The Rumour Thread

31 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Yup these are always like this.

Something has happend....

somewhere.....

to someone....

‘Short glimpse of something that could litterally be everything’.

stay tuned...

’fade to black’

And the community puts on their tinfoil hats and goes: “so this dot in the corner during the video must mean that Setra will be back riding a bretonian horse fighting against goblin pirates and chutullu Aelves, there is no way that this is not happening!”.

8 month and five trailers later it turned out to be a new painting handle..

God I love this hobby😉

And then we ****** and moan about how we were all wrong.

• Like 2

As they dropped thge first Forbidden Power Short, I am quite sure we will get more on this topic. I also expect that the hinted 40k stuff, the Chaos Knights and Admech Transports, will be introduced. For AoS I guess the next book(s) after Sylvaneth may be announced.

So far on the List remain:
-Ogors (BCR and Gutbusters + Subfactions. Merge into one maybe? Or several books)
-Savage Orruks
-Ironjaws
-Tzeentch
-StD (Big Release to be expected, althrough the relation to Warcry is unknown)
-Free People / Aelf Tomes (no one knows what to be expected and when, but at gw´s current release politic we can get them either soon or never or anything in between)
-Vanilla Dwarfs
-Kharadrons maybe, too? I don´t know how much 2.0 the current tome is
-Seraphon

We also do not know if, and which, new factions are to be expected. Despite of Aelves, which are rumoured since ages, we do not have any clue what may be a new next faction. If any, as GW seemed a bit underwhelmed by Idoneth Deepkin Sales from what I understood

Don't forget Idoneth were new into AoS 2.0 and the game was still getting its feet under itself. 2.0 box was basically the 1.0 launch of the game - every before is basically an expensive alpah to beta. I think also back then people didn't know where GW was taking AoS properly; I think now everything is much stronger. The fanbase is FAR more active and widespread. 

Also don't forget Idoneth are one of the few more recent factions that was totally new which wasn't the posterchild for the game - so the fanbase for it is totally new. Many of the factions that came after had people who had been gamers for years for part or all of the army. 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 1

KO suck and might not be this year as they need a huge rework and way more than just 3 spells, a hero, and terrain to get them up to 2.0 standards. Their model range is cripplingly focused on only one playstyle  and its terrible at even that shooting.  I'm hoping the KO get a bit more than that like 1 or 2 more models/units + hero/terrain/endless spells  to give them some playstyle options like more mobile or more melee focused builds.  Mere points reductions isn't going to cut it either lol as the models are simply too badly designed from a warscroll perspective. And even if they made them worth the cost I don't want to haul around like 10+ frigates and boats that are super hard to pack as it is. I was always under the impression the KO were kind of a quasi-elite army that had a few super strong things like their boats and then had the rest rank and file. Right now though its more like a horde army and I can need to bring  almost as much horde/infantry stuff than GG lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barkanaut said:

KO suck and might not be this year as they need a huge rework and way more than just 3 spells, a hero, and terrain to get them up to 2.0 standards. Their model range is cripplingly focused on only one playstyle  and its terrible at even that shooting.  I'm hoping the KO get a bit more than that like 1 or 2 more models/units + hero/terrain/endless spells  to give them some playstyle options like more mobile or more melee focused builds.  Mere points reductions isn't going to cut it either lol as the models are simply too badly designed from a warscroll perspective. And even if they made them worth the cost I don't want to haul around like 10+ frigates and boats that are super hard to pack as it is. I was always under the impression the KO were kind of a quasi-elite army that had a few super strong things like their boats and then had the rest rank and file. Right now though its more like a horde army and I can need to bring  almost as much horde/infantry stuff than GG lol. 

I bet you that they could do more with the existing model range than you give them credit for.  I would not at all mind for KO to get a bunch more models, but they managed to make Fyreslayers a lot more interesting without many new kits and most of us figured they would need a fair bit more to really spice that army up.

