The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

Varanguard Hero or dismounted Varanguard are my guess

Probably without run and charge, so he can't keep up, with 6" range wholy within ability bolstering mounted Varanguard. ;)

Just joking, but hope for some cool looking model.

CSM already received a lot of cool models quite recently so it probably ain't something for them, unless there are Emperor's Children on the way.

1 minute ago, Malin said:

Probably without run and charge, so he can't keep up, with 6" range wholy within ability bolstering mounted Varanguard. ;)

Just joking, but hope for some cool looking model.

CSM already received a lot of cool models quite recently so it probably ain't something for them, unless there are Emperor's Children on the way.

If it isn't a varanguard on foot or plastic chosen then it better be phoenix guard terminators for emperors children.

2 hours ago, Still-young said:

Seems weird flavour wise that the Arch-Revenant buffs Kurnoth Hunters and not Revenants. 

I thought it was strange too, but at the same time we haven't seen if there are any changes on the tree-revenant warscroll or what his new battalion synergy with the tree-revenants might be.

30 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

I thought it was strange too, but at the same time we haven't seen if there are any changes on the tree-revenant warscroll or what his new battalion synergy with the tree-revenants might be.

Or they left point for the price hike of Kurnoth Hunters. Some say they have 3 shots now instead of 2. This ain't that visible or readable on the scroll shown in Looncurse reveal article.

4 minutes ago, Malin said:

Or they left point for the price hike of Kurnoth Hunters. Some say they have 3 shots now instead of 2. This ain't that visible or readable on the scroll shown in Looncurse reveal article.

Even at 3 shots 200 points is a steep price (of course there will be likely be many new factors to consider in the new book).

19 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

Even at 3 shots 200 points is a steep price (of course there will be likely be many new factors to consider in the new book).

If you only consider their offense, sure.

Kurnoths pay for their defense, range, and ability to teleport as much as their raw damage output offense.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

If you only consider their offense, sure.

Kurnoths pay for their defense, range, and ability to teleport as much as their raw damage output offense.

Bow hunters wouldn't be worth it at 200. Because what gives them all that teleporting also blocks LOS. Being fairly difficult to kill is of limited value when you only have 3 models and low damage output.

Of course, if(rumours say they will) the wyldwood is different then things change drastically...

10 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

Bow hunters wouldn't be worth it at 200. Because what gives them all that teleporting also blocks LOS. Being fairly difficult to kill is of limited value when you only have 3 models and low damage output.

Of course, if(rumours say they will) the wyldwood is different then things change drastically...

You can be in the trees but have line of sight on your target - just sit within 1" of the edge of the woods. They cost 200 points because they have 5 wounds each with a 4+ save (rerollable in combat) and the ability to teleport out of combat and across the map to another wood any time.

Their damage output might be too low in AOS 2 to justify 200 points - I'm just saying that their damage is not the only thing to consider.

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

What is this crazy talk about too low output from the bows, try 220 points for a Stegadon with 3 shots, effectively now shooting like 1 kurnoth hunter, then that must have no point to it at all by that logic?

Strange that the arch revenant does not buff... well revenants, hunters are already super good value. The command ability seem a bit uninspired as well and again seem to be mostly wasted on tree revenants of all things. Had hoped to see the tree revenant evolve into more of a backline of the sylvaneth, they are the poster buys, instead of being a backline commando support unit, doing nothing but being annoying.

• Like 2

For the Revenant affecting the kurnoth, keep in mind that GW could just be testing out rules like they did with slaanesh and W&R. I believe the daemonettes gained a banner that allowed them to reroll 1s to hit there (which people really liked), and now with the new book the rule has been shifted over to spells instead. It's possible that when the sylvaneth book comes out the kurnoth might get the reroll 1s natively or part of some other special rule. 

I always prefered the mounter ones. I find those varanguard amazing. Too bad their price is crazy skyhigh.

Why are they so pricey? I really don't get it. If they were at a "normal" price, I'd have at least 3 boxes already. (BTW, you can also use those superb mini to kitbash many other things: for example: chaos knigh lord, vampire lord, the character himself can also mount other monsters (dragons etc...) ). 

