The Rumour Thread

What is all this talk about 3.0? Why would GW make it and why should we need it? IMO all AOS ‘needs’ is for factions to get updated. After that they can keep us going by adding some of the extra units players ask for and they can keep moving the narrative and adjusting stuff throught GHB and FAQs. Heck, they can also add a bunch of mini campaigns and expansions.

New edditions in its worst form means armies need to be totally rebuild and this was exactly one of things that had med leave warhammer for good,15-20 years ago. If It ain’t broken, then don’t fix it! This isn’t a Playstation or an Iphone. We really do not need to go back to square one every 3-4th year.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

The scenery looks awesome, but @Beliman I can;t see AoS 3.0 happening for a while yet, Soul Wars (aka AoS 2.0) only came out last year. GW have too much investment in the development to shelf it this soon.

Just swap "AoS 3.0" for "GHB2019" then (the point I made is still relevant).

Explanation: there isn't any 2nd edition of Age of Sigmar, just "new edition (aka, new GHB book, there isn't any Battletome or Book that talked about "Editions" like of Fantasy, and I only remember the Community team talking about "new edition" and not 2.0 or anything like that).
So, instead of GHB 2019, I used AoS 3.0.

Edited by Beliman

3 minutes ago, michu said:

@Beliman AoS 2.0 started with corebook. GHB2019 shouldn't be called AoS 3.0 (it's confusing) but rather AoS 2.1. 

Well, I believe that it started with more than that book: new core mechancis and of course, all 2018 books (Core Book, GHB2018 and Malign Sorcery). 

I just re-read the old news from warhammer community  and  looked to all 2018 books, and there isn't any "2.0 edition"  written on them.

In other words, it's just fan-label for 2018 books and new mechanics.

36 minutes ago, Sete said:

Ok, a matriarchal led faction? 

We have the Goddess, the Underworlds faction is led by a Sorceress and now probably another female hero.

Super curious about this.

Sylvaneth are split into sub groups with the Forest FolkFree Spirits and Noble Spirits which all have different leaders, but the Noble Spirits who are lead by Treelords tend to be the ones in charge of the Glades.  

33 minutes ago, michu said:

@Beliman Yes, but it's used universally by community as an indicator of new edition and using term " AoS 3.0" for new GHB leads to confusion.

Well, I don't know what will come this june/july.
I just aim for new mechanics and rules (with maybe a new box), and that's what AoS 2.0 was last year, so it's logic to use "3.0" label this year until we know more.

I don't think that Forbidden Power would a Matched Play addition (maybe some allegiance abilities like Firestorm). It's rather for Open/Narrative. And GHB's usually change points not rules (ok,ok I know, KO). Jervis Johnson said that it will introduce new tournament rules, but not all Matched Play games are tournamebt games. And it's more logical to not use some terms if you don't know for sure. Some people were using term "Year of the Xeno" for 2018 and other were dissapointed when there were no big releases for Xeno armies  even when GW never promised that. 

5 minutes ago, michu said:

And it's more logical to not use some terms if you don't know for sure. Some people were using term "Year of the Xeno" for 2018 and other were dissapointed when there were no big releases for Xeno armies  even when GW never promised that. 

Yes, you are right with that point (Orktober).

But I believe that GW will continue with the same modus operandi of 2018 (or something close). Imho, Forgoten Power is just this year "Malign Portents" (campaing with new mechanics). With some luck, we are not going to buy three diferent books (GHB+Malign sorcery+core book) and everything will be packed in maybe one or two books (core and GHB) with a new box opening a new conflict.

Only time will tell if 2019 will be closer to 2017 than 2018.

1 hour ago, Harpo2 said:

Sylvaneth are split into sub groups with the Forest FolkFree Spirits and Noble Spirits which all have different leaders, but the Noble Spirits who are lead by Treelords tend to be the ones in charge of the Glades.  

It’s interesting, because all the Dryads, the Spite Revenant Sarge, the Branchwych and Branchwrajth, Alarielle herself, Ylthari and now this Hero are all girls, 

Then everybody else, including the Treelords are dudes. 

To be honest, I think gender means little to a plant XD

Yet, I remember female tree revenants are a thing. There could even be female treelords, just no models atm

55 minutes ago, Charleston said:

I am also wondering about the scale. Seems pretty huge to me

You’re comparing her to a Grot sitting on a squig. :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, michu said:

Beautiful, if that's the terrain for Forbidden Powers I will definitely buy it! Perfect for my egyptian/persian themed free city!

Same here! Love they are putting some real world elements in the mix with high fantasy

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Well, I don't know what will come this june/july.
I just aim for new mechanics and rules (with maybe a new box), and that's what AoS 2.0 was last year, so it's logic to use "3.0" label this year until we know more.

Really only time it should be considered 3.0 is if it’s a new core rule book.

And for people who point out that GW never called it 2.0 they did call it a new edition of the rules when they announced .

So it’s at least 2nd edition Sigmar though I guess some people have attached the 2.0 moniker since it’s felt more like Sigmar is actually being fleshed into a game with tighter rules and a more coherent storyline vs what is was in 1st edition which was like early access game.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Very cool, although I am surprised the pose isn't very dynamic based on the art reveal yesterday. I think I might have to try to pick this guy up despite not collecting Sylvaneth.

Any guesses what the giant skull is?

Just now, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Very cool, although I am surprised the pose isn't very dynamic based on the art reveal yesterday. I think I might have to try to pick this guy up despite not collecting Sylvaneth.

Any guesses what the giant skull is?

Looks like a Troggoth skull. 

I love it!

The Gloomspite half rounds out what I already have to a good size to start playing; I've also been thinking of starting Sylvaneth for a number of years now, and always preferred the Revenant aesthetic to the Dryads (plus I do have a box of Revenants I painted when they were released). This box is perfect for me, will most likely pick it up (the new Sylvaneth hero is gorgeous too).

• Like 3