The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Lot of talk about elves & co. But what's about the StD that we long spoke about for a probable release this summer?

During AoS preview Q&A Studio Team was talking that Archaon wont be sitting back while Nagash is doing his stuff. I think Everchosen/StD/Darkoath BT is for sure coming in 2019 as there are at least 4 more BT coming up each for every GA.

Edited by DantePQ
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Raviv said:

A new article is up at Warhammer-Community about the lore for Forbidden Power

It's great ! Really I was a bit let down with the WHF AOS reveals (even if the whole event was quite good, and the preview was not that bad considering Sylvaneth and Dominion of Sigmar shown the week before) but with the Cubicle7 article about Soulbound and the artworks, the picture of the Warcry board, and now Forbidden Power, rules, fluff, endless spells and scenery and of course MORE artworks about Sigmar's Cities (cf. the Behind the scene video), I'm again a bit too much excited. 

Also from the video and the other rumors, it's clear to me (lol) that the fluff advancing is teasing :

1. Teclis army coming (either Aelf soup or new Light Aelves design) and :

2. a new Death army coming too - between Lethis being next to a lake and the Bone tentacles Rumor engine, it's possible the new Death army will be somewhat nautical ... ?AoSFPLore-May14-Lethis4yks.jpg.dcad4bd990d3da9ffb83ff1af134cc50.jpg

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

You mean one more each, right? Because four each seems unlikely. Death doesn’t even have four factions.

Yes my bad ;) it's 1 for each GA my guess is 

- Soulblight or something new for Death 

- Teclis "soup" light Aelves for Order

- Everchosen/Std/Darkaoth for Chaos 

- Ironjawz Sylvaneth alike release  or Ogros combined for Destro.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DantePQ said:

I think otherwise - with their focus shifting to releasing BT in some kind for all factions it makes  sense to release two Gloomspite-alike armies for Aelves

1) Hysh Aelves - realistically how many kits there are in GW store ? 

- Skycutter(which could go to Free Cities BT) , Pheonix, Dragon 

- Pheonix Guards, White Lions 

- Chariots 

- Dragon Princes

- plastic heroes,mages and Loremaster 

Throw in models for Teclis, Tyrion, (as they are heavy on heroes thanks to plastic kits), 1 cavalery kit with 2 unit entires, 1 elite kit with 2 entries, 1 battleline kit with 2 entires + terrain + endless spells. That would be pretty amazing. 

2) Malerion Aelves 

- 1 kit for Battelines (Shards, Bleaksword, Spears)

- 1 kit for elits (Execs and Black Guards) 

- Dragon, hydra, chariot 

- Cold Ones

- Corsair 

- Assassin, Fleetmaster, Sorceress

Throw in model for Malerion, some kind of big hero/monster kit , 1-2 kits for elites with 2-4 entries, maybe extra battleline kit + terrain + endless spells 

It's win-win for GW :

- they unify all those micro factions (maybe giving them even Allegiance abilities Spiderfang alike) 

- players that already have Aelves will buy new stuff 

- new players will buy older kits which will sell like hot cakes as majority of them is fairly new 

- gives both armies a lot of options and unit entries.  

100% this.

It isnt hardly work do this,they dont need release nothing new,per example a high elf tome with :

heros:

dragonlord kit can have 4 warscrolls:a named hero(the elf with dragon helmet)-a generic hero(the elf with comon helmet)-a named mague(the drakeseer)-and a archmague on dragon.

The phoenyx kit can have 6 warscrolls:unmounted and mounted version or fire and frost,named mounted and unmounted

The prince mounted and banner kit have two warwcrolls also

Archmague box have two warscroll also

Troops:

Dragon lance

White lions

Phoenyx guards

New swordmasters of the box with skavens(but this is hard as the molds are sculped together with skavens)

They dont need release nothing new,thats is almost zero work.

Only relaunch those box with aos theme boxes and oval bases, a battletome and they gonna get more money with them than with the endless stormcast spam( in my group as the 80% players we are waiting for this move of gw to buy high elfs)

I dont get as a company cant think of this move,have almost 0 inversion and the potential to give them many money in return.

Others armys as dispossesed could get this same work

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, prochuvi said:

100% this.

It isnt hardly work do this,they dont need release nothing new,per example a high elf tome with :

heros:

dragonlord kit can have 4 warscrolls:a named hero(the elf with dragon helmet)-a generic hero(the elf with comon helmet)-a named mague(the drakeseer)-and a archmague on dragon.

The phoenyx kit can have 6 warscrolls:unmounted and mounted version or fire and frost,named mounted and unmounted

The prince mounted and banner kit have two warwcrolls also

Archmague box have two warscroll also

Troops:

Dragon lance

White lions 

Phoenyx guards

New swordmasters of the box with skavens(but this is hard as the molds are sculped together with skavens)

They dont need release nothing new,thats is almost zero work.

