The Rumour Thread

54 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

That leads us to an official reveal this weekend with probably preorder next week (18th of may)

I'd be disappointed if this is a reveal, I like to see things coming in the next few months and not what should be released the following weekend.

33 minutes ago, nine7six said:

I'd be disappointed if this is a reveal, I like to see things coming in the next few months and not what should be released the following weekend.

I'm sure we'll likely see Sylvanath release details - another Warcry Battlegroup and perhaps some more details on Forbidden Powers. 

I'd like to see another Battletome hinted/revealed too - either Slaves to Darkness or a Destruction one (since darn it Destruction need more than 1 2.0 battletome)

I wonder if the Tree is an endless Spell or Scenery. If Scenery, I really would like to know what will happen with the current one. Also: Whats with the other Endless Spells? Or are there maybe only two because of the sheer size?

As Overread stated: Another new Battletomes would be nice to be hinted this weekend. Althrough I am so far mixed on expectations on the Slaves to Darkness as I really do not like that "Overly Man Man-Barbarians. In my taste every second sculpt just looks silly which is weird as the Bloodbound Berserker don´t look silly at all to me but thats taste. I hope for some less weird ****** hairdresses and more heavy plated warriors as StD should actually be 😮 But as this whole "Last Harbringer" thing is currently well hidden by gw we will have to wait

2 hours ago, S133arcanite said:

Ha! Thing is, it's not even a rumour; we know that this is coming!

Listen here.  This is The Rumor Thread.  And what that means is that anything, and I mean ANYTHING, that is more related to Warhammer than politics, economic strategies, religion, or just straight complaining about the method by which humans communicate is a rumor and we will be thankful for it dang it!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, michu said:

That's probably second Endless Spell - it has base. We don't see third ES, maybe Sylvaneth will only have two?

The current woods have a base, so it could just as easily be a new terrain piece to replace the woods.  I hope so, because even though I have collected and painted Sylvaneth, I haven't played them due to the way they play, which I wouldn't find fun, and the cost of buying multiple woods.  I'm buying a Looncurse as both sides appeal to me, but give me a tree instead of woods and I'll be happy  (Give me a Wanderers battletome and I'd be ecstatic!).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

The current woods have a base, so it could just as easily be a new terrain piece to replace the woods.  I hope so, because even though I have collected and painted Sylvaneth, I haven't played them due to the way they play, which I wouldn't find fun, and the cost of buying multiple woods.  I'm buying a Looncurse as both sides appeal to me, but give me a tree instead of woods and I'll be happy  (Give me a Wanderers battletome and I'd be ecstatic!).

He means base as in a flat round or oval uniform base that all endless spells have.  Scenery, on the other hand, including citadel woods and all of the new faction specific pieces, does not have such a base. Which makes it unlikely but not impossible that the tree in the photo is a piece of scenery

I do not think they will isolate Sylvaneth players who have bought and painted citadel woods.  They may come up with a new model that's less annoying to play with but you can probably still use the ones you have. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ghark said:

Today's rumour engine:

RumourEngine-May7-Content2jce.jpg

Seems related to Death IMHO

This + the possible Kemmler indicating a possible death faction with some bone related miniatures..maybe we get rules for Tomb Kings modells.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Huanchi said:

This + the possible Kemmler indicating a possible death faction with some bone related miniatures..maybe we get rules for Tomb Kings modells.. 

As cool as updated rules for TK would be if it is related to Death (which I think it is) I think it's more likely that we'll see this in either a fleshed out Deathrattle army or something to do with Deathmages and Deadwalkers. My guess is it's connected to the bone tentacles and maybe the patchwork skin rumour and they've been giving us a tiny look at a new mortach that's connected to either of those factions. A really out there thought I had is it could be a different version of Nagash, he's a god right? Why stick to one form or even one body. If it isn't death related it's probably a warcry warband then. 

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

He means base as in a flat round or oval uniform base that all endless spells have.  Scenery, on the other hand, including citadel woods and all of the new faction specific pieces, does not have such a base. Which makes it unlikely but not impossible that the tree in the photo is a piece of scenery

I do not think they will isolate Sylvaneth players who have bought and painted citadel woods.  They may come up with a new model that's less annoying to play with but you can probably still use the ones you have.  

I feel like they're in a damned if they do damned if they don't situation with Sylvaneth Wildwoods. The cost of purchasing 9 to 12 citadel woods to make sure you have enough adds a massive expense to starting a Sylvaneth army. Yes, you can use proxies but GW has been moving in the direction of not encouraging players to use proxies (no model, no rules situation). So if they don't change that a lot of players (myself included) are going to be put off from starting a Sylvaneth army. Yet if they do then existing players are going to be mad at having wasted so much money on terrain.

There's also the gameplay issues of coating an entire game board in los blocking and deadly terrain which I hate with a burning passion but I know some players like.

• Like 2

I believe Nagash’s old pal he is trying to get back is Krell.

He remained loyal, where Kemmler switched to chaos in the end times.

either way, the return of either (more so for Krell) would herald the return of the Barrow Kings to some extent.  At the very least bolstering deathrattle/ taking it from just dust old bones to something more.

Zing my fingers for that flying chariot, animated statues and dark Druid Magic’s

6 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I believe Nagash’s old pal he is trying to get back is Krell.

He remained loyal, where Kemmler switched to chaos in the end times.

either way, the return of either (more so for Krell) would herald the return of the Barrow Kings to some extent. 

I would be stupid excited to see Krell come back.  And a Wight faction release would bump that excitement up to over 9000.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Aelfric said:

The current woods have a base, so it could just as easily be a new terrain piece to replace the woods.

As much as I enjoy the current woods mechanic and models as someone with a Sylvaneth army, I would like that to be true.

Right now, games against (and with) Sylvaneth tend to come down to seeing how much you can clog up the board and make it a non-game.  Getting 3 Citadel Woods per Wildwood is just nuts. I'd like there to be some rule that lets woods that are already on the table benefit the woodies somehow, but then only add additional woods as single tree via an endless spell. It would make playing with/against these guys much more pleasant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe that's what the dice do?

Rather than just being the usual fancy dice, I mean.

Similar to the current 'scenery effects' dice but they would let us target existing terrain with effects that either harms the enemy or buffs us.

Pure speculation but the symbols on the dice make me wonder if they were even meant to be read as numbers. 😁

Edited by Souleater