The Rumour Thread

40 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Not sure where is "clear" dropping of the ball is. To me, this new book looks like a major home run.

From a rules perspective yeah they seem to have knocked it out of the park, but from a modelling perspective we got the complimentary spells and terrain that every army is getting, a resculpt of two really old models and two new models. Meanwhile they axed two of our 3 mortal units. The other 3 main chaos gods have had larger releases with mortals included and with the exception of maybe tzeench, have had big story hooks with their army release. While it's not dropping the ball when compared to smaller and newer armies like fyreslayers, slaanesh is one of the four main chaos gods and has existed as an "army" for years so there is a precedent to follow there.

12 minutes ago, azmodan said:

Damn,

Wanted to stop this topic, but I just added fuel to fire. Learn how to Internet :p.

Anyway after preview, slaanesh look like A unique army with many interesting abilities. And your opponnent may react to them somehow. I really like it,i imagine I will have a lot of fun playing with plastic soldiers yay :)

Stop trying to backseat moderate then. This probably would have died down already if many of the responses to the complaints weren't either deliberate misrepresentations of the complaint or little more than "Not my army, I don't care, stop talking about things I don't care about".

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

... from a modelling perspective we got the complimentary spells and terrain that every army is getting, a resculpt of two really old models and two new models. Meanwhile they axed two of our 3 mortal units.

The new Keeper and Fiends are awesome, and (maybe I'm on the fringe here) I like demonettes a lot. I think this army is going to be gorgeous in the table.

As to the axed units, what do you mean?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sleboda said:

The new Keeper and Fiends are awesome, and (maybe I'm on the fringe here) I like demonettes a lot. I think this army is going to be gorgeous in the table.

As to the axed units, what do you mean?

before we had 3 mortal units, those being hellstriders and 2 flavours of lord. The two lords are getting axed. Meanwhile the 3 other chaos gods still have 8+ mortal options with khorne having in the ballpark of 20 counting all the hero variants. And I agree the resculpts are gorgeous and that daemonettes are a good sculpt. 

Um just a point but most Codex/Battletomes don't come with any major story.

In fact the vast majority are just bog standard "here's how the army is now"; there's no major story event, no major huge change to the lore. Typically that's a rarity that is the exception rather than the norm. Nothing happened in Daughters of Khaine, or Skaven, or Flesheaters - the vast majority are just army books and factions. So sure there's no huge Slaanesh story event, save that the chains are breaking, which is pretty major in itself. If you want the lore and stories you wait for major campaigns or books from Black Library 

Granted, I didn't catch the stream, but how does leaving them out of the book mean they are gone?

They still have warscrolls and the Slaanesh keyword, so they are 100% legit, without even having to use allies. Right?

Armies are more than just the units in a single Battletome.

I mean, I just played in a major tournament against a Nurgle army that had a non-allied war mammoth in it, and that thing certainly isn't in Maggotkin. Not seeing the issue.

Edited by Sleboda

2 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Granted, I didn't catch the stream, but how does leaving them out of the book mean they are gone?

They still have warscrolls and the Slaanesh keyword, so they are 100% legit, without even having to use allies. Right?

Tell that to the fyreslayers.... Jokes aside they are really old models so I'm not surprised, we'll have to see if the warscrolls stay around in the app and on the webstore. Still sends a bad message across regarding slaanesh mortals.

4 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I mean, I just played in a major tournament against a Nurgle army that had a non-allied war mammoth in it, and that thing certainly isn't in Maggotkin. Not seeing the issue.

The "issue" (more of a gripe really) is that every god army can take StD stuff but aside from slaanesh the others have a good few mortal choices unique to them while we don't.

• Like 2

So anyway..

Anyone got some interesting knowledge/rumour or wishes for Forbidden power and Warcry? Maybe im a bit slow here but just discovered that the twin pyramid piece with magic energy between them from Forbidden Powers is the similar to the piece used for Nightvaults scenery. Whatever they means I guess that for at least this piece we can rule out that it is not an endless spell. So following this thought Im starting to think that maybe Forbidden powers isn’t endless spells at all OR maybe its a different kind of endless spells that summon scenery. 

