from the city of secrets book:

He buckled on his breastplate and tucked his pistol into the shoulder holster beneath his long overcoat. The black powder weapon would have to be kept dry. A lowly corporal could never afford one of those fancy duardin-made wheel-lock guns that kept out moisture –his sidearm was usually a trusty piece, but a sniff of rainwater and he might as well be wielding a loaf of bread.

I think it could be a duardin  pistol, based on the above quote.

103296.jpg

That's a wheel-lock.

• Like 5