Edited by GeneralZero

11 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I always prefered the mounter ones. I find those varanguard amazing. Too bad their price is crazy skyhigh.

Why are they so pricey? I really don't get it. If they were at a "normal" price, I'd have at least 3 boxes already. (BTW, you can also use those superb mini to kitbash many other things: for example: chaos knigh lord, vampire lord, the character himself can also mount other monsters (dragons etc...) ). 

The pricing is a test of your commitment to walk the path to glory.  Do you want to be the Black Pilgrim or not? If so, raise the banner and open the wallet. 

• Haha 1

I think their pricing is the result of the fact that Everchosen were made into their own faction and those models released for it. However because Everchosen basically had nothing else those models had to hold up all on their own. So if you look at how much a full army of them along with Acharon costs and you get into the region of £340 for most of 2K army (4 boxes of Vanguard and 1 Acharon). 

Which is the sort of very rough ballpark for getting started at that points level for many GW armies. 

That and for most other armies that use chaos they are a one-purchase wonder so akin to 3 leaders in a box. I agree that they are one unit that could do with a significant price drop for what they are, though they are honestly really outstanding looking models. 

the Varanguard price is a result of early aos times when prices were quite insane (Vulkite Berzerkers, 10 for $115nz vs every other 32mm 10 model box released more recently at around $90ish nz ). unfortunately gw have a policy that they cant outright drop prices, to do so they have to rebox things or put them in bundles like Start Collecting as this creates a 'New' product with a new product code

looking forward to that new Stormvault terrain, releasing just at the perfect time too, as im starting to build a massive Fortress* for my Nagash-hating  Flesh-Eater Courts of Shyish (*in truth its a ruined city covered in bodies and blood)

Looncurse, man i was almost tempted. i already have a Spider army and ive been looking at the Squig stuff since it came out, would be great to add to the spiders. as for Sylvaneth, ive almost started an army for them every couple of months so this would have finally got me started. however i made a decision that Flesh-Eaters are my main army and i want to finish them before i start any more projects, i dont have the space for all the random boxes i buy for projects as it is!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

the Varanguard price is a result of early aos times when prices were quite insane (Vulkite Berzerkers, 10 for $115nz vs every other 32mm 10 model box released more recently at around $90ish nz ). unfortunately gw have a policy that they cant outright drop prices, to do so they have to rebox things or put them in bundles like Start Collecting as this creates a 'New' product with a new product code

They could what they did with liberators- double the number in a box for a little more. £60 for 3 varanguard is insane. Though even 6 for £60 is insane, so I'm not sure what they could do to make anyone buy them. Maybe an SC  box with 3 of them, a new named character and some other unit for £60? 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/01/novella-series-1-last-chancegw-homepage-post-3/

The novellas are going to vanish at the end of June! Really surprised GW is doing this because they could keep them in digital print forever for basically no cost. 

They are fantastic stories and even if you dont' get the set I'd strongly recommend getting the AoS ones! 

I'm surprised they didn't officially announce the new terrain yet. They followed-up on past leaks pretty quickly.

Maybe they are saving it for the studio preview in Australia on Saturday, but that would be quite disappointing for the participants to see something that is already on the internet for a few days, and the White Dwarf is out that day anyway, so it'll be public information. I hope they have more than that to show.

My guess includes a Sylvaneth BT + endless spells and a scenery piece, and another Warcry warband.

Any other guesses?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raviv said:

I'm surprised they didn't officially announce the new terrain yet. They followed-up on past leaks pretty quickly.

Maybe they are saving it for the studio preview in Australia on Saturday, but that would be quite disappointing for the participants to see something that is already on the internet for a few days, and the White Dwarf is out that day anyway, so it'll be public information. I hope they have more than that to show.

My guess includes a Sylvaneth BT + endless spells and a scenery piece, and another Warcry warband.

Any other guesses?

I think another more or less mysterious teaser/announcement for the next AoS 2.0 updated faction.  If they want to keep the pace and release one more in May the teaser should be around the corner. 

My best bet would be announcing the Sylvaneth book or a destruction faction. And in that case I hope Gutbusters but suspect Ironjawz will be first.