The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Shadowheart said:

That certainly looks like the Tail pic from the rumour engine, I'm assuming its a 40k thing though, Gyrinx's are used as familiers for Psykers I believe.

Nice catch, I've completely forgotten about them, until you said. They go back all the way to the original Rogue Trader Rulebook, if I remember correctly.

After the Genestealer Cults release, I wouldn't be suprised if it came with an Exodite.

At this rate, Ambulls and Enslavers are up next.

Anyway, back to the AoS rumors?

Can't really make much of the Weather Map, I have to admit.

• Like 1

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/New-Exclusive?Nu=product.repositoryId&N=2510756053+3252425321&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=catnewexclusive

The Kairic Acolytes have a lot of equipment options. The bird does a mortal wound to a successful (enemy) spellcaster on 5+ after the spell resolves, pretty underwhelming.

Fatemaster is the Lord of Tz on Disc, slightly better stats than before and not a Wizard. Command lets you reroll die rolls that match your d6 roll, for Tz Mortals within 9".

Ogroid is the same as Silver Tower, he's Mortal Arcanite.

Curseling is the same as before.

Gaunt Summoner is as in Silver Tower minus the Familiars, is Daemon, Mortal, Arcanite, Everchosen. The profile linked through the store page for both models is only for non-Disc rider version (at least ruleswise, unless the discs are supposed supposed to walk 5").

• Like 1

Damn, I hope the store where I preordered the battletome will get the magic cards aswell...

Edit: I just realised: it got more expensive than they said!

January White dwarf say 50$ in New Zeland! Alcolytes are the same though!

Edited by Alexxk

Interestingly, there is no boost for big units on Akolytes and minimum unit size is 10, even though they are sold in boxes of 20.

The Vulcarch is underwhelming, but assuming options stay pointcost free, I won't complain.

Overall, I think Akolytes look quite hard hitting for chaff, with a bit of rend and a shooting attack, but I would not expect a unit of ten to remain standing after anything stronger than a stiff breeze, shields or not. How good they turn out depends entirely on points.

Store groups both Arcanites and Daemons under Disciples now. The warscroll for horrors is still the same, as are all other daemons, I guess, but those may still be awaiting updating.

Regular Tzaangor still are not in the AoS section, so maybe they get reboxed after all or shuffled over when the other Tzaangor hit?

The Magus/Mr. Chickenfeet is still exclusive to that Silver Tower Hero Bundle, that is a bit annoying, since, even though I will convert my own anyway (it is the factions generic mage, after all) I always liked the model and never got one when he was still sold solo.

All in all, I can't wait to put in my order, but I actually am a bit afraid that something might be sold out by the time I get to put in my order, since I will propably still be asleep when the shop updates for Germany.

2 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Regular Tzaangor still are not in the AoS section, so maybe they get reboxed after all or shuffled over when the other Tzaangor hit?

I dont know where I have seen it but somewhere was a picture with all the skyfires and tzangor shamans and stuff and there was a tzangor with a standart, so I think the AoS boxes will come with an upgrade sprue!

1 minute ago, Alexxk said:

I dont know where I have seen it but somewhere was a picture with all the skyfires and tzangor shamans and stuff and there was a tzangor with a standart, so I think the AoS boxes will come with an upgrade sprue!

Have my Tzaangor Sprues right next to me, as I have started assembly in celebration of Tzaanuary starting proper, and the standart is on my sprues. Two standarts in fact, as I got the "arms and command" sprue twice in my box, I am not sure if that is normal.

4 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Have my Tzaangor Sprues right next to me, as I have started assembly in celebration of Tzaanuary starting proper, and the standart is on my sprues. Two standarts in fact, as I got the "arms and command" sprue twice in my box, I am not sure if that is normal.

Ohh, I dondt check those pics. I just checked the pics of the tzangors with the bolt pistols and chain swords!

It all looks great, and will be my first chaos army eventually, but I'm pretty disappointed that there's not one female model amongst the Acolytes.

I had no reason to expect any but damn!.....

Sure would of been nice to have some breakup in the tide of epic pecs.

Out of EVERY single AoS new model we've had what, 3!? And one was made of bark!!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Turragor said:

9 of 'em makes me think it's Tzeentch related.

Also with the Gyrinx are we getting a mount, a rider and a cat on one base? Seems packed!

They said there are "force 9 magical vortexes"; I took their presence as an industry joke, as another miniature company/terrain company is Gale (another storm word) Force 9.  I figured they were just being silly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

They said there are "force 9 magical vortexes"; I took their presence as an industry joke, as another miniature company/terrain company is Gale (another storm word) Force 9.  I figured they were just being silly.

Honestly I don't think they care enough or even know about Gale Force 9 to make such a far-fetched joke. I would guess it's as simple as 9 = Tzeentch.

Edited by Nevvermore