The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Hm, Seminar at 3PM, so reveal at either 3PM or 4PM, for us on the continent at 5PM.... (they changed the schedule, but weird that Horus Heresy has TWO previews...)

60084680_816167108778269_7519078371842588672_o.png.75d8a201c839cf8b738f39dec900bef4.png

"here’s when you can expect to see news from each preview…"

the schedule hasn't changed.

Personnaly, I am very excited with the contrast line of paint. 

As someone who spends too much time on a mini and fears getting into anything else than very elite ones ... It could be a game changer for me.

Also, I feel like it might also be great to better identify which areas need to be highlighted and which should not. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Saiken said:

As someone who spends too much time on a mini and fears getting into anything else than very elite ones ... It could be a game changer for me.

Also, I feel like it might also be great to better identify which areas need to be highlighted and which should not. 

yeah me too, and the video is quite promising for hordes units !

1 minute ago, Saiken said:

I'm so onboard with this :D I love that it seems to be a sort of basecoat paint that does a fair bit of the shading/highlighting for us, without looking silly in the process. Not only does that save time, but as you say, helps to identify areas to highlight, and makes it a much easier job of painting at a greater quality.

Now I'm sure someone could (and maybe will, eventually) make the point that easier = not as much skill involved, but.. uh, results matter more than the work involved, as far as I'm concerned, so eh! Very excited about contrast :)

• Like 1

Just now, GeneralZero said:

2 books, maybe it is to let them update the profiles in one book and the rules/points in the other (GHB).

That's what I'm thinking as well. Makes sense to separate them if it gives them more freedom to adjust. Especially in context that a lot of people might have been asking for more regular rule/point adjustments in the survey not too long ago. 

Just now, GeneralZero said:

contrast video is up

I trust him. He has a bow tie. Bow ties are cool.

I wasn't too keen on the idea of the paints, one or two as effects seems like a good idea but a whole paint system seemed a bit too much (for my tastes, I've no issue with people that want to paint hordes like it) but that skaven is actually rather good. With a thin coat of agrax over the top, to even out the paint it you could have a horde painted in a week. As a skirmish only play, I'd be almost tempted to to finally paint that horde of skaven I have always wanted but never had the reason or will to do so!  The blue & red are pretty vibrant as well.

I wonder if they are going to a flesh version? I'm already mostly happy with the fleshwash over white look for quick skin.

I don't expect they will, but I hope these are a bit cheaper then 'normal' paints as I can see you blasting through a pot painting a horde, as I guess there is no thinning.

2 minutes ago, Aryann said:

If those contrast paints work as in the video - they are AMAZING. Although I consider myself a good painter I would certainly want them for battleline and horde units.

I have the army painter Quickshade washes set and the new contrast paints are close to those ones, maybe with a little more paint component than shade.

To be tested.

2 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

2 books, maybe it is to let them update the profiles in one book and the rules/points in the other (GHB).

BTW, my waiting skaven will be happy with this new paint line...

Yeah, this was my guess. It's a good idea but not for me.  I'm still happily using my original GHB. Got tired of the never ending chase for balance in their games a long time ago. I just want to roll a few dice and have fun. I Just hope they realised this and don't put a bunch narrative/fun stuff, spread out over two or more books.  I don't want to have to feel like I want to buy another two books for a couple of pages worth of content.

Just now, RexHavoc said:

Yeah, this was my guess. It's a good idea but not for me.  I'm still happily using my original GHB. Got tired of the never ending chase for balance in their games a long time ago. I just want to roll a few dice and have fun. I Just hope they realised this and don't put a bunch narrative/fun stuff, spread out over two or more books.  I don't want to have to feel like I want to buy another two books for a couple of pages worth of content.

Just to clarify: You don't want them to give you a reason to buy their books? Or that you don't want to buy more than one book for your narrative needs? 

Just now, Mayple said:

Just to clarify: You don't want them to give you a reason to buy their books? Or that you don't want to buy more than one book for your narrative needs? 

Oh I want to buy their books. I just don't want to buy two+ books with content spread between them. Say if the GHB has the battleplans for sieges but find out the pitched book has the rules needed to use the battleplans. One GHB book a year is ok, it's not too pricey and I've skipped it when there wasn't anything in there that I really wanted.

In a perfect world, they would put out a GHB for matched/tournaments players and we could get one GHB sized, chunky narrative/campaign book each year. They'd never please anyone though. Someone that likes both narrative & tournaments would then be put out that they had to buy two books!

I just don't want to see them start splitting the GHB content into two books just for that touch more cash. (Though could be that both these come bundled together for the same price as the GHB alone. But it allows them to put out a 2nd pitched battle book or more every year to update things. That I would be ok with)

• Like 1

@RexHavoc Alright! That makes sense :)  I'm with you on that train of thought. More centralised content (I don't know what else to call it) is definitely better in the long run, since it gets really confusing to have a whole bunch of different expansion-esque rules from different sources. It's not as bad as DnD used to be, but that would be the worst-case result. 

Edited by Mayple