The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

One color is called „Guilliman Flesh“

Well, Then I'm sold. I have hated painting flesh since I go in to this hobby. Which is why I've been stuck to my Grots for most of my time. I have a huge DoK army I brought on the grounds I might want to branch out from skirmish only to larger battles or at least have as a show case army but I've been dreading the thought of that much skin.

Just now, Mayple said:

@RexHavoc Alright! That makes sense :)  I'm with you on that train of thought. More centralised content (I don't know what else to call it) is definitely better in the long run, since it gets really confusing to have a whole bunch of different expansion-esque rules from different sources. It's not as bad as DnD used to be, but that would be the worst-case result. 

Yeah, centralised content totally makes sense. I probably didn't express myself clearly- I'm multitasking a lot of things right now and caught up in the hype wave so rushing my posts both for speed and in excitement! haha!

I'm sure even some of the tournament players don't want multiple books either. I've seen complaints that they are having to carry around too many books once again, which is only going to get worse this year with a 2nd book of endless spells and mercenaries  & now points/GHB split.

24 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I have the army painter Quickshade washes set and the new contrast paints are close to those ones, maybe with a little more paint component than shade.

To be tested.

The only drawback is... I have like...I don't know... 50 Citadel paints? Most of them in good shape. Do I really want to buy another 20 or so just for speed? I'm afraid I do. Another expense.

• Like 1

Remember we don't know what's in the two books - it might be that the pitched battle profiles are in both but GW is producing two copies - a bit like how they have the big rule book but also the small rules inserts in the duel army boxes. We'll have to wait and see.

Contrast paint looks REALLY interesting and it will be neat to see how well works in reality. Also for edging I can see it being great for showing the edges and eitehr being left at that, or then letting you come in and paint additional highlights over the top of the most important edges. 

1 minute ago, RexHavoc said:

I'm sure even some of the tournament players don't want multiple books either. I've seen complaints that they are having to carry around too many books once again, which is only going to get worse this year with a 2nd book of endless spells and mercenaries  & now points/GHB split.

I can attest to that. I've worked around the problem in a way by having all my books on the app, but it can still get troublesome if we have to look up a very specific section of wording, and it could be located in either the general's handbook, or the core book, or even the malign portents book. Army books themselves are fine to have, by all means, but three books on the side makes it a real hassle to sort things out quickly :P

1 hour ago, Mayple said:

Wait, I just realised this means I can actually finish my skaven horde. I was hyped mostly because it seemed like a really nice quality thing, but the prospect of -finishing- 80 grey-ish sad models!? Oh boy! 

Hurray no more painting 80clanrats in 4hours.

looks like I’ll finally will be able to finish of my hordes without breaking in sweat

1 hour ago, RexHavoc said:

Looks like there is going to be two books now instead of one GHB.

59853155_2085279981601336_544924366522023936_n.jpg.94344a9cf1733a234bdc735088833395.jpg

Oh good my wallet has grown some legs😱.

• Haha 1

About the two GHB, I habe a wild speculation. I do not wan´t to creaty any wrong expectations, but:

The Point Values is one of the thin Handouts/Pamphlets. I could imagine we can get theese for free at out local GW just like the Rules for 40k or AoS (at least as it was in the last edition). This would let the GHB be not necessary to get the updates, and therefore it would allow GW to put more content in it to make the book of a higher value for players. Also Point Values could be therefore changed in a higher pace than once a year.

The fact, that it would mean higher costs for GW, is the main argument against my crazy theory

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Fest2019-Sat13-HeresyBrute3kuyc.jpg

New Horus Heresy Demons!
I can well see these fitting into some Chaos armies for the Mortal Realms! Remember HH stuff is forgeworld not regular GW so you'll have to jump over to the FW site to get them. They'd make ideal khorn beasties!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

Less than an hour now until the AoS update!

Here is fingers crossed for a surprise to go along with what we know we are likely to see (Forbidden Powers - Warcry - Sylvanath). 

I wonder if we'll see more of Forbidden power. I mean we saw the book, the endless spells AND the scenery. 

GW themselves said it, since the Australian Preview Forbidden Power is already "fully revealed" : 

1394071105_FBFullyRev.png.1465499bef219edce8632ec9f385f7a6.png

3 minutes ago, Swooper said:

Do we know if Contrast paint requires a special primer (the "Wraithbone Contrast Undercoat" spray can shown) or if it will work with regular primer?

They've not given specific details on that. It might be that the new sprays are required or, more likely, that the new sprays might hold some of the same properties as the paints. The full details Im sure will come out in the week leading up to the general release of the new paints and sprays for sale; though I'm sure we'll hear some info form those who went to Warhammerfest and got first hand info.