The Rumour Thread

Also this

Limits are 
1000pts 1-4 Leaders 2+ Battleline 0-2 Artillery 0-2 Behemoths any other units 
2000pts 1-6 Leaders 3+ Battleline 0-4 Artillery 0-4 Behemoths any other units 
2500pts 1-8 Leaders 4+ Battleline 0-5 Artillery 0-5 Behemoths any other units

43 minutes ago, Mouldie said:

Am I the only one that sees the rules as making the game easier?

It kind of feels like, if you play WoW you'll get this reference, matched play is LFR and open play is like doing a heroic or mythic raid.

LFR takes out a lot of game mechanics making it easier to jump in while the others take a lot more thinking and better gear.

So far we have auto fails so nothing can ever auto hit or auto save, no more duplicate spells, which is kind of a huge bummer to death players (I play Nurgle so don't think I'm a zombie spammer) and no more procing extra extra off extra attacks (honestly don't care about that as I didn't know any unit could do that)

Summoning is broken still but on the other side of things, why would. I bother saving 300 points just to deploy later during a hero phase without a bonus. There is very little risk reward to it. I'm not saying that it didn't need to be fixed, I've heard the horror stories buy at least make summonable units cost half points if they are in reserve (most likely will make that a house rule)

All these nerfs make Nagash a puppy but he still has a 900 point cost? Which is kind of dumb because now you won't be playing him on hard mode.

Limits on unit types is a good idea as long as I don't have to make a plague priest my general to bring my monks as battle line or something dumb like that.

All in all the new rules make it so the game punishes you a bit for being magic heavy.

Have to wait and see the book for myself but my wife is wicked pissed about the changes because she just bought Nagash so she could use him during the campaign and he's been hit with the Nerf bat hard.

Well, imo summon goes from spam tô strategic. Why would You set 300pts. Apart? Well You can deploy on first turn some units at 9" from a target. That said, You got a Good point on nagash. Dam...

I dunno, Nagash still looks like a beast to me even within these limitations. He's a tank, can heal himself, is a beatstick, is a wizard, and can make the entire army immune to Battleshock. It is weird he can potentially cast 5 spells...but due to the new rules it looks like he can only cast 4 due to repeats. It also appears he can still double units.

Update: summoning isn't that bad

" have confirmed that summoning works as I said yesterday. You pay points only for bringing new units to battlefield so undead are safe with their standards returning models previously slain in battle.

Deep striking units are same as now.

Rules like phoenix returning on a 4+ work as written, you dont pay summon points for bringing it back to life, its part of model cost you pay at the start.

In addition to new Sylvaneth units there are also new units for orks and some renamed units for ogres in new yet unrevealed battletome"

1466797163940.jpg

• Like 2

Nagash knows every death spell on the table plus summoning spells so dont worry running out of spells. ?

Plus isnt he a bit cheaper compared to SCGT and Clash with similar restrictions where he were used by top players?

Edited by Andreas
typo

28 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Nagash knows every death spell on the table plus summoning spells so dont worry running out of spells. ?

Plus isnt he a bit cheaper compared to SCGT and Clash with similar restrictions where he were used by top players?

But you will run out of spells...unless you have a large reserve of summons. The new rule of one allows you to only attempt each spell once.

also the new summon system is weird as of now. I have a single necromancer and put a banshee and a unit of zombies as my summoning pool. Turn one, he fails summoning banshee, turn two he is dead. Well that are X points I did not even get to play. And this only gets worse talking about Venator and Vexxillor teleport, capable of taking aout maybe the only summoner before he gets to even try.

The rules of one are big nerfs to Death. The proc one is too harsh on Tomb Kings as Righteous Smiting is their raison d'etre (SCGT hit the sweet spot there).

The no double casting spells cripples Nagash and makes Arkhan pointless - their ability to double cast other Wizards' spells is integral. At least Nagash will be cheaper, but more fun to have him at full power at higher cost.

