The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, armisael said:

The Penumbral Engine looks very ”Stormcast” to me.

Well, I'd say it is Azyrite, like most the terrain, so some parallels are inevitable.

Mostly I think it looks like a retread and redesign of the Numinous Occulum. I wonder what its place in the gameplay and lore is, it must be pretty central to one or the other to come with the box.

Maybe it is an generic "place at the start of the game" piece for armies that don't have one and/or you can replace your faction specific piece with it if you want?

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

I have to agree this kinda should have been told yesterday even if its jumping the gun on the community site - esp since mercenaries is shown t obe in the generals handbook so we actually know nothing of what is in Forbidden powers save for the new spells

That said GREAT NEWS! New stuff coming right now! It's also neat to see if not held up by the trade issue. This possibly suggests that the trade issue has held up one container not all trade containers so it might be that Sylvanath is the only one unlucky to be stuck in limbo. 

Which still makes me wonder what the holdeup was then. The WD (at least in German) outright states it as "last months release" and it has been an unusually long gap from being announced in full and "comming soon" to the actual release.

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

I have to agree this kinda should have been told yesterday even if its jumping the gun on the community site - esp since mercenaries is shown t obe in the generals handbook so we actually know nothing of what is in Forbidden powers save for the new spells

That said GREAT NEWS! New stuff coming right now! It's also neat to see if not held up by the trade issue. This possibly suggests that the trade issue has held up one container not all trade containers so it might be that Sylvanath is the only one unlucky to be stuck in limbo. 

I don't know next week pre-orders are always announced on sunday. Plus we've seen all of forrbidden power already, it's not like it would have been worth having a whole seminar for it. 

They have said it's only sylvanath that were held up in one of the Q&As

I wonder if this release has been brought forward to fill the gap of the battletome being stuck in limbo. I know the terrain was due sometime this month, but I had felt that the new xpac spells were a while off, as they only just started to put out the new short stories this week.

Wonder why they chose not to mention the release yesterday, considering the AoS reviews were already pretty light/lacklustre?

Not 100% I will be picking this one up tbh. I like the bridge and the boatman, but the rest of the spells are rather lacking and almost identical to the terrain from the shadespire pack (which I've already used as nighthaunt scatter terrain). I'd had hoped for a very similar release to the original, which had a nice mixture of different spells but this feels like an afterthought. Tbf, I only want the spells for terrain or for interesting markers for wizard clashes for skirmish but I'm on the fence about this one.

1 minute ago, kor said:

Hope there's a way to get just the forbidden power booklet without the rest of the stuff

Wouldn't that be mostly useless as it would be the rules for spells that come in the box? That being said, always someone that is going to want more spells/models to chop up so probably find the book will end up cheaper on ebay in the next few weeks.

9 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

I wonder if this release has been brought forward to fill the gap of the battletome being stuck in limbo. I know the terrain was due sometime this month, but I had felt that the new xpac spells were a while off, as they only just started to put out the new short stories this week.

I think sylvaneth were suppose to drop with looncurse. Just like skaven and flesh eater dropped with carrion empire. I think they think warcry is a really big deal, and they also think contrast is a really big deal, and they want to focus on those two product. FOr instance i think war cry might take an entire months worth of releases to itself. They've teased it like 3 or 4 times now in big ways. 

Wohooo Forbidden Powers and man will I kitbash the S... out of those ruins to turn them into some nasty shyish death temple stuff. No way that father christ.... eh I mean Sigmar statue is making it here..

Also anyone actually has some kind of idea about what FP actually is gamewise?

Is it a narrative campaign and a bunch of optional narrative rules?

or something more in line with realm rules/ spells. You know something they expect us to add to matched play though many don’t?

Either way really looking forward to this release as its art promisses Lady Olynder lore and hopefully those wicked cool endless spells will make sense for the Nighthaunts to use as our own  pointless spells are weak,  puny and well, pointless.

Oh.. and another question. Has anyone actually seen images of the new sylvaneth trees without leafs/foilage? Many things can be said about the citadel wood but they work pretty nicely as spooky naked trees. From the looks of it I doubt those new ones will work as well.

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

I read you guys speaking about a new death army: what make you think there will be one? Has it been confirmed yet?

There was a casual comment that GW still had " 1 Tome per Grand Alliance to come this year". 

So if that is 100% true then Death needs a new army because all their current armies have Battletomes and they are up to date. Now it could be true, or it might be that whoever said it mixed up the earlier marketing with the current situation. Ergo that there still is 1 tome per grand alliance "except death". 

