The Rumour Thread

35 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Well this might be the first endless spells box I buy. But I’m not using them as endless spells - that tree is going to be permanent terrain.

TBH, Endless spells are really gems in the hobby for people who make some (amazing) decors. They add so much details and mood. The richness lays in the fact that they are plenty of ES! If I had the budget, I'd use them more in my decors!

• Like 4

Well now we know why there's been no mention of the new Sylvaneth Battletome on the community site until today. Those new woods look great imo.

Sylvaneth-May8-Wyldwood4ujd.jpg

They've also put out the new warscrolls for Kurnoth Hunters early since they're being split for each weapon type you give them.

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 1

Glad to see the Wyldwoods have been changed.  This new set should clear up some issues simply due to the previous terrain piece not being originally designed for the purpose they adapted it to.  Looks like this new one is designed so that the trees fit together to define the area.  I hope they have tweaked the rules so that it still provides the army with great use but removes how awful the old version was to play against and don't require Sylvaneth players to purchase an absurd amount of them.

I'll pick up some of these just to use as extra terrain for my tables.  I had already turned my old Citadel Woods into gnarled spooky dry trees so they fit into my desert & graveyard tables and work in other games such as Malifaux.  I am more than happy to pick up some of these new ones for more vibrant forest tables.  They also look like they would work very well as individual scatter terrain trees for various skirmish games.

It also looks like it should not be too hard to convert the old Wyldwood models so that they use the same footprint as these new models so that existing players don't necessarily have to buy more if they don't want to.  This seems like a really good compromise solution on GW's part.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I think the battletome was meant to come with Looncurse but of course that was not made possible. I guess is problems with imports from China? I hope it’s not few months!!

Do they still manufacture the terrain kits in China?  They used to.  That might be the hold-up issue here.

I like the new trees but I hope they either replace or complement the old ones otherwise as Sylvaneth you would have to buy more trees than a gardener in a lifetime!!

@Skabnoze here many have said that most endless spells are still produced in China and I don’t see with which other countries they would have problems of import, but I don’t have any inside information 

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They've still got nothing on some of FFG's 'latest' RPG books taking nine months to get across the ocean.

I like Fantasy Flight a lot.  They make some excellent games.  But I am pretty sure at this point that the shipping method they use for their products developed in China is simply to toss the boxes into the ocean and hope the current eventually gets them to the US.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

@Skabnoze here many have said that most endless spells are still produced in China and I don’t see with which other countries they would have problems of import, but I don’t have any inside information 

Endless Spells would make sense.  I did not think of those.  Thanks!

Oh dear. I wonder if the leaks were out too early and they've had to blame a hold up to save face or if there really is a problem with 'another country' holding the goods up.

Can't wait to log in to facebook tomorrow morning. There is going to be all sorts of rows and political mud throwing over this.

Personally, I don't mind. I've just spent a fortune on GW stuff recently, but it's all just sat there not being used as I'm totally snowed under with the work load from Uni this year, even my skaven battletome is still wrapped! This will give me some time to ditch some of these awful projects and get a bit more cash in the piggy. Looncurse is on its way, but even that will stay wrapped for another few weeks.

It could just be a customs thing - I doubt GW is making it up, more likely they hoped it would blow over or resolve itself faster and hasn't. It will likely slow up releases like new Tomes because even if the new tome isn't having any spells made for it the Tomes themselves come from China.

It could also be that its just one shipment that's held up and that GW has regular shipments and latter ones that are not caught up in this.

It might hurt sales a bit, but I think even just this news spark will haev a lot of people buying the new duel kit to get hold of models ready for the new Tome.

Nice of them to be upfront about it too! :)

• Like 2

I think the  reason why GW is being up front about the delay is because of the Looncurse and leaked banner was making people wonder about the Sylvaneth battletome. Better to say something happened and it's delayed than get people thinking the Sylaneth are getting a big release. Nice to see them managing hype and expectations more.  

• Like 5

You can reasonably assume that this is why there was the confusion over forbidden power - I’m sure it was meant to be released last month but delayed shipping.

all of these update tome releases are basically 100 per cent China manufacture presumably because they wanted to increase release schedule but ran out of manufacturing capacity in Nottingham last year when they had that spate of 3 months where most of 40k Was sold out

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Yeah if you look at the back of each box or book it tells you where it’s made.

hardback books are from either apol or imago in China.

softback books are from uk. 

Endless spells and scnery produced by the hobby products team china

actual citadel miniatures the uk 

My BCR softcover says printed in the UK, but both Sylvaneth and GHB18 softcovers say printed in China.  I assume that means they have shifted all printing to China as those two are more recent than BCR.

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

I like Fantasy Flight a lot.  They make some excellent games.  But I am pretty sure at this point that the shipping method they use for their products developed in China is simply to toss the boxes into the ocean and hope the current eventually gets them to the US.

This x1000.  Every time they release something new I think, "cool, that'll be fun to play with in 6-24 months".  On the topic of actual rumors/news though, the Facebook page says that you'll still be able to use the old Wyldwood models if you want.  That seems odd since the template is so vastly different, but I'm intrigued. 

• Like 2

FFG is notorious for it's ****** shipping and release timing.

Destiny keep getting hit. 
like for the most recent set... the draft set came out 3-4 weeks after the main set. So everyone has already finished drafting and has all the cards by the time the proper draft set arrived. 

Sucks about this delay but getting a battletome a bit later isn't the end of the world. Nice that they are addressing the problem and letting everyone know. I hope it's only a week or two and not months.