Stormcast are already the number 2 army and aren't affected negatively by the rules of one - they could "cast" 3 Warding Lanterns automatically while enemy can only "try to cast" mystic shield once - big imbalance.

39 minutes ago, Túrbóbelja said:

But you will run out of spells...unless you have a large reserve of summons. The new rule of one allows you to only attempt each spell once.

also the new summon system is weird as of now. I have a single necromancer and put a banshee and a unit of zombies as my summoning pool. Turn one, he fails summoning banshee, turn two he is dead. Well that are X points I did not even get to play. And this only gets worse talking about Venator and Vexxillor teleport, capable of taking aout maybe the only summoner before he gets to even try.

Yeah I read now that can only try one time, thought it was cast one time. That is a big nerf on magic.

For your second statement if you build your strategy on summoning then one summoner wount be enought (or too high risk) but that's more about list building, strategy, considering risk vs reward etc... than broken rules. Or it all depends how you see it, that is how i see it.

7 minutes ago, James McPherson said:

I saw this somewhere too (which confirms legacy warscrolls)

- Bretonnia
Louen 400 p.ts

Knights Errant 200 p.ts/8 models
Knights of the Realm 220 p.ts/8 models

-Dwarfs
Flamecannon 200 p.ts

- Warriors of Chaos
Hellcannon 300 p.ts
Archaon 320 p.ts

Stop! My ***** can only get so erect!

Edited by SuperHappyTime

6 minutes ago, Nico said:

The return of the Hellcannon will be greeted by joy from all comers....

The hellcannon has always been legal

He also posted that 3 varanguard are 360pts, I haven't been keeping up with the small stuff.

Anyone who wants to beg for more pics/info should head over to the Age of Sigmar general on http://boards.4chan.org/tg/catalog that's where the leaker has been posting to. He hasn't been super active today but it'll do you way more good than posting here since he is remaining anonymous.

59 minutes ago, Nico said:

The rules of one are big nerfs to Death. The proc one is too harsh on Tomb Kings as Righteous Smiting is their raison d'etre (SCGT hit the sweet spot there).

The no double casting spells cripples Nagash and makes Arkhan pointless - their ability to double cast other Wizards' spells is integral. At least Nagash will be cheaper, but more fun to have him at full power at higher cost.

Stormcast are already the number 2 army and aren't affected negatively by the rules of one - they could "cast" 3 Warding Lanterns automatically while enemy can only "try to cast" mystic shield once - big imbalance.

This lacks most of the respective points and as such is an incomplete analysis.

We should hold off claiming best army before all the info is out.

On 23/06/2016 at 10:52 PM, Bass294 said:

You can decide to spent any of those points on summoning. So lets say you take 700 points on field and 300 points are "held in reserve: as summoning.
You summon any unit within said 300 points limit later in game. Points are used for summon so no recycling.

Wait, does that mean I wouldn't be selecting which units are going into a summoning pool but just saying I've got X points of summoning? So i could decide in game which summons I'd like to try to cast based on what the opponents fielded? This feels like the weirdness buff nerf

2 hours ago, BobTheKnight said:

Wait, does that mean I wouldn't be selecting which units are going into a summoning pool but just saying I've got X points of summoning? So i could decide in game which summons I'd like to try to cast based on what the opponents fielded? This feels like the weirdness buff nerf

As far as i got it. You make your list and when You start playing you set some units out of the table and just say "these units are for summoning"

3 hours ago, pforson said:

How does unit size work?

The table just lists min/max unit size and one point cost. Why would anyone take less than max if the cost is the same?

I can't imagine this will be true. Everything else we've seen about matched play seems to tightening up the balance. That'd just be daft. 

6 hours ago, pforson said:

How does unit size work?

The table just lists min/max unit size and one point cost. Why would anyone take less than max if the cost is the same?

According to my old store manager the unit sizes are based on the size they are sold in. So one unit is one box and if you want to have more you do it by adding another box. If there's demand for it I guess people will just divide the unit point cost by the number of figures in the box. This might be useful for when boxes have 10 or more models in them.