The Rumour Thread

Actually Stormcast took multiple waves to come out. 

In fact most armies require multiple waves to get up to full size - armies ilke Flesh-Eaters and Daughters of Khaine are just operating with really small niche armies. This works better in AoS than in 40K because AoS has fewer divisions of units with less barriers between them. In 40K you've got air, super heavies, troops, heavy armour, anti armour, artillery, heroes etc.... several of which have very set profiles that require specific counters or are hard for generalists to take down. 

AoS doesn't have the same breakdown of divisions so an army with all troops can still take on behemoths. 

Aelf wise its sounding like GW's plan has shifted a bit and a unitied Aelven army is something that will likely happen. Which makes a lot of sense, it tidies up a lot of listings and gives them a big functional army in one go. Now alongside that they've all but promised us (in lore) light and dark aelves - Malarion's army has been referenced a fair bit and I think his force is certain to come and likely to come first; the light Aelves we've heard so little of that GW can likely change their plans significantly if they want. They might keep them as their own army; or they could roll them in as jsut a few new models in the Aelven Alliance. They might even split the Aelves into light and dark forces along the old army lines too (which would make some sense with the likely result that Wanderers unit with the light side). 

However there are loads of possibilities we just have to wait for GW to settle. 

The lore is no protection nor certain fact though. GW can reference armies and forces in the lore for decades and never release them as armies. Similarly they can change or advance the lore on set factions to change their design to suit production. This has already happened several times when you consider forces like the Skaven clearly going from an original approach of a Battletome per grand clan into a singular release. 

Just now, madmac said:

I never said anything about huge, or soon. My guess is Teclis with a bare minimum of new models and Tyrion years down the road with a proper army release.

The only thing huge right now is the big pile of basically unsupported models that is the Aelf section in the webstore, GW has said they plan to support all factions by 2020, and that necessitates doing something to solve the Aelf problem.

Exactly - and my point is that this is not how GW operates.

Huge or not, their usual M.O. is to release armies when they are good and ready to do so.  It is unlikely in the extreme that a Tyrion/Teclis split would facilitate a two-wave release strategy.

8 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

You get that I made specific mention of this? That Stormcast are the exception to the rule.

Not really thoguh they are just a standard army. The only difference is that they got their waves close together. Armies like Necrons and Dark Eldar waited years for their major second waves. Tyranids have had multiple waves over the years. 

Older armies can sometimes take longer because new methods and approaches meant new waves got eaten up re-releasing new sculpts of older models. Esp when GW shifted from heavy metal to plastic use in their models. 

Also don't forget that at present armies are being updated way faster than before; so part of the reason armies like Idoneth, Fyreslayres etc.. aren't getting huge second waves is because GW has only limited production capacity. 

I always think that having realistic price expectations is the best way of surviving as a GW player without getting stressed. The ferretonic furnace is a 40k scenery piece which contains 2 sprues for £30. The shattered temple contains two sprues plus the big tile for £27.50. I not saying it is not expensive but it is very much in line with gw's previous releases. 

As for forbidden Power,  it is usually £20 for three endless spells. Forbidden Power has 4. The scenery piece is a bit bigger than the channel throne which costs £22.50.  That leaves £12.50 for the book and tokens. 

Again. I am not saying that these prices are not expensive, merely that they are very much line with previous GW products.

There are a couple if things worth thinking about for the price conscious.

The malign sorcery book is currently available digitally through the app for £20.  I am sure they will do the same for this book. 

GW has repeatedly said that the warcry release will be treated in a similar fashion to the Killteam release. One feature of that release was Killteam boards and a bunch of terrain sold at a discounted price. Some of this scenery is ideally suited to that kind of treatment. If you don't have an immediate need for the new scenery,  it may be worth waiting to see how that release shapes up before spending your money. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

Exactly - and my point is that this is not how GW operates.

Huge or not, their usual M.O. is to release armies when they are good and ready to do so.  It is unlikely in the extreme that a Tyrion/Teclis split would facilitate a two-wave release strategy.

Eh, Sigmar is a young game, and so wave two army releases haven't happened yet for most armies yet, but they will. Do you really think no released armies other than Stormcast will never get a second wave of model releases down the road to go with a new armybook? Not ever?

I mean, I could be wrong, I'm not married to the idea of split High Aelf releases, it's just the only explanation I see for all the recent hints to be pointing towards Teclis taking action before his brother.

