The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, madmac said:

rbidden power on hand. I do like the idea of a nautical death faction, though. Goes well with Deepkin and KO being opponents, too.

And dont forget Gutbag scutlers, the destruction pirate goblins!!! 

• LOVE IT! 1

My guesses
Order: Sylvaneth
Chaos: Slaves to Darkness
Death: Soulblight, just needs plastic bloodknights, foot troops and for the "vampire lord" warscroll to be split up into more specialized heroes (mounted for bloodknights, transformed one for vargheists, chalice carrying one as more spell focused, the other 2  infantry)
Destruction: greenskin soup (gitmob, greenskin, ironjawz, bonesplittaz) done skaven style so you either run melee grots/orruks as battleline or stick to one subfaction plus warmachines 

which would fulfill the one new tome per GA promise

as for the "or more" part, my guess would be grotbags, ogres (suneaters and beastclaw would be a nice fire and ice thing), gutbusters being mercs in generals handbook 2019, and fix up the order roster with new aelves being the big January release next year

Edited by TheMuphinMan

5 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

Death: Soulblight

Good guess, but Deathrattle is also a serious possibility. As I wrote above, one of the only characters who Nagash called an ally for any length of time was Krell, who is a wight king. Of course, Vlad is another possibility and could serve as the nucleus of a new Soulblight army.

11 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

Good guess, but Deathrattle is also a serious possibility. As I wrote above, one of the only characters who Nagash called an ally for any length of time was Krell, who is a wight king. Of course, Vlad is another possibility and could serve as the nucleus of a new Soulblight army.

Very unlikely, but it would nice to see finally a mini for Abhorash.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

main reason I see soulblight as a more likely contender than deathrattle is an elite army would benefit more from new allegiance abilities separate from LoN than a horde army like deathrattle that LoN is built around supporting.

• Like 1

These predictions of which armies per grand alliance are forgetting this tidbit from the Las Vegas Open studio preview: 

2019 will see new battletomes for every Grand Alliance! Some brand-new armies will be joining the fray, as well as classic armies updated for the new edition.

At least 1 brand new army, It could be interpreted as multiple, but let's say it's just 1. I would call deathrattle or soulblight a "classic army updated for the new edition", as even though they don't currently have a battletome, they have a keyword, and in 1 case, a start collecting box. Certainly not "New"

So I expect at least a new Teclis faction or a brand new Death faction by the end of the year. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, elfhead said:

The former ally is from the age of myth, so it doesn’t have to be anyone we know. They have been introducing a lot of new characters instead of reviving characters from the old world. 

whoever it is, I think this picture is a teaser of the ally trapped in the lake.

FPUnboxing-May13-Art22ujc.jpg.a33c7413e2f4e8a019f19be19572c734.jpg

the only thing that is notable is that the person has either a third eye or a crown on his head

• Thanks 1

I find it hard to imagine what they could add whole-cloth to Death that would still feel Death-y. And if anyone mentions werewolves, I'm going to eat my own ass, because as cool as a werewolf army might look there is no reason whatsoever outside of 30s horror films to associate werewolves with the dead/undead.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

These predictions of which armies per grand alliance are forgetting this tidbit from the Las Vegas Open studio preview: 

At least 1 brand new army, It could be interpreted as multiple, but let's say it's just 1. I would call deathrattle or soulblight a "classic army updated for the new edition", as even though they don't currently have a battletome, they have a keyword, and in 1 case, a start collecting box. Certainly not "New"

So I expect at least a new Teclis faction or a brand new Death faction by the end of the year. 

For completely new armies, my money would be on Grotbags, the vampire pirates from total warhammer, or Suneaters

Once slaves to darkness comes out, chaos will seem to be more or less rounded out and I think they will do more cleanup of the aelves before adding more into the mix that are completely separate (if the high or dark aelf stragglers got absorbed into the new aelves, then it would be basically an updated high elf or dark elf army rather than a new faction).  This leaves death and destuction as the main groups that need more stuff. The only thing that is out there for death would be the pirates from total warhammer for fleshing out an existing faction (corpse cart and necromancer into a mortals of nagash faction, soulblight, deathrattle,). As for destruction, we have been hearing about grotbags forever and Melcavuk's conversion faction was featured on the community site (https://www.warhammer-community.com/tag/urruks/) so gw might take the idea and make a new faction to contrast the beastclaw ogres ( though this is 95% wishful thinking on my part). 

