The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, Aryann said:

No new faction is a disappointment at Warhammer Fest. Wonder if there's any planned for the rest of the year. 

Honestly yeah, I figured now was the time if there was another one in the works.

Probably they were planning to announce Sylvaneth today, but between the leak and the delay had to address it early.  Even that would have been a pretty small announcement though, since it's nothing we haven't known about for weeks.

Also, sprues and brews on Twitter said in the seminar that one more battletome for each GA is coming this year.

So to me, that means no Aelves bc I can't imagine a year with no Stormcast release.

That's interesting...

Death would have to be a new army, not too surprising given recent rumor engines.

Chaos will probably be Darkoath, given the only other real options of Tzeentch or a new army.

Destruction could really really use more than one Tome, but if I had to pick one, I'd say Ogres. Especially with Maneaters being a Mercenary option in the new GHB.

Order, I'm going to disagree and say anything but Stormcast. They've been pretty firm in saying no Stormcast in sight for the last few months.  If they get a new army, I'd say coin flip new Aelves or Free Peoples, if a battletome update, Seraphon.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

Don't forget we've got another preview event in a few weeks. They probably also intended to show off the slyvaneth battletome at this event but it got leaked. Surprised we didn't get another forbidden Power trailer. I wonder if it is stuck in Chinese purgatory along with the Slyvaneth.

That underworlds animal looks like it from a light Aelf faction. I guess we will see a tease of a new army as we did with the gloomspite gits. 

Overall over both aos and 40k there wasn't a ton of new stuff. The only 'new' faction was the chaos Knights. 

If we combine aos and 40k we saw a total of 8 unreleased kits of which we have seen 4 before. That's the same number of kits as the Slaanesh release. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

Sylvaneth would be the Order one, no?

I would hope not, given that puts Order at two updated tomes and no new armies for the entire year.

If we go back to January...

Chaos:  Skaven, Blades of Khorne, Slaanesh, + at least one more. Throw in Warcry and this has really been the year of Chaos.

Destruction: Gits+ 1 more

Death: Flesheater Courts+ New army

Order: Fyreslayers and Sylvaneth only? I just don't see it.

Edited by madmac

Just now, eciu said:

So a big meh ?

Meh beyond my wildest expectations. I expected at least 1 new battletome revealed. Instead not even 1 new AoS model revealed.  Pretty much it was "Hey guys a new GHB is coming, can you believe it?!"  Why yes, yes we can... 

• Haha 4

Right...Middle Earth... Oh. 

I know I hyped this a bit, but the big thing I was looking forward to was just which other Battletomes they are pushing out next... Seems so weird.

I DO like the new Chaos Warband, though getting a look at the Warcry models in a display case makes me more and more worried they are mono-pose models. That MAY just be the starter set, but...well, I was kinda hoping for nothing but modular stuff for this. Customizable warbands are what makes Kill Team so fun, would hate for Warcry to not follow in that line with such an obvious potential to do so...

The lion for Underworlds makes me think of the custom Fire Aelves project I saw around here. Sorry, forgot the user, but there was some great custom Lion Ranger stuff...

I really hope there is more on AoS, otherwhise this is a very lackluster round of previews, particularly for Warhammer Fest, not just on AoS, but altogether. Maybe they thought the contrast paint would be received as a bigger deal than it seems to be?

Except for the Warcry band, everything else has been shown already, at least quite explicitly teased already or barely qualifies as a teaser. I think apart from Warcry we are looking at a pretty thin summer this year, with mostly splash and book releases.

I guess with their own production struggling to keep up and now the plan B of putting out more China produced material being stalled as well it is inevitable. I bet they would have announced another battletome/terrain/Endless Spell release if they could have gotten out Forbidden Power and Sylvaneth.

On to the AoS stuff worth talking about.

I really like the Splintered Fangs. People have been calling them Slaaneshi and they certainly look the part, but no icons and no word on them being monogod, I'll assume they aren't. Just as the Iron Golems look Khornate at first glance but aren't neccessarily.

Wish they had shown more, both miniatures of the warband and an outlook at the gameply, on wich we are still entirely in the dark. Nice to see an aelf in there though, just wish they gave the untamed beasts an actual beastman.

