The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Scurfturf said:

I really don't think so. Look at how the highlights scale on the model; This piece is very small. It could easily be a prop fro a new unit or hero, but not a horn-themed endless spell.

With Khorne and Fyreslayers we have started to see smaller details on the endless spells

It's not impossible for that horn to be a Sylvaneth spell

6 hours ago, rattila said:

Rumor engine time !

The curved segmented metal thing could be on the head of new Chaos character. Or some kind of mutation weaponized. Somethjng is on the way.

And i dont think that the segmented organic thing is the one on the back of the Arch Revenant so.... another new sylvaneth unit?

Rumor Engine 23-04-2019.jpg

I can't help. But the Chaos thing looks like Nagash bones.

No idea what that means

nagash.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Durant said:

The skin from face maybe for destraction ogros butcher comes to mind

Possibly, but in all the previous ogor models, they have never flayed human skin (lots of bones, meats, corpses, and organs though). Some models sport animal hides, but that's it.

Also:

"distraction ogros"
Image result for maneater ogre ninja

*Teleports behind you*

Edited by Scurfturf
  • Haha 3

while if you’re looking to recruit some Sylvaneth (and their spite allies!) in the meantime, Drycha Hamadreth will make a fearsome Leader for your spiteful forces.

This heavy emphasis on spites leaves me to think that the upcomming battletome Sylva 2.0  will have several focused armies: spites/revenant one, kurnoth one, big trees one, horde/dryads one..., exactly like the FEC themed armies. With so few entries, they can't do otherwise, and they can't also avoid it. (especialy with the content of the looncurse box)

Edited by GeneralZero

7 hours ago, rattila said:

Rumor engine time !

The curved segmented metal thing could be on the head of new Chaos character. Or some kind of mutation weaponized. Somethjng is on the way.

And i dont think that the segmented organic thing is the one on the back of the Arch Revenant so.... another new sylvaneth unit?

Rumor Engine 23-04-2019.jpg

Most of the things you label as ‘very very likely’ sisters of battle don’t seem very likely to be SoB to me - most of it looks too modern to fit with the archaic SoB look. Mostly looks to be Primaris. 

5 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

A new hero and endless spells coming from Sylvaneth, have I missed the announcement of a new Sylvaneth battle tome, or is that just a super safe bet?

Super Safe bet - most likely pre-order next weekend or the week after. 

I’d like the face skin to be for Kemmler. Who back in old WD had made a return with BARROW KINGS. Which lines up with the idea of forbidden power, him being a trapped powerful soul.. also that WD seems to be doing more “army rules”..

would be a great way to do a soup army that includes constructs n such.

wont happen but I can dream of generic mummy units if I want 😛

5 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Love the model, not so happy that it’s an endless spell - just make it a unit GW!

I feel the same way about the fyerslayer's molten infernoth. GW is creating outstanding monsters, but it's unfortunate they're only endless spells.

• Like 4

My only disappointment with monsters as Endless Spells is that whilst they are well made they are not up the same high detail that GW models are. Which is fine for terrain and spells, but for monsters I'd rather love to see them do more like they did with the chimera and cockatrace - ergo actual full blooded GW models! Even if they are hired/summoned/cast/whatever into the battlefield I'd still prefer for them to be top end models. 

Plus if done that way they are long term in-house models not out of house models that might one day vanish; or which are not "as good" as internal models. It also means they can change from being summoned monsters to even battleline critters and the like. 

Otherwise I love the idea of casting spells and summoning monsters to the table. 

Agreed. Although I think this one in particular looks excellent and would fit in nicely without an issue.

GW are really flogging this endless spell thing now to the point where I think they’re overlooking better options.

Edited by ManlyMuppet88
  • Like 7

I love the idea of endless spells being their own monsters. I just want them to be good enough to warrant using (unlike the Infernoth, which is a dope model with meh rules that'll likely never see the table).

6 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Agreed. Although I think this one in particular looks excellent and would fit in nicely without an issue.

GW are really flogging this endless spell thing now to the point where I think they’re overlooking better options.

I agree with you on all the above. 

But you know why they won’t stop making them? Bc as someone pointed out to me, they are made in China, and therefore can be made all the time vs whatever manufacturing problem they keep having in the UK. 

1 hour ago, RexHavoc said:

What I find odd about the new spell (which is superb) is that they have used static grass on the base. Which is odd as they dropped it from their stores not so long ago. Wonder if it will make a return.

Gamesworkshop has an entire team of staff that paints models and build scenery for their photo-shoots (not the Heavymetal team, but an internal, salaried team for Age of Sigmar specifically). They build props using non-GW products, so i wouldn't read into what you see in their photos.

Just now, Riavan said:

I wonder how good that spell will look without the amazing paint job which is giving it far more texture and detail than the model itself. 

I guarantee you that it will be a 3-piece model. One for the base, two for the "neck" that will slit down the middle symmetry.  So however much detail they can get with suck few dimensions is your answer.