Edited by TheMuphinMan

The potato has been out and grabbed a shot of warcry. Taken from the book of faces.

Love the spikey terrain and what looks to be a watch tower on the statue head. Still not convinced it will be the game for me, but if thats the terrain from the starter set, then my skirmish table is going to look ace.
60495107_1271869219604024_1395426774162079744_n.jpg.b09a00ef8c1cc62a219776a5c99d408d.jpg

Edited by RexHavoc
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

I find it hard to imagine what they could add whole-cloth to Death that would still feel Death-y. And if anyone mentions werewolves, I'm going to eat my own ass, because as cool as a werewolf army might look there is no reason whatsoever outside of 30s horror films to associate werewolves with the dead/undead.

that and chaos already has dibs on werewolves
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Skin-Wolves

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

I love you @ElectricPaladin (also: good to have you back, haven't see you around here recently)

If I'd acted on instinct and smashed my head into a gaming table when someone suggested werewolves as a future Undead/ Vampire Counts/Death unit to me at some point in the last 20+ years my head would be mostly made out of mdf and flock by now.

Werewolves have existed in Warhammer for years and have nothing to do with Nagash or any of his offshoots. Warhammer weres are an almost consistently Chaos/Norse thing, but would be more likely to turn up in an Empire army than an Undead one. Undead are about necromancy, and being well... dead, and are not the de facto Universal monster movie faction. 😤

Spoiler

Yes, von Carstien vampires can turn into wolves. Turn into wolves, and not get stuck halfway.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

... because as cool as a werewolf army might look there is no reason whatsoever outside of 30s horror films to associate werewolves with the dead/undead.

Well not to be that guy, but there used to a Blood Bowl Necromantic team containing werevolves, teamed up with ghouls, zombies and flesh constructs.

This surely doesn’t prove anything other than in the Warhammer universe werevolves had been hanging out with the dead uns.

Edited by Greasygeek
  • Like 1

Just now, Greasygeek said:

Well not to be that guy, but there used to (a Blood Bowl Necromantic team containing werevolves, teamed up with ghouls, zombies and flesh constructs ).

This surely doesn’t prove anything other than in the Warhammer universe werevolves had been hanging out with the dead uns.

Blood Bowl also features goblins smart enough to construct (working) chainsaws, and a chaos lord who moonlights as an agony uncle.

Spoiler

It's awesome, but a separate canon. :P 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

It's good to be back! I had a terrible year and wasn't doing a lot of gaming. Now I'm still not doing a lot of gaming, but I'm doing more hobbying and talking about gaming, so that's an improvement!

Let's face it, talking about gaming and painting and not actually doing any is most of our hobby anyway. ;):D 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

I love you @ElectricPaladin (also: good to have you back, haven't see you around here recently)

If I'd acted on instinct and smashed my head into a gaming table when someone suggested werewolves as a future Undead/ Vampire Counts/Death unit to me at some point in the last 20+ years my head would be mostly made out of mdf and flock by now.

Werewolves have existed in Warhammer for years and have nothing to do with Nagash or any of his offshoots. Warhammer weres are an almost consistently Chaos/Norse thing, but would be more likely to turn up in an Empire army than an Undead one. Undead are about necromancy, and being well... dead, and are not the de facto Universal monster movie faction. 😤

Hide contents

Yes, von Carstien vampires can turn into wolves. Turn into wolves, and not get stuck halfway.

In 3rd ed, Wood Elves had a shapechanger unit that could turn into either a Giant Wolf, a boar or a bear.  You could take a minimum of one and hide it inside another unit.  I would love this to be brought back into Wanderers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

And my wife and I are now trying to have kids, so it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Congrats mate! 

Well having my first son waswhat gotme back to painting again after being off the warhammer needle in 17-20 years or so. 

It turned out that painting and such became my moment of zen between parenting and job.

• Like 3