• Thanks 1

The Idoneth Deepkin were Teclis' attempt to create a new race from his portion of the Aelven souls rescued from Slaanesh, whom he has rejected.   The Light Aelves to come ought then to be Tyrion's version.  Any talk of Teclis gathering an army would seem to me to suggest a gathering of those of the Elder Aelven factions willing to heed his call.  The Pheonix Guard are meant to be based in Hysh, I think, and possibly the Eldritch Council and Swifthawk Agents have a presence there.  I'd agree that It does seem to point towards separate releases.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

I always think that having realistic price expectations is the best way of surviving as a GW player without getting stressed. The ferretonic furnace is a 40k scenery piece which contains 2 sprues for £30. The shattered temple contains two sprues plus the big tile for £27.50. I not saying it is not expensive but it is very much in line with gw's previous releases. 

As for forbidden Power,  it is usually £20 for three endless spells. Forbidden Power has 4. The scenery piece is a bit bigger than the channel throne which costs £22.50.  That leaves £12.50 for the book and tokens. 

Again. I am not saying that these prices are not expensive, merely that they are very much line with previous GW products.

There are a couple if things worth thinking about for the price conscious.

The malign sorcery book is currently available digitally through the app for £20.  I am sure they will do the same for this book. 

GW has repeatedly said that the warcry release will be treated in a similar fashion to the Killteam release. One feature of that release was Killteam boards and a bunch of terrain sold at a discounted price. Some of this scenery is ideally suited to that kind of treatment. If you don't have an immediate need for the new scenery,  it may be worth waiting to see how that release shapes up before spending your money. 

Just want to note that the “scenery” that comes with forbidden power is an object no bigger than an endless spell and has similar gameplay function to an endless spell.  Forbidden power is 55 pounds for 4 endless spells plus 1 spell-like object.  Malign Sorcery was 13 endless spells for 45 pounds, including big spells like the purple sun... Of course they are going to set us up for disappointment in comparison.

As for the enduring stormvault, my biggest issue is that they are using repetitive basic design with the same statue copy-pasted from the other terrain and still charging a premium.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SleeperAgent said:

That Shattered Dominion pre-order is a joke right? If you buy the kits seperately it amounts to $350. You're telling me 6 flat tiles are worth almost $300?

Those 6 tiles are literally the Realm of Battle board, it is actually a savings then.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Shattered-Dominion

Those are sturdy, plastic tiles with sculpted in detail. They are expensive, maybe too much so depending on who you are, but they are sturdy, gorgeous, and fit perfectly to lay out a full 6x4 table, or less as you please. 6 2x2 tiles. Solid product, so no joke. 

5 hours ago, madmac said:

GW has said they plan to support all factions by 2020, and that necessitates doing something to solve the Aelf problem.

Get rid of them. No more Aelf problem.

Tomb Kings and Bretts got the axe, why not Aelfs too?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

14 minutes ago, 123lac said:

*Shrug*

I don't own any Aelves except Deepkin, so it won't do anything to me. They won't though, aside from maybe some specific models, and you know that.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, 123lac said:

Well, the Aelven Range or at least what’s left of it, is almost entirely made out of plastic, and that’s not all, the units even look fantastic!

Discontinuing then would be a waste of money, better of making one or more battletome/s (mixed aelves, Teclis/Tyrion/Malerion aelve battletomes etc.).

Give them a terrain piece and some endless spells (and rule updates in a book), and boom, money is raining, and less players and armies to worry about.

• LOVE IT! 2

+++ MOD HAT +++

Morning folks.  Appreciate costing of things is something that we're all passionate about, but it probably doesn't require as much discussion as it's received over the past few pages.  As with many things in life, if you personally don't think something is worth the money, you're under no obligation to buy it!

Well, back to rumours then I guess? This is actually really hard as we don´t have any~

Spoiler

What do you all think about the current shipping delay of the Sylvaneth? I can easily imagine that Chinese/US Trade War got theit shipment stuck for the US Market. As releasing in the rest of the world earlier would lead to bad PR in the US and also "force" US customers to buy overseas to get their models and books earlier that would lead to loss in income as other shops would gain priority over the US market for this release.