Only relaunch those box with aos theme boxes and oval bases, a battletome and they gonna get more money with them than with the endless stormcast spam( in my group as the 80% players we are waiting for this move of gw to buy high elfs)

I dont get as a company cant think of this move,have almost 0 inversion and the potential to give them many money in return.

Others armys as dispossesed could get this same work

replace the swordmasters kit with a new duel kit and maybe do one new hero, even if it comes 6 months down the line in a blightwar/looncurse style set. They honestly only need a start collecting set to bundle in a bunch of old models and you have a premade, AoS ready army. Would probably even help bump sales with other older ranges when people see that not all WFB that haven't gotten a battletome yet are not going the way of the dodo. I know GW have said that they are aiming to get battletomes for everything left in the next two years, but until we see them I'd not trust that they were ditching the Empire models or dwarves.

I've been fine with the direction choices of AoS but would still love to see more classic armies come back. The gloomspite shows how they can do both incredible well with just a little bit of narrative tweaking.

12 minutes ago, prochuvi said:

Spireguard would be easier, they had their own separate sprue of 5 released after the starter set, only command options were missing.

I'd expect a dual core infantry set though. And maybe a second one for cavalry, with melee and ranged options [basically silver helms and reavers in function]

The new Forbidden power page sneaks info on the new dead boat endess spell in the set - in the video.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/14/forbidden-power-the-lore/

The boat lets you move units across the table, however when a unit disembarks from being moved it must pay the toll - one model is slain. That might sound steep, but there's a good chance the loss of one model is going to be less than the loss of models to ranged magic and ranged attacks that might have affected the unit on its trip otherwise. So its sounding pretty powerful and versatile! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VascoPinto said:

Kharadron Overlords were specifically mentioned in the article. New battletome upcoming?

Barring some major breakdown in trade with China yes it's coming and will almost certainly land within the next 12 months with a high chance of landing before Christmas. However exactly when it will land is impossible to guess. 

That's basically the same story for Dispossessed, Slaves to Darkness and most other factions. 

It was confirmed at the Fest that there's one more Battletome per GA this year.

What is not confirmed is:

• If it is ONLY one per GA or min per GA.
  • And if the one for Order includes Slvaneth (unless I missed something)... so there may only be three more announcements this year.

My guess:

1. Order - Sylvaneth. If not including Sylvaneth, then Kharadron Overlords
  2. Chaos - Slaves to Darkness, Everchosen, Darkoath soup.
  3. Destruction - Ironjawz
  4. Death - not sure about this one... Death Rattle or Soulblight... 

Undead pirates would put a complete stop on me taking slaves any further than doubles list for the time being.

I hope the order one definitely left isn't sylvaneth so it's something else.

I'd like to hope it's 4 battletomeless faction/s getting updated, rather than yet more newer than seraphon tomes. Wouldn't feel quite so bad plus I like a lot of the tomeless factions. 

• Like 2

I know a few people at the conference have said it was at least one per GA, not total. Besides I don't see them realistically hitting their target of supporting all factions by 2020 if they only do four more battletomes including Sylvaneth this year.

That said, I think there's some clear standouts for most likely:

Chaos: Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen/Darkoath. It's in the lore, (including the focus of a number of recent books) it's in Warcry, it's one of the heralds, it's definitely coming.

Order: After Sylvaneth, I think Teclis and his Aelves. He's part of forbidden power, the Slaanesh book teases light Aelves pretty heavily and depicts Teclis as more active/concerned than Tyrion and Malerion, the teased Shadespire mini looks like it belongs to Hysh Aelves, I think momentum is pointing this way. I would love to see updated BT for KO and Seraphon but nothing really seems to be leading that way at the moment.

Destruction: Gutbusters. Ogres have been the center image for Destruction since the 2.0 core book, which was repeated early this year with the faction symbols, they're going to be added as mercenary options in either Forbidden Power or the Generals Handbook, and they're the one Destruction faction that doesn't have a tome yet. By comparison there really isn't any lore movement or teases with Orruks that I can recall, other than Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz seemingly both having rules for Forbidden Power.

Death: New faction, tied to forbidden power, unclear until we have forbidden power on hand. I do like the idea of a nautical death faction, though. Goes well with Deepkin and KO being opponents, too.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, CitizenX said:

I was under the impression that what was said was "At least one per GA"

Actually on the seminar on saturday they reassured that "There is STILL at LEAST 1 more BT per GA this year".

Multiple sources present in there mentioned this. Vince Venturella mentioned it in his podcast. Since Sylvaneth was suposed to be launched by saturday already, it doesnt count as one of those tomes.

Edited by Thiagoma