One more painting wip

Shyvax

Hi guys, 

I paused my Warhammer Quest painting progress, to move on with my first Age of Sigmar army.

Playing once a week with a friend for the last couple of weeks, and we love it so far.

i chose the flesh eaters.... Just love their background story. I used to collect Bret, so I felt like a continuation :-)

here is some pics, I'll try to post as often as I can.... But my hobby time is limited.

IMG_5620.JPG

IMG_5622.JPG

IMG_5624.JPG

IMG_5646.JPG

IMG_5688.JPG

IMG_5689.JPG

IMG_5690.JPG

IMG_5692.JPG

IMG_5749.JPG

IMG_5802.JPG

IMG_5803.JPG

IMG_5807.JPG

IMG_5808.JPG

Okay here is a rough step by step image.

Starting from the first mini on the left, airbrush ushabti bone, then paint doombull brown on fur, then reikland wash on skin, and aggrax on fur.

after everything dried, I start a first highlight with ushabti on skin, and doombull on fur.

then second level on finer highlight with pallid flesh and skrag brown on fur.

for the finish, I apply a red glaze on head, hands and feet. Then a purple one to intensify some areas, as well as the scars and under the eyes. Then blood effect from GW on mouth, and hands.

final touch before basing is yellow eyes and a black dot in the middle. 

That's it really. Fairly straight forward :-)

IMG_5889.JPG

IMG_5890.JPG

• 1 month later...

awesome stuff. If I ever decide to paint a flesh eater court I would want something similar to this. The pale skintone with all those different tones from the washes look great. And your use of the blood effect is subtle enough to be believable and really nice and gory.  keep up the good work. looking forward to the dragon

Archived