The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Eldyra. Easy mistake. Read on to End Times: Khaine.

Reveal hidden contents

It's revealed that she was never made a vampire, but that Nagash being resurrected as an Incarnate had caused her to become the reincarnation of/new elven goddess of death. Eldyra and the von Carstiens only thought she was a vampire long enough for Lileath to turn up and reveal this.

Reveal hidden contents

Grungni's beard I hate elves. 😣

Still means that some of those who would be in the best position to know thought elven vampires entirely possible.

In a White Dwarf they specified that dwarfs are too stubborn to be resurrected as dead except in the rarest occasions. 

On the other hand they did specify that a necromancer can use bones and soups and shape them in whichever form they think it’s more appropriate, hence the Skaven like Glaivewraith Stalkers. So I guess if a necromancer starts thinking about undead fish-men we could have them 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

In a White Dwarf they specified that dwarfs are too stubborn to be resurrected as dead except in the rarest occasions. 

On the other hand they did specify that a necromancer can use bones and soups and shape them in whichever form they think it’s more appropriate, hence the Skaven like Glaivewraith Stalkers. So I guess if a necromancer starts thinking about undead fish-men we could have them 😂😂😂

I thought glaivewraith stalkers were a mix of rider and mount

Flesh-Eater Courts aren't broken anymore if anyone can take them ;)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/13/forbidden-power-unboxedgw-homepage-post-1/

And if two new armies wasn’t enough, Forbidden Power features a new system that allows armies of any Grand Alliance to take Mercenary allies from the Fyreslayers or Flesh-eater Courts – offering you a great excuse to grab a Magmadroth

Edited by Double Misfire
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, madmac said:

Hah, a Grand alliance of Deepkin, KO and Fyreslayers, with some Stormcast support? There's all my painted Order armies right there (Well, KO are WIP, but still)

I may actually be able to play this campaign.

Well give me a destruction army combining greenskinz, Gloomspite, Ironjaws and a Order Army combining, 

Free peoples/arsenal something and Dispossesseds and they have me hooked.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

1 minute ago, madmac said:

Hah, a Grand alliance of Deepkin, KO and Fyreslayers, with some Stormcast support? There's all my painted Order armies right there (Well, KO are WIP, but still)

I may actually be able to play this campaign.

Let's be honest, the deepkin are only there for the souls they will collect.

they're just the One weird kid who is drinking all the punch and eating all the chips as everyone else does the job their supposed to do.

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Unlike Fyreslayers,  I'm not sure how FEC became a mercenary army. Regardless of how powerful they are in the game, it doesn't seem to fit the lore. Did I miss something?

Anything is possible if you are delusional enough

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Unlike Fyreslayers,  I'm not sure how FEC became a mercenary army. Regardless of how powerful they are in the game, it doesn't seem to fit the lore. Did I miss something?

They fight on the promise of feasting with Legions of Nagash so probably the same principal. The leaders are sentient right? So probably negotiate the deals and the knights/ peasants blindly follow.

ALSO NEW LEGION OF NAGASH AWW YEAH!

Or perhaps you’ll field the Legion of Grief – a new Legion of Nagash led by Lady Olynder herself who allow you to combine the terrifying might of the Nighthaunt’s full roster with Bravery-manipulating game mechanics, gravesites and more…

FPUnboxing-May13-LegionGrief20ychs.jpg

According to the unboxing, Forbidden Power introduces the Legion of Grief lead by Olynder as new Legion of Nagash. So we can likely put the idea that a future Legions of Nagash book completely divides LoN and Nighthaunt to rest.

Also the wording is that the new terrain piece is "available to any army", so I might not have been of-base that it is army deployed terrain like the faction specific terrain pieces.

Also interesting to see the Excelsior warpriest in the mix of the Order campaign faction.

2 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

So this fire dwarf and SCE mercenery is for the matched play or just the narrative play for Forbidden Power campaign?

There's a rumour that it's a series of battalions with specific unit combinations and rules

If that's true, it could be easily balanced for Matched Play with proper point costs

Just note the two "armies" in the Forbidden Powers book read like they are rather silly for a single person to build toward; they are really aimed at getting a group of players together pooling parts of their armies to form two big armies for a game. Hence why each one has several factions within it. 

It's neat, but at the same time doesn't really offer much for most two player match-ups and nothing at all for chaos and destruction players; which is a bit odd; you'd tihnk they'd throw two armies in for them at least. But its just an army setup so its nothing huge and its just in the nature of good fun. 

Mercenaries sounds like its lmited to Flesheaters and Fyreslayesr only, I wonder if both were selling taht poorly that GW is pushing them a bit harder than other armies; then again they are two armies with some of the smallest rosters of models. 

I really hope to see the mercenary system expanded with new regiments (not just fyreslayers and FEC, maybe some Ogors, Orruks and Free People too).

I can't wait to see how you can build an army of Lethisian Defenders, and Legion of Grieff sounds awesome.

New scenary for everybody seems right for armies without one, but I'm not sure that I want that. New Endless Spells is allways good (btw, I play without preists and wizzards, so it's not something I'm looking for too).

My only question, how many of this things will be relevant for matched play?

My guess is that:

1) The two new "armies" are going to be optional builds for a set map and thus very focused on just the story that goes with the boxed set

2) The new endless spells will enter matched play as standard

3) The new terrain item will enter matched play as normal, but will also double as just bieng used as terrain by players too. 

4) The mercenaries system will wobble around some with some groups using it all the time and others not but I'd err that the matched play scene (at tourney level) will see it more optional/left out than used. That's just my gut feeling on the matter, but it depends how the mercenaries are different to allies; if they are just identical to allies and their restrictions it might enter general use since its only limited to two armies.