The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

The 40K news is good too - a transport and new model for a faction that needs one; and the new Chaos Knight kit should prove very popular (and weakens my resolve once more with all the great techno-monster-beasts they are doing for Chaos)

Yep Well good thing I just sold my eldar collection.

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If mercenaries eat into your Allies points, I don't think it will be too bad.

I do hope it's restricted to certain Battletomes though, rather than "take any GA and count them as mercenaries." Fyreslayers or Ogres would be fine, since there's a precedent for that, but not so much Stormcast taking pennies to help Chaos.

Why not skaven working with Dwarfs or even Stormcast sounds hilarious😂.

(But please don’t let it happen!!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yep Well good thing I just sold my eldar collection.

I would probably totally cave to Eldar if GW redoes them in a very classic style true to their old artwork - ergo lots of elaborate alien looking helms and sleek and "alien" rather than the more plain stuff they've had more recently. 

Man the terrain looks cool.

I can't wait to put nurgle symbols all over it.

Also all those warbands will look great in green.

Also looking forward to the chaos knight kit (or kits?). I don't know if it just needs an upgrade sprue in each box of the imp knights or not. I guess painting a few big mechy boys will let me use my demons from aos as soup with them in a 40k army.

25 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

I don't understand that. Will Fyreslayers be as mercenaries??? Will every army able to have mercenaries?? from differente factions or aliances?????

Lore wise it makes sense for Fyreslayers to be mercenaries for any faction, I could see some of the other factions working too but definitely not all of them. If they go with at least one faction from each grand alliance I could see them being something like Fyreslayers for Order, Skaven for Chaos and Ironjawz or Gutbusters/Beastclaw Raiders for Destruction, no idea what they could do for Death though, maybe Flesh-Eaters.

12 minutes ago, xking said:

This image may contain something in the background.

ChampionshipStoreSeminar-May4-CelestantP

There's definitely a smiling face with three eyes and an arm coming out of some kind of portal back there. What that is I have no idea though, there is mention of a smiling/laughing minor chaos god in the Shadespire novel but I don't really think it has anything to do with that unless they're bringing Shadespire back into the realms. 

Edited by Dirtnaps

Thanks

1 minute ago, Dirtnaps said:

Lore wise it makes sense for Fyreslayers to be mercenaries for any faction, I could see some of the other factions working too but definitely not all of them. If they go with at least one faction from each grand alliance I could see them being something like Fyreslayers for Order, Skaven for Chaos and Ironjawz or Gutbusters/Beastclaw Raiders for Destruction, no idea what they could do for Death though, maybe Flesh-Eaters.

There's definitely a face with three eyes and an arm coming out of some kind of portal back there. What that is I have no idea though.

Looks kinda like a bloodthirster but could be undead I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saiken said:

How likely is it that this new Warcry warband is the part of the Darkoath we're waiting for ?

I'd say all of them are part of darkoath. We will probably get a dark oath release after warcry is finished.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Saiken said:

How likely is it that this new Warcry warband is the part of the Darkoath we're waiting for ?

Right now I'm seeing Warcry as being similar to the Duel army packs. Only instead of just two arimes its multiple forces from the same army with different chaos themes woven around it. Ergo I see it as being a long term army product rather than a shorter term side game like Shadpsire - where models have rules but are not really made for the main game. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

That 3 eyed monster might be 2 eyes and a  gemstone in the forehead or seal or such. I also see what looks like a thin band crown with runs just above the middle spot of light. So it could be a normal face with a crown atop

Good catch there, it also looks a bit undead if you zoom in/look a bit closer on the face. I also noticed some runes on the back of the hand. Now I'm really curious about this thing.

Edited by Dirtnaps

3 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Good catch there, it also looks a bit undead if you zoom in/look a bit closer on the face. I also noticed some runes on the back of the hand. Now I'm really curious about this thing.

See I didn't want to mention its undead look - the TK players will get all over-excited once again. 

• Like 1

I like the warcry models, even if I'm still not convinced the game will be worth me buying, other then if it is crammed with terrain and new models. The lion/wolf does look a little flat though, like not much depth to the detail. Hopefully that's just a trick of the paint job/photo. It's not a problem if your an expert at painting, but I;ve never been a fan of painting flat organic parts, as it never looks right.

