The Rumour Thread

Are there actually any rumours for anything coming in Sigmar besides STD? Seems to have gotten quiet on the old Sigmar rumours! We know what's coming for 40K, got Imperial Fists basically confirmed for June/July (Online and been told from multiple sources in person who would know this info) 

So  I guess the question is, whats next for Sigmar? Sylvaneth presumably since they're featuring in the new box set by the looks of it with gloomspite! I think Ironjawz or Ogors are extremely likely this year too

24 minutes ago, JonnyTheKing said:

Are there actually any rumours for anything coming in Sigmar besides STD? Seems to have gotten quiet on the old Sigmar rumours! We know what's coming for 40K, got Imperial Fists basically confirmed for June/July (Online and been told from multiple sources in person who would know this info) 

So  I guess the question is, whats next for Sigmar? Sylvaneth presumably since they're featuring in the new box set by the looks of it with gloomspite! I think Ironjawz or Ogors are extremely likely this year too

We'll know in early May, basically Slaanesh drops and then we get another big reveal. 

Most are assuming it will be the new duel boxed set with Gloomspite and (assumed) Sylvanath which will likely mean a new tome for the latter. So that's a duel set, a new Battletome and then perhaps one more. Alongside that they might reveal another warparty from Warcry as they steady build up to its mid-year release (which I believe is in July). 

They might also flesh out Forbidden Powers a bit more, but there's also the paint feature that will likely trump that and be the main element of surprise for the event. 

I'd be happy with two more Tomes - really happy if one is for Sylvanath and the other for Destruction. Whilst Gloomspite was a fantastic release, Destruction has really been left out for too long. 

53 minutes ago, Overread said:

Aelves pretty much hate Chaos with the same fever that Elves hate Chaos in 40K. Which is to say that no sane aelf would EVER ally with Chaos EVER.

Malarion I think is a means toward having some draconic/chaos style models without them being tied to Chaos. Also don't forget he's the primary ruler of the realm of Shadow and an ally of Morathi and she is 100% as anti-chaos as you can pretty much get. She'd certainly never tolerate, let alone ally with him if there was even a whiff of chaos.

No he's not chaos, but at the same time he's in it for himself. We still don't know the real reason he gifted Sigmar the Arena where his Stormcast can train endlessly without harm or death. 

3 words for you: Cult of Pleasure

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

Malerion is himself a god (after becoming the incarnate of the lore of shadows and being consumed by the warp at the end of end times) so couldn’t be corrupted by chaos. Morathi on the other hand has become a Demi god (basically a greater daemon in her own right) and could be corrupted to chaos. 

Not that I’m convinced it’d happen, but who knows where the lore will go in the next story arch. 

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Aelves pretty much hate Chaos with the same fever that Elves hate Chaos in 40K. Which is to say that no sane aelf would EVER ally with Chaos EVER

Morathi was Slaanesh’s High Priestess hiding among the Elves with her Pleasure cults for years before they started retconning her evilness away to being slightly mad and grieving woman  who worshiped Atharti (basically the elven goddess not-Slaanesh instead.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonnyTheKing said:

On the warhammer weekly show this week Tom said he had heard that the next battletome would be Seraphon in May and that Slyvaneth would follow in June alongside the looncurse box.

We also have forbidden Power and warcry coming soon. 

We have pretty good evidence that Sylvaneth are on the way.  The evidence for Seraphon is more anecdotal,  but it is a book they could update fairly easily. 

Those releases would take us to at least July. 

Edited by Chikout

50 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Morathi was Slaanesh’s High Priestess hiding among the Elves with her Pleasure cults for years before they started retconning her evilness away to being slightly mad and grieving woman  who worshiped Atharti (basically the elven goddess not-Slaanesh instead.)

Also its one thing to dedicate yourself to a Chaos God for power - quite another when the god instead of blessing you, EATS you. The Pleasure Cults were certainly a thing of the past, but right now I figure neither wants anything from the Chaos Gods. Heck Malarion is already godlike in his own right now and Morathi, whilst not having all that same power, has had her body so heavily twisted and tormented by Slaanesh that she'd never align with them again. 