If they decide to expand the KO range with a book then I would be all for it.  But, I expect that if they take the whole army rules design back to the drawing board that they could do a good rework with what is already out and the standard book/terrain/spells format that they have used for a lot of other releases.  The design crew has been doing quite well so far at army expansions, army reworks, and new army creation - good enough that I won't really complain too much about which route they take when they choose to update a faction (please ignore my hypocrisy in the subsequent posting...).

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

-Savage Orruks

Interesting tid-bit on this one.  I stopped in at my local store today to pick up the Fyreslayer book for reading and he informed me that he recently had to do another round of large product returns where corporate HQ requests them to send a bunch of product back that they no longer want on the shelves.  He mentioned that he had to send back all of the copies of the Bonesplitterz battletome.

Just a bit of information, but if they are pulling the battletome off the shelf then I expect that means they plan to replace it soon.   If that is the case then I really do hope that they have a few models slated for a Bonesplitterz release aside from spells & terrain.  So far I have been fine with the book only releases they have done, but I have had a Savage Orc army from back in the days of Warhammer Fantasy and I really like the concept direction they went in with the Bonesplitterz.  I don't mind how far they managed to stretch just a few kits in regards to making units.  But the one thing that is missing from the army is a large centerpiece model.  They have been so great in regards to making awesome centerpiece models for each faction and the Bonesplitterz army just feels like it is missing something without one.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

I bet you that they could do more with the existing model range than you give them credit for.  I would not at all mind for KO to get a bunch more models, but they managed to make Fyreslayers a lot more interesting without many new kits and most of us figured they would need a fair bit more to really spice that army up.

If they decide to expand the KO range with a book then I would be all for it.  But, I expect that if they take the whole army rules design back to the drawing board that they could do a good rework with what is already out and the standard book/terrain/spells format that they have used for a lot of other releases.  The design crew has been doing quite well so far at army expansions, army reworks, and new army creation - good enough that I won't really complain too much about which route they take when they choose to update a faction (please ignore my hypocrisy in the subsequent posting...).

I know some people where underwhelmed by the the Fyreslayers release, but I think it did at least make them play a little more thematic to their, which is a direction I like over every battletome being powercreep. I hope KO at least get that treatment. Right now on the table they're fragile little guys who can't shoot. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I know some people where underwhelmed by the the Fyreslayers release, but I think it did at least make them play a little more thematic to their, which is a direction I like over every battletome being powercreep. I hope KO at least get that treatment. Right now on the table they're fragile little guys who can't shoot. 

I think everyone would have preferred some new kits with Fyreslayers (Named characters, Salamander rider cavalry?) But they did a really good job with what they had, similar to FEC, Balance issues aside.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I agree completely.  I think the KO have an amazing, even if small, model range.  I know everyone always wants new stuff, but just a functional and fun set of rules would go a really long way for KO.  They deserve at least that much.

And I very much hope that GW works hard to make the boats a lot more attractive as game pieces.  I really want to see more fleets of Dwarf airships gracing the tables for AoS games.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, JPjr said:

Would you allow a model to move through a small gap, let's say 2", between 2 Azyrite ruin walls if its base is bigger than 2" (assuming the model has enough movement to completely clear the gap and walls and be set up on the other side)?

There's nothing stopping the model paying enough movement to move one side of its base up the wall until it reaches a height that can allow the base to squeeze through the gap because of the angle it has reached, although you'd need to pay the movement to come back down the wall too, at least as far as I can see from the rules 

Just now, JackStreicher said:

Fest2019-Sat09-Silhouettes1yjce.jpg

well, that snake thing looks derpy xD please don‘t be an shadow self!

the tank: Primaris? Though that pilot looks like a skitarii

New ad mech transport, possibly? The aerials have the same design as the dunecrawler ones. Model I'd guess at something emperors children. Looks too small and no snake body to be the rumoured Fulgrim though.

4 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

New ad mech transport, possibly? The aerials have the same design as the dunecrawler ones. Model I'd guess at something emperors children. Looks too small and no snake body to be the rumoured Fulgrim though.

The helmet and the antenas make me think about Admech...

The back (to the right)  seems to be the one from rumor engine.