I could imagine that GW wanted to show us a new AoS Faction on the Warhammer Fest but that management decided to stop that announcement as the current release pipeline is already stuck and they don´t know how long it may last. On the other hand it could be also possible that Sylvaneth were supposed to be the last faction before a Tome-Release-Break for the FP Expansion.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

Not really a rumor, but does anyone know a UK shop that ships to the US? I keep seeing their prices after conversion and it's much cheaper. (sorry to post it here, didnt wanna start a thread for it)

GW policy forbids UK stores from sending their products to the US. You can find UK shops that ship most products to the US, but not GW products.

You might find sellers on ebay.co.uk that ship to the US and keep the UK prices.

Hi everyone is it just me or a lot more scenery popped up in the Azyr app?? I mean there’s also a Garden of Morr that allows everyone to summon zombies?? 

They may always have been there but some do look new to me like the Chapel and the Eternity Stair....

7 hours ago, Aelfric said:

The Idoneth Deepkin were Teclis' attempt to create a new race from his portion of the Aelven souls rescued from Slaanesh, whom he has rejected.   The Light Aelves to come ought then to be Tyrion's version.  Any talk of Teclis gathering an army would seem to me to suggest a gathering of those of the Elder Aelven factions willing to heed his call.  The Pheonix Guard are meant to be based in Hysh, I think, and possibly the Eldritch Council and Swifthawk Agents have a presence there.  I'd agree that It does seem to point towards separate releases.

Personally I think it's more likely that they would have made the "light aelves" together with Teclis giving Tyrion a hand so the mistakes he made with the Idoneth won't be repeated by Tyrion with these new aelves. I also actually do think Teclis will gather some or even all of the scattered aelves to form a new faction, lore wise it makes sense since he originally made the Penumbral Engines to spread knowledge/enlightenment so guiding/leading the remnants of the old elf races does fit with something he would do in my mind.

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

I could imagine that GW wanted to show us a new AoS Faction on the Warhammer Fest but that management decided to stop that announcement as the current release pipeline is already stuck and they don´t know how long it may last.

This is exactly what I think happened, they didn't want a repeat of what's happening with the Sylvaneth so they called it off.

• Like 1

I see two variations if we make real the thing of Teclis coming in a short time. I can see it viable as said by @Dirtnaps if Teclis helps Tyrion to create Celestial Aelves but doesn't count as part of them. You will always can use Teclis as ally if it doesn't costs more than 400p. With this I think:

- GW making the same as Skaven, FEC, Sylvaneth and giving Teclis as a Hero on foot. 

- The same but leaving away some dark aelfs to give to malerion.

The idea of Teclis regrouping free Aelfs to go fight now that Tyrion is not ready is a nice thing. I thought Teclis and Tyrion will come as a huge miniature but who knows... Maybe Teclis comes mounted on something and costs 400p 

6 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

I see two variations if we make real the thing of Teclis coming in a short time. I can see it viable as said by @Dirtnaps if Teclis helps Tyrion to create Celestial Aelves but doesn't count as part of them. You will always can use Teclis as ally if it doesn't costs more than 400p. With this I think:

- GW making the same as Skaven, FEC, Sylvaneth and giving Teclis as a Hero on foot. 

- The same but leaving away some dark aelfs to give to malerion.

The idea of Teclis regrouping free Aelfs to go fight now that Tyrion is not ready is a nice thing. I thought Teclis and Tyrion will come as a huge miniature but who knows... Maybe Teclis comes mounted on something and costs 400p 

Here is my theory:

The Hysh Elf army may be far away from release but GW want to get tomes for everyone as soon as possible.

They release a book now uniting the high elf factions, and in the future release the new Elves for this same "new" faction.

Having a single "light" elves army is easier to support than two.

Yes, the initial idea is better. I see more viable getting battletome, endless and maybe scenery for the aelves with maybe one hero not named on foot. Teclis is for sure going to have a huge miniature like Alarielle and Morathi. 

Well Tyrion and Teclis did have models before. 

Honestly the full gods on the table is a bit odd when one considers how much power they are supposed to have. Morathi isn't so bad as she's only a demigod; but having Nagash on the table? He should be waving a boney finger and the whole enemy force just vanishing to nothing (at least based on lore)

• Like 1

Returning back to the scenery rules I haven’t seen before, the Skullvane Manse gives +1 on the battle round roll off, that’s new isn’t it? A way to predict better how the initiative roll goes? Would be an interesting test for GW to see how players like it or not