The Underworlds beasty looks neat and like it belongs to a new faction. Aside from that it is really hard to place. The overall look would have me guess aelves of Hyish, but the tail end looks corrupted and the armour bit rather unsophisticated.

Offering up a smaller scale matched play variant is good news for the likes of me who seriously struggle building larger forces, but that doesn't mean it will be widely enough adapted to actually get a pickup game.

Cityfight/ruinfight rules seems geared towards the terrain previewed with warcry. Would have been a great opportunity to show of that terrain, sadly that too, was missed.

8 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

The cat's helmet-tiara-thing looks very reminiscent of DoK Melusai headgear, so I'm leaning that way.

I can't dispute that, but the DoK already have a strong reptile/serpent theme going, hard to see them adding a brightly colored lion.

Hysh Aelves, from how they've been described also I think probably have a strong Greek Aesthetic, and Lion Rangers already bring a kitty connection, so it's not implausible, I don't think. I won't go as far as likely, but it's a thought.

On the other, other hand, that tail though...I dunno. Maybe just there to make it a magic lion instead of a real one.

Edited by madmac

I’m quite happy with the reveals thus far, but there has been a lot of chaos bits and bobs for modeling as opposed to gaming which is my bag, which I can see why people maybe a little let down.

That Larp trailer was quite tastelessly Cheesey I have to say. After the beutiful an8mation trailed they did for things like a Gloomspite and DoK I’m suprised they didn’t do more along those lines, the DoK one 8n particular near gave me goosebumps when she shouted. 

I am surprised too that there was no further Battletome shown; but if Sylvanath is already held up perhaps GW both doesn't want to steal the thunder from that or has other tomes also trapped in the container ships. Could be that they just don't want to end up showing LOADS of stuff that they cannot deliver for an unkonwn period of time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flamingwalnut said:

The lion for Underworlds makes me think of the custom Fire Aelves project I saw around here. Sorry, forgot the user, but there was some great custom Lion Ranger stuff...

Pretty sure that was @Melcavuk.

--

I really love the snake cultist models (that makes two warbands that will be autobuy for me along with the beastie boys), but I was really hoping they'd actually tell us more about how Warcry plays. They still haven't told us ANYTHING about the gameplay except that it's apparently a skirmish game.

• Like 3

Well that is a little bit of a let down. The new models are great, but I'm still not feeling warcry as its own game. It looks to be a good source of minis for skirmish/converters though. I had hoped for a little less kill team and a little more necromunda. I want to like it, as I love narrative/skirmish/warband games over 'full' AoS, but it really does seem like its Chaos Vs Chaos, with them having chucked the other warbands into to please people who want to use other things.

I'd also been hoping for a more 'adventurers on the road' feel for the miniatures, rather than the shadespire sort of looking warbands we seem to be getting. Oh well, that gives me more converting opportunities  anyway.

I really though we would get a sneak peak of a battletome for a summer release, even if it is only one of those annoying pre-trailer trailers that people are so fond of putting out now a days. I suspect there might have been if not for the hold up with the current release. Probably playing it careful.

3 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I’m quite happy with the reveals thus far, but there has been a lot of chaos bits and bobs for modeling as opposed to gaming which is my bag, which I can see why people maybe a little let down.

That Larp trailer was quite tastelessly Cheesey I have to say. After the beutiful an8mation trailed they did for things like a Gloomspite and DoK I’m suprised they didn’t do more along those lines, the DoK one 8n particular near gave me goosebumps when she shouted. 

Yeah, the visuals where rather cringeworthy (and not in the intentional way GWs promo tends to be). I did like the voiceover though.

MAJOR  disapointment on the AoS side, as there is nothing new for pure AoS player like myself. I'm not interested by warcry or underworld.  Nothing about the StD. phhhh

But maybe it is a  good thing for me as a 40K player, collectiong chaos, primaris and admech, I'm super glad to see full new miniatures tanks dual kits (for admech!!!! come on!!!).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

MAJOR  disapointment on the AoS side, as there is nothing new for pure AoS player like myself. I'm not interested by warcry or underworld.  Nothing about the StD. phhhh

But maybe it is a  good thing for me as a 40K player, collectiong chaos, primaris and admech, I'm super glad to see full new miniatures tanks dual kits (for admech!!!! come on!!!).

I feel bad for people that still think STD is coming. I gave up on that after warcry.