I like the terrain as centre pieces , but as their modular version of sector mechanicus terrain, it's hugely lacking. I'd been hoping for far more detailed kits, with multiple levels. I'd thought that people hoping that we get mordheim houses as terrain was too far fetched, but had hoped for something more along those lines but with a sigmar twist- like the witchfate tower. These are Flat, empty looking pieces. The probably suit people playing huge games of AoS, with huge armies. If this is the terrain that is going to be showcasing warcry, that will be another reason for me not to move away from the skirmish ruleset. Oh well, they still look cool and I'll probably still grab one or two sets to use a base plate for a more detailed piece of terrain.

I hope they are not replacement trees, if that is a new tree kit. I hope they continue to sell the old set as well, as old as it is now it's still a great kit and for being just a tree, there is an awful lot you can actually do with that old woods kit. I'd better grab a couple of the old kits while I still can as I'd hate to not have some spares in the house if they are replacing it. Hopefully they are just the new endless spell/terrain kit coming soon. Two different types of trees would be amazing though (Especially with a wood elf player in the house!)

The mercenary rules sound great, I've been doing this along with my warbands anyway (Basically taking anything I like that fits the narrative) but I can see this causing some strife in the rest of the community. I see people getting in a twist over what armies should and shouldn't take, especially with people subbing in models from other collections and not sharing paint schemes! Oh well, sucks to be them I guess! Hopefully we see a freeguild book as part of this mega wave of battletomes this year, as old empires armies with mercenaries always looks so amazing on the tabletop.

18 minutes ago, Saiken said:

I think the kits will be compatible, but I don't think it's 'the' Darkoath release judging by the almost identical Warrior of Chaos hand on the Rumour Engine.

43 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

There's definitely a smiling face with three eyes and an arm coming out of some kind of portal back there. What that is I have no idea though, there is mention of a smiling/laughing minor chaos god in the Shadespire novel but I don't really think it has anything to do with that unless they're bringing Shadespire back into the realms. 

Even more funny they ask the question who wins the duel, The celestant prime with Ghal Maraz or Undead lady? Geez who could it be GW, stay tuned for the duel between Liberator vs skeleton warrior, who can it be!?

The big things looks to be breaking out, perhaps this is the artists rendition of Slaneesh? Might be too big to just picture bomb out of nowhere though, but what big nasty do we know to be trapped that these characters might show up to fight over it?

21 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

I like the warcry models, even if I'm still not convinced the game will be worth me buying, other then if it is crammed with terrain and new models. The lion/wolf does look a little flat though, like not much depth to the detail. Hopefully that's just a trick of the paint job/photo. It's not a problem if your an expert at painting, but I;ve never been a fan of painting flat organic parts, as it never looks right.

I like the terrain as centre pieces , but as their modular version of sector mechanicus terrain, it's hugely lacking. I'd been hoping for far more detailed kits, with multiple levels. I'd thought that people hoping that we get mordheim houses as terrain was too far fetched, but had hoped for something more along those lines but with a sigmar twist- like the witchfate tower. These are Flat, empty looking pieces. The probably suit people playing huge games of AoS, with huge armies. If this is the terrain that is going to be showcasing warcry, that will be another reason for me not to move away from the skirmish ruleset. Oh well, they still look cool and I'll probably still grab one or two sets to use a base plate for a more detailed piece of terrain.

This is different from the Warcry terrain. We saw it in the first Warcry preview video. It has walkways and multiple layers, a bit like the killteam stuff. It is kind of crazy that we are getting two full scenery ranges this year as well as all the faction specific stuff. We will be drowning in scenery by the end of the year.

The thing in the background is ‘something’ (I assume it will be some kind of Bone King, greater daemon of death that will lead the next Death faction they release) that was in some way tied to Nagash in the past and that Sigmar locked away in a Stormvault in the region of Stygxx aeons/a few years ago. 

With the Necroquake loosening reality Nagash has sent Olynder and her Nighthaunt forces to break out this ‘something’, and that’s the focus of the narrative campaign in the Forbidden Powers expansion.

This picture is from the climactic battle of that campaign as the ‘something’ is breaking out of its cage/prison whilst the CP & Olynder throw down.

With the mercenaries I’m assuming, and this is all assumption, there will be just a small selection of thematically appropriate options, maybe even explicitly named, structured forces (like battalions, so some options in numbers but available units is set) that you can take from just a couple of factions, a particular Fyreslayer lodge, a certain Ogor tribe, maybe a Corsair captain and his crew or a rogue necromancer/wight/liche and his deathly legions, that kind of thing, like the Nightmare Legion from the very old Regiments of Renown back in the 80s.