So its sort of confirmed but also could just be a casual misscommunication by accident. Personally I wouldn't put a huge amount of hope into it; if just because GW hasn't really pushed another Death faction on us anywhere and they've more pushed the two Aelven factions that are yet to come out. Then again no one suspected Idoneth till they came storming onto the land, so surprises are always welcome :)

15 minutes ago, Overread said:

There was a casual comment that GW still had " 1 Tome per Grand Alliance to come this year". 

So if that is 100% true then Death needs a new army because all their current armies have Battletomes and they are up to date. Now it could be true, or it might be that whoever said it mixed up the earlier marketing with the current situation. Ergo that there still is 1 tome per grand alliance "except death". 

So its sort of confirmed but also could just be a casual misscommunication by accident. Personally I wouldn't put a huge amount of hope into it; if just because GW hasn't really pushed another Death faction on us anywhere and they've more pushed the two Aelven factions that are yet to come out. Then again no one suspected Idoneth till they came storming onto the land, so surprises are always welcome :)

It wasn’t a casual comment, it was definitely stated in the seminar that there was still at least one time for each GA to come this year. 

• Like 2

My money is on Soulblight, and Gutbusters. 

There was this visual with the 4 factions, and if I remember correctly there was Fyreslayers, Blades of khorne, and Gitz represented as well as those 2. And guess what they all got a battletome. 

There are too many armies now, I doubt it's a coincidence ;)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Still-young said:

It wasn’t a casual comment, it was definitely stated in the seminar that there was still at least one time for each GA to come this year. 

This is most interesting. What tome would that be? 

Deathrattle? Don’t think so that would take a lot of extra kits and lore to turn Deathrattle into something that LoN can’t do already.

Deadwalkers? Even if they did decide to

dish out a ton of new zombiecreatures won’t deadwalkers just be a bit too similar to FEC?

Soulblight? Well theres not really a lorewise opening for medival vampires at the moment and even if there are, this too would have to an entire new faction. 

Though I have no feelings towards or against tombkings its actually start to make sense to bring back Setra in some TK shadow. But if 2019 is the catch up year for forgotten or weak tomes I really can’t figure which Death faction would need only a book and endless spells.

22 minutes ago, Saiken said:

ectly there was Fyreslayers, Blades of khorne, a

blade of khorne as memory server it was a picture of all 4 chaos gods as each 1/4th a pie slice. 
If you take the picture as your guide it'd be gut busters, stormcast, soulblight, tzneetch and/or nurgle. 

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-NewBattletomes27tceg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

blade of khorne as memory server it was a picture of all 4 chaos gods as each 1/4th a pie slice. 
If you take the picture as your guide it'd be gut busters, stormcast, soulblight, tzneetch and/or nurgle. 

Hey, I never noticed but there are rat teeth and whiskers in the bottom right of the chaos image. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Nurgle and Tzeentch come out with new books. Tzeentch is the prime candidate since half the physical book is useless due to FAQ's/erratas and they're missing endless spells (especially egregious for tzeentch) and scenery. Nurgle is in a good spot balance wise, so it's less likely, but they've got a lot of '6 or more' rules and a bunch of 'within' auras which the devs seem to want to crack down on. 

17 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

It is still hard to know what exactly this logo meant.  I mean, Fyreslayers and Gloomspite speak strongly to the picture being taken literally.  But it is missing Sylvaneth and neither of the things pictured in Death have happened.  I think we would  need another release to figure it out.  If Soulblight or Ogors come soon- I think its pretty obvious at that point.

6 minutes ago, Austin said:

It is still hard to know what exactly this logo meant.  I mean, Fyreslayers and Gloomspite speak strongly to the picture being taken literally.  But it is missing Sylvaneth and neither of the things pictured in Death have happened.  I think we would  need another release to figure it out.  If Soulblight or Ogors come soon- I think its pretty obvious at that point.

I mean we also had a khorne and slannesh release, a tzneetch release would further suppor that as well.  Death hasn't had anything so i mean *shrug*, but we have strong rumbling on soulblight and an icon of what looks like it could be soul blight related in the war cry non chaos image. 

4 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

I mean we also had a khorne and slannesh release, a tzneetch release would further suppor that as well.  Death hasn't had anything so i mean *shrug*, but we have strong rumbling on soulblight and an icon of what looks like it could be soul blight related in the war cry non chaos image. 

Don't get me wrong, I want Soulblight.  The vampires in all the AoS novels have been awesome, and having an army like them would be very cool.  Also, new or improved (i.e. not finecast not ridiculous pricing) Blood Knights?  Yes please.

• Like 1

Well, seeing the picture above and folowing your logic, here is my thought (and hope) for the chaos part:

I see multi god / 4 chaos, all of them. Who can do that? Does it ring a bell to you, some unit that can align all god? (but not necessarily at the same time). What kind of creature, often human like, can do that? hehehehe

My money is on Slave to Darkness/everchosen of course!!!