Both characters basically got burned and this is before we consider that the whole world they knew was blasted away by Chaos. They got burned hard and that is likely a wound that won't ever heal for them. So I figure they are in against the Chaos forces for the long haul. Of course in time we might see them break away from Orders general "nice" aspect on life, but then Grand Alliance Order was never about the "good guys"; its about those who oppose Chaos and who build nations. 

I think it's an interesting concept tto be broken that chaos means it has to be somewhat aligned with the current chaos gods. The chaos gods don't care for each other most of the time. It wouldn't be so strange to have one that wants to remove all of them forever.

Order doesn't have everyone aligned with sigmar.

26 minutes ago, Overread said:

Also its one thing to dedicate yourself to a Chaos God for power - quite another when the god instead of blessing you, EATS you. The Pleasure Cults were certainly a thing of the past, but right now I figure neither wants anything from the Chaos Gods. Heck Malarion is already godlike in his own right now and Morathi, whilst not having all that same power, has had her body so heavily twisted and tormented by Slaanesh that she'd never align with them again. 

One does not always have a choice in the matter. Backing out of an alliance/partnership/whatever with any of the gods will rarely work, or lead to happy endings (unless you're Slaaneshi, badum-tsh!) :D 

5 hours ago, Sleboda said:

For instance, I'm a big fan of Skaven. I thought for sure that their book was being pushed because GW was talking time to get a new model range ready. Nope! I was wrong, but the book was great anyway.

Note, too, that Skaven is a chaos power, and they didn't get any new demons - just one new mortal unit in the whole book. Plus, they lost a relatively new model.

Still great.

You're a glass half full kinda guy, huh.

We don't take kindly to your kind 'round these parts.

• Haha 2

The rumor is strongly pointing at Sylvaneth next with a decently big release:

https://spikeybits.com/2019/04/rumors-new-models-battletome-for-sylvaneth-in-may.html

I have no idea why Sylvaneth now, as others seem more in need of updates and adding new characters to a faction with 50% characters as models seems strange as well, so taking it with some salt I think.

30 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I have no idea why Sylvaneth now, as others seem more in need of updates and adding new characters to a faction with 50% characters as models seems strange as well, so taking it with some salt I think.

It's not just about the "need" for a faction to be updated, the relative popularity of the faction needs to be accounted for as well. It's basic return of investment.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

The war cry sculpts were designed prior to war cry as a game coming into existence. Originally intended to be for a darkoath release, but now repurposed to allow for an AoS killteam. 

Yeah I'm going to ask for some hint of a source on that one as well. We know that was the case with Shadespire and ETB kits so it sounds like speculation dressed up or rumour reverb.

Looking at the Iron Golems, I'm struggling to see how they could have been sculpted as a line infantry box for a new army, like kairic acolytes or namarti thralls or whoever; you have a mix of weapons, a non-standard unit size and the inclusion of dwarfs and ogres. There's also a fair bit of aesthetic space between them and the beast hunters (who have the same issues when it comes to looking like an infantry box).

I think it's likely darkoath was planned for a release this year but they ended up making warcry as part of that release. 

I really hope darkoath are like slaves and can work on any chaos god army. I'm a bit concerned they might cut that part out.

Edited by Riavan

Well that @HollowHills rumour is exactly what I guessed might be the case a couple of pages ago. I hope I'm not his source. 

It does sound believable though. I'm not sure exactly how they build out the units but they probably start with a bunch of concepts and mock ups of individual figures. 

If they had too many good ideas to fit into the two or three infantry units a battletome usually gets, it is easy to imagine how Warcry might have come about. 

1 hour ago, Yokai said:

It's not just about the "need" for a faction to be updated, the relative popularity of the faction needs to be accounted for as well. It's basic return of investment.

Sylvaneth also are running off outdated “chapter tactics”. The old version forces you into a specific battalion, the new ones give you the keywords and abilities no matter what you’re running. In that aspect at least sylvaneth needed an update (Kharadrons, for example, already use the new system).