Or maybe its small scenery options that will have a point cost generic for all factions to use.

D70F2F4D-BA0A-4CDE-A8C6-FC5F854A7F3E.jpeg

CBDCF5BE-0791-47F1-91A6-F7C1BFAA787E.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Greasygeek said:

So anyway..

Anyone got some interesting knowledge/rumour or wishes for Forbidden power and Warcry? Maybe im a bit slow here but just discovered that the twin pyramid piece with magic energy between them from Forbidden Powers is the similar to the piece used for Nightvaults scenery. Whatever they means I guess that for at least this piece we can rule out that it is not an endless spell. So following this thought Im starting to think that maybe Forbidden powers isn’t endless spells at all OR maybe its a different kind of endless spells that summon scenery. 

Or maybe its small scenery options that will have a point cost generic for all factions to use.

D70F2F4D-BA0A-4CDE-A8C6-FC5F854A7F3E.jpeg

CBDCF5BE-0791-47F1-91A6-F7C1BFAA787E.jpeg

Since it's on a base I'd say it's either an endless spell or some new game mechanic.

45 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

The "issue" (more of a gripe really) is that every god army can take StD stuff but aside from slaanesh the others have a good few mortal choices unique to them while we don't.

I keep seeing this, and it still baffles me. Sure, do we all want more and more stuff? And does it make us jealous when others get more than we do? Yep! 

Still, that doesn't mean what we get is bad, lacking, poor, incomplete, substandard, etc.

Why not just enjoy the awesomeness to come?

For instance, I'm a big fan of Skaven. I thought for sure that their book was being pushed because GW was talking time to get a new model range ready. Nope! I was wrong, but the book was great anyway.

Note, too, that Skaven is a chaos power, and they didn't get any new demons - just one new mortal unit in the whole book. Plus, they lost a relatively new model.

Still great.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, King Taloren said:

I think that’s partly because you guys did blow up Morrsleibb so they might not have forgotten about that.

Well if it weren’t for us, the fish-things would still be a tale only to be told, the age of Sigmar would never have began, Slaanesh and Khorne mortals would either not exist or only in a slave to darkness army (or better said non of any of those new faction would have probably ever existed) and lastly you all would be dead, if it weren’t for our Eshin hired Assassins destroying that pyramid (definitely on purpose)

So praise the horned Rat!

Praise mighty Skreech Verminking!! 

And bow your knee before the true children of chaos!!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

So anyway..

Or maybe its small scenery options that will have a point cost generic for all factions to use

I spotted that too, it's interesting to me cos the terrain bits for Underworlds are not on individual sprues, so perhaps they're reusing the Underworlds sprue and giving the components AoS rules?  Or maybe they're just using the CAD file for that particular component for whatever reason.

29 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I keep seeing this, and it still baffles me. Sure, do we all want more and more stuff? And does it make us jealous when others get more than we do? Yep! 

Still, that doesn't mean what we get is bad, lacking, poor, incomplete, substandard, etc.

Why not just enjoy the awesomeness to come?

For instance, I'm a big fan of Skaven. I thought for sure that their book was being pushed because GW was talking time to get a new model range ready. Nope! I was wrong, but the book was great anyway.

Note, too, that Skaven is a chaos power, and they didn't get any new demons - just one new mortal unit in the whole book. Plus, they lost a relatively new model.

Still great.

I mean to be fair Slaanesh is one of the big 4 and is compared to the other 3 as such, the horned rat just kinda joined the boyband during the end times and got shoe horned in. Plus skaven have a large roster of units, slaanesh being a decades old army does not. Slaanesh arguably has the least units of all the old armies.  

Edit: I should add the caveat that for a long while all of chaos was basically one army, but once they splintered off slaanesh got shafted compared to the other 3 only getting one mortal unit and two mortal heroes, one being a named character (who was quickly demoted to nameless ****** like vlad or queek because like 90% of characters they got the axe in the end times) .  As for daemons every god has a lesser daemon, 1-2 heralds, a greater daemon and 1-2 "monster" daemons like fiends and flamers. Of course this isn't including cavalry/chariots like seekers and bloodcrushers. So the disparity is purely in mortal representation, which is kinda a major longstanding aspect of the armies of chaos since their inception.