One other thing from these new reveals a hell of a lot of manpower and time has gone into Warcry. So we’ve seen just 2 of the new warbands now and they’ve both had around 9 individual models. Times that by 6 and plus the extra furies and monsters and that’s a huge range of unique models. Just in terms of what it’s possible to design and manufacture no wonder Slaanesh mortals got put on the back burner.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

The big things looks to be breaking out, perhaps this is the artists rendition of Slaneesh? Might be too big to just picture bomb out of nowhere though, but what big nasty do we know to be trapped that these characters might show up to fight over it?

It definitely does look like it's breaking out and it could be a rendition of Slaanesh but I don't know it just doesn't feel right, I agree it might be too big just to slot in there and I think there should be more of a build up to that kind of event. I reckon it's something completely new, if this has anything to do with the Midnight Tomb Nagash sent the Nighthaunt to find (and it really looks like it does to me) it probably has something to do with whoever/whatever this old ally of his is. It would also explain the things undead sort of look. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

19 minutes ago, JPjr said:

One other thing from these new reveals a hell of a lot of manpower and time has gone into Warcry. So we’ve seen just 2 of the new warbands now and they’ve both had around 9 individual models. Times that by 6 and plus the extra furies and monsters and that’s a huge range of unique models. Just in terms of what it’s possible to design and manufacture no wonder Slaanesh mortals got put on the back burner.

No joke what they've doing with the Warcry models really does cement why there weren't any, they might not even have shown us everything for the Iron Golems or Untamed Beasts and could be holding a model or two for a more in depth article later down the road. One or two of those warbands might even scratch that itch for Slaaneshi players, the stretched face/skin and snake ones look like they could be Slaanesh-esk just going off the icons but I'm sure they'll look fantastic even if they aren't.

Man this is exciting news indeed.  Before commenting on the stuff I just wanna say that it is also very nice how the warhammer community informed us about the seminar, gave easy access to time schedules and yet did’nt overly hype the event with the usual: DON’T MISS TOMORROW, huge reveals, that will have EVERYONE excited, bla bla bla, and then it turns out to be a new set of blood bowl dice🤨

Ok I might exagerate a bit but hopefully you get what I mean...

- WOW love the new scenery. So awesome that they finally gave us some modular goodness and what better timing for me than now. Just bought the deathknell and warscryer citadel and with the collection of tombs, graves and stuff I have thats just waiting to be painted, the Shyish table that I will began working on soon will be so awesome. Really happy about this.

- Warcry just keeps looking more and more interesting. Not really a big fan of the barbarian/dark oath look but this game is an insta buy none the less. Really exciting about it and hope we will get some rule previews soon. This can be very huge if its good. My group have spend the last 7 month wrapping up our Gorkamorka campaign and Warcry will be perfect as our next narrative campaign game. Perhaps!

- So ehm.. everyone can ally now? Or ??  Really interested to see how this plays out. On one hand I fear it might enforce mono lists. Not only will armies be using the same endless spells and artifacts but now also the same units🤔

On the other hand Im looking forward to kitbashing ghost squigs for my nighthaunts😝 or at least ally the mortis engine as we may finally use that one.

- Forbidden Powers: looking forward to see if the endless spells will be the notch up  Nighthaunts need. Also FINALLY some lore about Lady Olynder. She’s our Mortach and is only known for beeing easy prey and making out with Johnny Depp. 

Very great nice over all

Edited by Greasygeek

I know, not AoS. But the Skitarii transport video is propably my favorite teaser by the Community team so far. Guessing that's where the hatch rumor engine picture will show up.

On to the AoS stuff.

We've seen both revealed items before, but we now have better pictures.

I really like the terrain, I think its a great fit for the Mortal Realms and it follows a style I really enjoy. I also really like that it was designed with gaming in mind, though apparently that still does not include stairs you can place an infantry miniature on. Granted, that would very wide stairs with the size of bases these days, but that wouldn't exactly be out of the question on grandiose temple architecture. It does not do much to take the battlefield into the vertical, but we know from the first Warcry reveal that something is coming for that as well.

The Untamed Beasts don't particularly interest me as a Warband, depending on their AoS rules, they'll either serve as conversion fodder or to fill out my Chaos forces (if they are markable I think some smashing Slaaneshi mortals could be build from them).

What I really do like about them is that, while the leaders and elites are the usual super muscle men, they also have, while still quite muscular, but more scrawny and mishappen members. Guess the stronger members eat much better than the rest.

I think the description as " straight from the pages of Slaves to Darkness" is off though. They certainly have a very oldschool barbarian look, but the helmeted great weapon wielders and the first leader type are the only ones resembling any old "Realms of Chaos" artwork or miniatures from the era, to my recollection.