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

The rumor is strongly pointing at Sylvaneth next with a decently big release:

https://spikeybits.com/2019/04/rumors-new-models-battletome-for-sylvaneth-in-may.html

Urgh! Spikey Bits rumour. I even had to click on the link just to see if there was an actual rumour before I replied with my assumption that there wouldn't be and I saw nothing but speculation. Just remember, Spikey Bits is all about getting ad revenue which I unfortunately gave them :( 

To save anybody clicking, this is roughly what it says....

Slyvaneth will be getting the following:

• Book
  • Terrain Piece
  • Dice
  • Release in May

Which, If I'm honest, I would guess is going to happen anyway 9_9

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

The war cry sculpts were designed prior to war cry as a game coming into existence. Originally intended to be for a darkoath release, but now repurposed to allow for an AoS killteam. 

Do you have a source? I'm tempted to agree with you as we know that GW tend to make the models first and then come up with the rules and background after. Thinking about it, I don't think there was a Darkoath release and Warcry is it.

8 hours ago, Chikout said:

On the warhammer weekly show this week Tom said he had heard that the next battletome would be Seraphon in May and that Slyvaneth would follow in June alongside the looncurse box.

We also have forbidden Power and warcry coming soon. 

We have pretty good evidence that Sylvaneth are on the way.  The evidence for Seraphon is more anecdotal,  but it is a book they could update fairly easily. 

Those releases would take us to at least July. 

This sounds very likely and I think is what we will see in May for the reveals at Warhammer Fest and Games Expo. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Urgh! Spikey Bits rumour. I even had to click on the link just to see if there was an actual rumour before I replied with my assumption that there wouldn't be and I saw nothing but speculation. Just remember, Spikey Bits is all about getting ad revenue which I unfortunately gave them :( 

To save anybody clicking, this is roughly what it says....

Slyvaneth will be getting the following:

• Book
  • Terrain Piece
  • Dice
  • Release in May

Which, If I'm honest, I would guess is going to happen anyway 9_9

Do you have a source? I'm tempted to agree with you as we know that GW tend to make the models first and then come up with the rules and background after. Thinking about it, I don't think there was a Darkoath release and Warcry is it.

This sounds very likely and I think is what we will see in May for the reveals at Warhammer Fest and Games Expo. 

Sylvaneth will probably also get 1 new mini with the Looncurse box. Atleast this seems the trend with those boxes.

If each of the Warcry warbands are plastic unit boxes. Chaos mortals will get atleast 6 new mortal units. 😄

9 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Sylvaneth will probably also get 1 new mini with the Looncurse box. Atleast this seems the trend with those boxes.

Completely forgot about that one! Yes, there will be a new model there :D 

9 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

If each of the Warcry warbands are plastic unit boxes. Chaos mortals will get atleast 6 new mortal units. 😄

I think that's how players will need to look at it. Will be interesting if GW release a Everchosen book which will cover Archaon and what will be StD/Mortals/Darkoath but I'm not holding my hopes up.

Dark Oath seems like one of those groups that got added in the early days and now GW is half running around working out what to do with them - esp as Dark Oak were very similar to the more mortal end of Slaves to Darkness. Heck in Warqueen the novella we see Dark Oath basically join up with Chaos warriors come the end. To me it says that we might see Dark Oath in terms of a subfaction or group of named units within Slaves to Darkness as a single core army. That would make more sense than having a two Chaos factions that sort of cover the same ground. 

Still I hope that we see a Slaves to Darkness release around the time we get Warcry or soon after - it would make the most sense to maximise the potential interest in Warcry. 

Also I'd rather see a Destruction Battletome instead of Seraphon earlier - if just because whilst Destruction got a really great Tome in Gloomspite, the rest of the Alliance is currently unsupported and has big question marks over its future. Plus its now the only Grand Alliance with only one 2.0 compatible army. Give them another Tome GW and then come back to the others