Edited by Lucky Snake Eyes

51 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

So anyway..

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/28/breaking-news-dark-power-unleashed/

It does specifically say endless spells but there’s also the broken ruins there that just appear to be scenery so maybe it’s a mix. It also says there’s something for all play styles but I’m guessing they assume you’re interested in endless spells and therefor your play style must include them in some way.

27 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

I mean to be fair Slaanesh is one of the big 4 and is compared to the other 3 as such, the horned rat just kinda joined the boyband during the end times and got shoe horned in. Plus skaven have a large roster of units, slaanesh being a decades old army does not. Slaanesh arguably has the least units of all the old armies.  

Edit: I should add the caveat that for a long while all of chaos was basically one army, but once they splintered off slaanesh got shafted compared to the other 3 only getting one mortal unit and two mortal heroes, one being a named character (who was quickly demoted to nameless ****** like vlad or queek because like 90% of characters they got the axe in the end times) .  As for daemons every god has a lesser daemon, 1-2 heralds, a greater daemon and 1-2 "monster" daemons like fiends and flamers. Of course this isn't including cavalry/chariots like seekers and bloodcrushers. So the disparity is purely in mortal representation, which is kinda a major longstanding aspect of the armies of chaos since their inception.

I mean slaneesh isn't one of the big four. Unless he has actually been released from the prision he is missing from the pantheon.

I have a feeling that we are eventually getting slaneeshi looking malerion elves. Who may or may not be chaos. Which is why gw may not have released mortals.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

I mean to be fair Slaanesh is one of the big 4 and is compared to the other 3 as such, (1)the horned rat just kinda joined the boyband during the end times and got shoe horned in.(2) Plus skaven have a large roster of units, slaanesh being a decades old army does not. Slaanesh arguably has the least units of all the old armies.  

(1)Well actually it was the other way round, see the Great horned rat already Was a Part of his own great chaotic game, but sadly those fool-things who call themselves gods as well joined him thinking that they are much much better then him.

Sadly this will be their downfall,

yes-Yes.

(2)and still 75% of our range is made out of finecast, metal or has that old funky mutated monkey look.

Discontinue all of Hose bad looking models, and the only thing left would be the verminus clan which counts 5units (2units and 2heros), 3masterclan models (all hero’s), Stormfiends, a cannon, a Doomwheel and a hell pit abomination.

Sure it’s more then some very early armies have, but believe me, without the rest the skaven range, they would feel like nothing.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Just now, Riavan said:

I mean slaneesh isn't one of the big four. Unless he has actually been released from the prision he is missing from the pantheon.

I have a feeling that we are eventually getting slaneeshi looking malerion elves. Who may or may not be chaos. Which is why gw may not have released mortals.

Aelves pretty much hate Chaos with the same fever that Elves hate Chaos in 40K. Which is to say that no sane aelf would EVER ally with Chaos EVER.

Malarion I think is a means toward having some draconic/chaos style models without them being tied to Chaos. Also don't forget he's the primary ruler of the realm of Shadow and an ally of Morathi and she is 100% as anti-chaos as you can pretty much get. She'd certainly never tolerate, let alone ally with him if there was even a whiff of chaos.

No he's not chaos, but at the same time he's in it for himself. We still don't know the real reason he gifted Sigmar the Arena where his Stormcast can train endlessly without harm or death. 

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Aelves pretty much hate Chaos with the same fever that Elves hate Chaos in 40K. Which is to say that no sane aelf would EVER ally with Chaos EVER.

Malarion I think is a means toward having some draconic/chaos style models without them being tied to Chaos. Also don't forget he's the primary ruler of the realm of Shadow and an ally of Morathi and she is 100% as anti-chaos as you can pretty much get. She'd certainly never tolerate, let alone ally with him if there was even a whiff of chaos.

No he's not chaos, but at the same time he's in it for himself. We still don't know the real reason he gifted Sigmar the Arena where his Stormcast can train endlessly without harm or death. 

I understand all this. Who knows how sane he is or how sane the Aelves are the the has made.

I think dok already give this kind of feel to order. I'm unsure if malerion will follow suite or will have more of a story.