The Rumour Thread

I was able to resist the first wave of preorders for Tzeentch, but if I can make a small army with Tzaangors on foot and on discs I may just cave! Also the Tzeentch chariot is out of stock on the UK store, is that being phased out? 

Edited by swiftmus
  • Like 1

Yeah just finished reading the city of secrets novel you can get the ebook version now and lemme say I loved the warhammer world but I think AOS with time and books like these will surpass it. To me the city feels more "real" in a sense even though there is some high fantasy blended in with the grittiness of the city and novel. 

Oh and I will be updated the lore thread with the general story at some point tomorrow. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 7

I have been thinking, as awesome as the new Tzeentch stuff is, I am glad I have made a heavy investment in Slaves to Darkness beforehand and will mostly stick to a Chaos Warrior and Beastman army. That this is still possible is great.

47 minutes ago, shinros said:

Yeah just finished reading the city of secrets novel you can get the ebook version now and lemme say I loved the warhammer world but I think AOS with time and books like these will surpass it. To me the city feels more "real" in a sense even though there is some high fantasy blended in with the grittiness of the city and novel. 

Oh and I will be updated the lore thread with the general story at some point tomorrow. 

I almost ordered it and still might next week when I put in my Tzaangor preorder if more positive testimonials come in.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for updating non readers on the Lore developements. It is appreciated.

45 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I have been thinking, as awesome as the new Tzeentch stuff is, I am glad I have made a heavy investment in Slaves to Darkness beforehand and will mostly stick to a Chaos Warrior and Beastman army. That this is still possible is great.

I almost ordered it and still might next week when I put in my Tzaangor preorder if more positive testimonials come in.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for updating non readers on the Lore developements. It is appreciated.

No problem that's why I do it to help people get an idea of a faction or piece of lore since they may not be able to put down the cash or they want to get an understanding of a potential army before they do it. 

Honestly I am not sure if I will get my hands on the disciple of tzeentch tome considering how fast they were blasted out of stock. 

Where do you find points in the app?

They only show if you've bought the digital copy of the GHB through the App. To see the points you add the Warsrcoll to MY Battle, select My Battle and in the top right hand corner of the screen it say Profiles, tap on this and the Warscroll portraits will change to show the pitched battle profiles (including points)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The book's contents and some battalion info from BoLS:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/01/disciples-of-tzeentch-lets-talk-battalions.html

DOT-toc.jpg

DOT-multitudinous-host.jpg

Aether-eater Host: All Screamers, Discs and Chariots. These units heal themselves by unbinding enemy spells.

Changehost : Identical to the version from Grand Alliance Chaos, Tricksy movement indeed. Moving on…

Overseer’s Fate-twisters: Lord of Change and little daemonic heroes. They expand and allow rerolls from your Destiny Dice pool.

Omnicient Oracles: Fateweaver and 3 LoCs. They really hate “1s” and pretty much re-roll any they don’t like.

The Eternal Conflagration: The first giant “Battalion of Battalions”. Lord of Change can cast magic through Flamers like Warmachine Arcnodes. Enemies suffer penalties to hit Flamers in the Battalion.

The Hosts Duplicitous: The second giant “Battalion of Battalions”. All wizards cast more reliably and know a hilarious spell that targets nearby enemy units and makes them reverse the results of all to-hit and to wound rolls (successes become failures and vice versa)

Hosts Duplicitous sounds like a lot of fun! 

13 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

It did get talked about. Last wednesday.

15965579_10156438221992228_6526662186314

My money is on it being a one off hero or character to be released alongside the next novel. (Which i belive has witch hunter in it??)

If it is it will likely be alligned to devoted of sigmar but i doubt its a sign of a whole new faction.

14 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

My money is on it being a one off hero or character to be released alongside the next novel. (Which i belive has witch hunter in it??)

If it is it will likely be alligned to devoted of sigmar but i doubt its a sign of a whole new faction.

Hmm, I suppose you might be right there. But I'm still curious about the "Order of Azyr" as mentioned on the Weather Report teaser they produced last, week other then the Devoted of Sigmar, who have a more religious angle, I'd see such an Order as men who uphold the laws, sheriffs, marshals, bruisers, witch hunters etc. They'd fit right in.

18 minutes ago, Netrixx said:

Hmm, I suppose you might be right there. But I'm still curious about the "Order of Azyr" as mentioned on the Weather Report teaser they produced last, week other then the Devoted of Sigmar, who have a more religious angle, I'd see such an Order as men who uphold the laws, sheriffs, marshals, bruisers, witch hunters etc. They'd fit right in.

Is it possible that they will rename the devoted of sigmar keyword to "order of sigmar" instead?

I suppose either makes sense. Cant decide whether a like the prospect of another fully functioning faction army or a well made mini faction that can be used alongside future factions.

The latter could be a good solution to some of the other subfactions in AOS that are lacking rather than trying to beef them all out.

If it was a compendium list, I'd see a renaming as an option - but this far into design I don't think it'll happen.
I think if it comes to fruition, Order of Azyr will be along the lines of Ironweld Arsenal - not a full faction, but effectively a mini faction of particular specialty.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Netrixx said:

The order of ayzr is affiliated with the devoted of sigmar according to Nick I also recall the witch hunter in the novel has his own flagellant warband. It's why the witch hunter is a part of the devoted of sigmar army they are not separate. The order of ayzr are witch hunters that's just the more "official" name of their group. 

Check your grand alliance order tome the devoted of sigmar army is made up of warrior priests, witch hunters (order of ayzr), war alter of sigmar and flagellants. In my opinion they are in a similar position to sylvaneth and the rumor image is most likely free guild, stormcast or devoted of sigmar that's what I know for sure. 

There is a reason why the witch hunter in the novel has such huge pull with the church militant because they work together a lot that was the first group he recommend for the issue in the city but for reasons I won't say they are not available right at that moment. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, BlooDeck said:

If they expanded the Devoted of Sigmar, I could see them being renamed as the Order of Azyr so it could encompass a broader range of units.

Problem is that the order of ayzr is a separate organisation made up of witch hunters only according to nick that's the name of the witch hunter order created by sigmar. The name devoted of sigmar encompasses a broader range you can easily tell hey here is an army of sigmarite zealots. The devoted of sigmar I guess is made up of difference organizations working together.  

Edited by shinros

On 1/14/2017 at 8:59 PM, Double Misfire said:

You need to have bought the Generral's Handbook in app and then points will display for units you select for my battle (entirely anecdotal, I've only got the GHB in hardcopy)

hmm I have the GH bought it in the app but all the points are 0?