The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Β 

Looncurse, man i was almost tempted. i already have a Spider army and ive been looking at the Squig stuff since it came out, would be great to add to the spiders. as for Sylvaneth, ive almost started an army for them every couple of months so this would have finally got me started. however i made a decision that Flesh-Eaters are my main army and i want to finish them before i start any more projects, i dont have the space for all the random boxes i buy for projects as it is!

Man I feel you, however I convinced my gf to paint the Sylvaneth part so for me Looncurse would complement my 120 grots to rebase and then... I just started two new armies I didn’t really need πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­Β 

Edited by alghero81

21 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

What is this crazy talk about too low output from the bows, try 220 points for a Stegadon with 3 shots, effectively now shooting like 1 kurnoth hunter, then that must have no point to it at all by that logic?

Strange that the arch revenant does not buff... well revenants, hunters are already super good value. The command ability seem a bit uninspired as well and again seem to be mostly wasted on tree revenants of all things. Had hoped to see the tree revenant evolve into more of a backline of the sylvaneth, they are the poster buys, instead of being a backline commando support unit, doing nothing but being annoying.

Arguments like the one you are making aren't particularly useful at the moment. It'sΒ not quite fair to compare the Stegadon to Bow Kurnoths as the Stegadon is split between multiple roles. It has more value in melee than from it's ranged attack, and it also has a relevant support ability. It's still not a tournament level warscroll. Kurnoths with bows have nearly all of their value tied to their ranged attacks.Β 

You're absolutely correct that Kurnoth Hunters have good ranged damage output compared to a Stegadon, A crossbow might be an excellent weapon when compared with a thrown rock, but that doesn't mean that the military should be investing in crossbows.

As to the second point, I think we will need to wait and see if there are any changes to the revenant warscrolls. I wish they were more mainline as well. That said, the Arch-revenant's command ability is really quite an amazing addition to the Sylvaneth army. The range is short, but +1 attack is very strong, and Sylvaneth is really lacking in terms of command abilities in general.Β 

12 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

They could what they did with liberators- double the number in a box for a little more. Β£60 for 3 varanguard is insane. Though even 6 for Β£60 is insane, so I'm not sure what they could do to make anyone buy them. Maybe an SCΒ  box with 3 of them, a new named character and some other unit for Β£60?Β 

Start Collecting Everchosen: 6 Varanguard and Archaon for Β£60! πŸ˜…

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Mmmh don’t we have one of those guys already?

just in the wrong army😜(chaos lord)

I mean you're not wrong but still it would be cool to have an on foot unit, they would make great alternate chaos lord on foot models as well.

Rumor engine time !

The curved segmented metal thing could be on the head of new Chaos character. Or some kind of mutation weaponized. Somethjng is on the way.

And i dont think that the segmented organic thing is the one on the back of the Arch Revenant so.... another new sylvaneth unit?

Rumor Engine 23-04-2019.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, rattila said:

Rumor engine time !

The curved segmented metal thing could be on the head of new Chaos character. Or some kind of mutation weaponized. Somethjng is on the way.

And i dont think that the segmented organic thing is the one on the back of the Arch Revenant so.... another new sylvaneth unit?

Rumor Engine 23-04-2019.jpg

the hatch is not very very sister of battle, it doesn't match any sister vehicle in the past nor does it have fleur de lis (it is closer to the cross of Saint James the Greater), it is however identical to scion(and guard)/admech hatches so its more likely a new or updated vehicle for them.

thus it should be moved to grey box, with the caption; " admech/scion (maybe sister)"

They mention the spites can be summoned. Sylvaneth at the moment only has summoning as abilities on the warscroll; Alarielle and branchwraiths.Β 

I guess, sylvaneth will get a new tome and some form of summoning with points as a resource.Β 

€: As a friend hinted: This could also be a endless spell, but these are released together with a battletome. So Yay!

Edited by Ruhraffe

They specifically mention Drycha as being "a fearsome leader for yourΒ spiteful forces", now usually I wouldn't read too much into this but since the article is on spites and they also talk about how the Spite-Revenants might have actually been spites (so they probably were otherwise why mention it) and they've shown that there are huge spites like Alarielle's beetle, do you think this means that there might be a unit of standalone spites coming with the update? Personally I think it's more likely we see them being the same as the Gladewyrm (which looks awesome) and they'll basically be endless spells (or similar) with the only new unit being the Looncurse heroΒ but a unit of centipedes or beetles could be interesting.

All of the article smells like a battletome 2.0 anouncement.

It is now clear that we have:

- new Endless spells (clearly confirmed in the article)

- new mechanisms for spites

- new ability for Drycha

- Rumor: new woods/woods mechanisms?

- change in the kurnoth hunters (at least 3A vs 2A for bows)

Β 

• Like 2

Honestly I expect previews at this weekends event followed by pre-order of the Tome next week. With next week being full of Battletome hints. They wouldn't spoil the new spell this early if it was'n't going to be like that.Β 

Β 

Though there might be a two week delay, but I'd expect not.Β 

This will really boost sales of the new kit as all those Sylvanath players jump in early ready for a new Tome!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Ah, this means that the horn is maybe an endless spell... hopefully not.

I really don't think so. Look at howΒ the highlights scale on the model; This piece is very small. It could easily be a prop fro a new unit or hero, but not a horn-themed endless spell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1