The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

Would you allow a model to move through a small gap, let's say 2", between 2 Azyrite ruin walls if its base is bigger than 2" (assuming the model has enough movement to completely clear the gap and walls and be set up on the other side)?

It would depend on which rules my opponent was using. If we are in agreement that bases still don't matter for measurements, that they are simply a thing that keeps a model upright, then I'd allow it.

If we are measuring everything base to base, then I would not. If nothing else, we should be consistent. For example, if model has to be wholly within range for a spell, and its base is not wholly within and you tell me the spell cannot affect the model, then you are telling me that the base is part of the model - so the model is too big to fit through the gap as well.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

I remember a few months ago, last year, a rumor of mechanical humans 

There was also a mention in the Core Book about a race of golems from Chamon. 

How early you have to arrive to Ricoh Arena to secure the 14.00 seminar? I'm super looking forward!!!

In the latest Sylvaneth video the bold guy says 'let's have a peak at SOME OF the new models'. I'm not English native but I understand it as there are more models to come? Everything is shown in that video apart from Arch-Revenant. 

On 5/9/2019 at 9:25 AM, WarbossKurgan said:

I like the old ones better too @ManlyMuppet88
I hope both are still going to be available but this comment on the AoS facebook page makes me think the old ones are going to disappear.

image.png.7577a9b235982368844db306496f8eb4.png

Cheers for the heads up on this. They are the one kit I've been meaning to buy loads more off but always put it off as they've been around forever and there was always something 'better' to pick up. Grabbed a whole bunch (or should that be branch!) more to be able to put them away in storage for future projects. I like the new version, but no where near as much and they look far too tall to be useful for things like monster bases. I love making my own winter themed ones but there is just something so fantastic about the woods kits. Hopefully ebay will be flooded with them too as players look to unload them in favour of the new ones.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

How early you have to arrive to Ricoh Arena to secure the 14.00 seminar? I'm super looking forward!!!

Personally, I would say as early as you can. I think the seminar tickets will get snapped up quickly, but personally I would go to the other ones than the previews as you get to ask questions about how they design the game 😉

3 minutes ago, Aryann said:

In the latest Sylvaneth video the bold guy says 'let's have a peak at SOME OF the new models'. I'm not English native but I understand it as there are more models to come? Everything is shown in that video apart from Arch-Revenant. 

Possibly. English is one of those horrible languages which can be very vague. I would say that is most of the new models shown in the video

EDIT

Just realised I’ve done the same! I think there are no more models to show 😉

Edited by Gaz Taylor
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Personally, I would say as early as you can. I think the seminar tickets will get snapped up quickly, but personally I would go to the other ones than the previews as you get to ask questions about how they design the game 😉

Would that mean queuing up around 9.30? Yeah have few more seminars planned already

Hmmm, so if I am right, the 40k preview is at 11am on Saturday, with the AoS one at 2pm after it.

With England  being 5 hours ahead of the Eastern US, that means all the info should be out by 9 to 10 in the morning tomorrow? If so, gonna be a FANTASTIC morning. 

Hoping for a full reveal of Forbidden Power, bit more Warcry, and hopefully, as many Battletome reveals as they can muster.

5 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I'm not sure all Forbidden Power will be revealed considering the first story building up to it was released only today... There's another preview this month, but indeed tomorrow looks like to be the biggest one before the summer

Fair. What I mean is show off all the models in it, give a brief rundown of what all the box does (endless spells, army building stuff like mercs, artifacts, etc)

Then they keep the campaign under wraps, so some stories leading to release and then a big twist in the story is revealed with the final story at the actual release of Forbidden Power, maybe with a connected surprise battletome reveal for whatever new army this expansion can lead into.

Entirely speculation, though. Honestly, I just want to know how the Mercs work so I can start planning some various warbands. Same with how Warcry works, but I know that is still a ways away.

Is Warcry far away? Summer officially starts in less than 45 days... the starter set warbands have already been revealed, we may only need to know how the game will actually play and then how to include the existing models in the game for all those factions without new warbands.

But I agree, anything new coming tomorrow will be welcome.

47 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Is Warcry far away? Summer officially starts in less than 45 days... 

Not in Denmark I guess.. My kids litterally woke me up last saturday all excited about the thick snow that was falling outside at the moment, begging me to take them out for some snowman building. I was quite surprised as my initial plan was to go shopping for shorts and summer gear.. oh well back to AOS.

• Haha 3

So my bets are on full Forbidden Power reveal, full reveal of Warcry starter set and Darkoath/Slaves to Darkness preview. Admittedly, that’s been my bet for the last couple of previews now but I gotta be right eventually. :) 

Oh, and the obligatory reveal trailer that reveals absolutely nothing.

If we get anything more/other than that I will be very satisfied.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

So my bets are on full Forbidden Power reveal, full reveal of Warcry starter set and Darkoath/Slaves to Darkness preview. Admittedly, that’s been my bet for the last couple of previews now but I gotta be right eventually. :) 

Oh, and the obligatory reveal trailer that reveals absolutely nothing.

If we get anything more/other than that I will be very satisfied.

Haha yes the pre pre reveal trailer. My personal favorite was the time they teased the new logo haha. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

I think we are gona be surprised with a new army.  Was reading the Slaneesh book and Aelves are mentioned a lot.

I am betting on 1 new army and 1 Battletome for an existing faction.

Well the rumour image that looks like a seraphon salamander is giving me hope. Heres for a battletome and plastic hunting parties for my lizardies.

• Like 1

Just now, Barkanaut said:

I’m fairly certain we’re getting a new death army. I hope it’s Luthor and his pirates but expect it to be something else with the previews seen. Who knows though. 

Undead pirates has really been done to death.  I'll take two of everything please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Austin said:

Haha yes the pre pre reveal trailer. My personal favorite was the time they teased the new logo haha. 

Yup these are always like this.

Something has happend....

somewhere.....

to someone....

‘Short glimpse of something that could litterally be everything’.

stay tuned...

’fade to black’

And the community puts on their tinfoil hats and goes: “so this dot in the corner during the video must mean that Setra will be back riding a bretonian horse fighting against goblin pirates and chutullu Aelves, there is no way that this is not happening!”.

8 month and five trailers later it turned out to be a new painting handle..

God I love this hobby😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • LOVE IT! 1