Priest Spells

Lior'Lec

Hey, been thinking about starting up a narrative focus game/campaign and wanted to get some quick input on an idea. This is just a rough idea theory at the moment but I need people’s opinions to make sure it wouldn’t throw game balance off too much before proposing it to my opponent. 

What I’m thinking about is playing a campaign and allowing faction specific endless spells to be cast by the faction’s priests (rather than their wizards) with all other rules intact. So if the priest cast an endless spell he cast it just like he’s a wizard. It can be dispelled by other priests, and cannot cast another prayer that turn. Malign Sorcery and Forbidden Power endless spells are still cast by wizards as normal. Heroes who gain the wizard or priest keywords from allegiance abilities or artifacts can dispel endless spells of their type.

Thoughts? Would it be too drastic of a change? Throw off game balance too much? Can anyone thing of any potential issues or conflicts that might come up? Or anything to possibly improve it?

This section of the forum is more suited to discussing the actual game rules, abilities and interpretations more than anyone’s custom rules. You might have better luck in narrative open play section asking about this. 

The rules sound interesting but there are a couple of factions which have no priests. destruction has no priest units at all and Death only has Nagash with the priest keyword. Khorne’s, Pestilens and the Chaos warshrine are only priests in chaos. So this might turn out very unbalanced when you see how many factions could actually use that kind of rule. The biggest problem is the factions with endless spells and no priest to cast them. Which is everyone but Stormcast, skaven pestilens and Nagash. Because Khorne and Fyreslayer have priests because theirs are cast by priests already.

Edited by King Taloren

@Kramer I was trying to get my normal opponents interested in something besides the same boring basic battle every game. We were going to play a small campaign and I was just wanting to give it a heavier focus on endless spells but my opponents didn’t have appropriate minis. However it ended up being a moot point as @King Taloren pointed out; I didn’t realize when I posted the original question just how few factions have priests. We had players for Stormcast, Khorne, Nighthuant, and Greenskins/Soup Orcs. The whole campaign idea was scrapped now anyway so it doesn’t matter.

I like the game, but I’m more interested in the hobby/painting than playing aspects I think. My normal opponents won’t play with battleplans or auxiliary rules, and If I don’t find a way to reignite my interest in the game itself soon (all i want to play are small skirmishes which the rules just do not favor) I’ll drop it and just stick to painting for fun.