2000 Point Mixed Destruction List (Help Requested)

Baron_Bathory

Hey boyos!

Got a game coming up on Sunday against some DISGUSTING Stormcast nonsense. Was wondering if you guys can help me out with a list. Don't have enough Ironjawz painted yet to make a full IJ list, so I thought I'd incorporate some in a Destruction alliance list. Let me know what you guys think:

Heroes

Frostlord On Stonehorn
- General
- Ethereal Amulet
- Might Is Right

Megaboss on Foot

Warboss on Wyvern
- Hand Weapon/Shield

Arachnarok with Shaman
- Chronomatic Cogs

Core

40 Orruk Boyz
- 2 Choppas
- Full Command

10 Orruk Boyz
- Whatever (objective fodder)

10 Savage Orruk Boyz

Special

10 Brutes
- Boss
- 7 Gore Hackas
- 2 Gore Choppas

2000 on the dot.

I think the Frostlord's immutable 3+ save (from amulet) and half wounds is going to be a massive nuisance. The 40 orruks are quite the hitters for a bottom tier core unit. 4+/4+/-1 Rend and 2 attacks each until they're knocked down below 20 is pretty awesome. Addition of the Warboss on Wyvern's WAAAGH! makes it 3 attacks each. Not too shabby for 280 points. Double weapon makes them re-roll 1's to hit. I'd rather shield but I don't have them built that way unfortunately. My biggest challenge is going to be keeping everything alive until they charge. I haven't played the game in a while, anything I should be weary of regarding stormcast? Should I switch anything out? let me know.

Thanks gents!

Edited by Baron_Bathory

1 hour ago, Baron_Bathory said:

Hey boyos!

Got a game coming up on Sunday against some DISGUSTING Stormcast nonsense. Was wondering if you guys can help me out with a list. Don't have enough Ironjawz painted yet to make a full IJ list, so I thought I'd incorporate some in a Destruction alliance list. Let me know what you guys think:

Heroes

Frostlord On Stonehorn
- General
- Ethereal Amulet
- Might Is Right

Megaboss on Foot

Warboss on Wyvern
- Hand Weapon/Shield

Arachnarok with Shaman
- Chronomatic Cogs

Core

40 Orruk Boyz
- 2 Choppas
- Full Command

10 Orruk Boyz

10 Savage Orruk Boyz

Special

10 Brutes
- Boss
- 7 Gore Hackas
- 2 Gore Choppas

2000 on the dot.

I think the Frostlord's immutable 3+ save (from amulet) and half wounds is going to be a massive nuisance. The 40 orruks are quite the hitters for a bottom tier core unit. 4+/4+/-1 Rend and 2 attacks each until they're knocked down below 20 is pretty awesome. Addition of the Warboss on Wyvern's WAAAGH! makes it 3 attacks each. Not too shabby for 280 points. Double weapon makes them re-roll 1's to hit. I'd rather shield but I don't have them built that way unfortunately. My biggest challenge is going to be keeping everything alive until they charge. I haven't played the game in a while, anything I should be weary of regarding stormcast? Should I switch anything out? let me know.

Thanks gents!

What alternative models do you have lying around?  All in all seems a fun list. Maybe  Orruk warboss would work quite well here. It’s waaagh ability triggers on ORRUK instead of IronJawz. So more available units to help trigger it. 

Also if you give the shaman the Arachne cauldron it knows all the gloom spite got spells + bonus to cast its spells. Might be a fun addition if you can find a suitable proxy model and somewhere to borrow the spell rules. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

What alternative models do you have lying around?  All in all seems a fun list. Maybe  Orruk warboss would work quite well here. It’s waaagh ability triggers on ORRUK instead of IronJawz. So more available units to help trigger it. 

Also if you give the shaman the Arachne cauldron it knows all the gloom spite got spells + bonus to cast its spells. Might be a fun addition if you can find a suitable proxy model and somewhere to borrow the spell rules. 

Hey thanks for the response!

I have a whole bunch of orc and goblin models of all kinds.

50 or so ardboyz, most shamans (not the new Malign Portents one), chariots, etc. Boar boyz, wolf riders. 30 Savage archers, 20 savage boyz. I have a bunch of old moonclan models, mostly boyz, champions, shamans, mangler squigs. Have 2 catapults, 2 bolt throwers, 2 doom divers. Warboss on foot with flag. About 9 trolls. (I'm thinking of dropping the wyvern for the trolls, 240 points is steep for a good command ablity. I mean the wyvern is a great support unit, im just not sure how I should play him here.) That's about it really. Aside from what's in my list that's all I have painted. That's a great point about the Arachnarok, I'll check that out. What book is that item in?

Edited by Baron_Bathory
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baron_Bathory said:

Hey thanks for the response!

I have a whole bunch of orc and goblin models of all kinds.

50 or so ardboyz, most shamans (not the new Malign Portents one), chariots, etc. Boar boyz, wolf riders. 30 Savage archers, 20 savage boyz. I have a bunch of old moonclan models, mostly boyz, champions, shamans, mangler squigs. Have 2 catapults, 2 bolt throwers, 2 doom divers. Warboss on foot with flag. About 9 trolls. (I'm thinking of dropping the wyvern for the trolls, 240 points is steep for a good command ablity. I mean the wyvern is a great support unit, im just not sure how I should play him here.) That's about it really. Aside from what's in my list that's all I have painted. That's a great point about the Arachnarok, I'll check that out. What book is that item in?

From the app:

9E712F5B-3926-4515-A167-390F519CC0D1.png.0f5b1d85dccdc5968e4470306603b022.png

But it’s one of the gloomspite Gitz endless spells. 

Ill have a think about the options. I like the thought of just going destruction wide. 👍

Aren’t the bolt throwers bad ass at hero killing by the way? I thought people ran them in AoS 1.0.

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

From the app:

9E712F5B-3926-4515-A167-390F519CC0D1.png.0f5b1d85dccdc5968e4470306603b022.png

But it’s one of the gloomspite Gitz endless spells. 

Ill have a think about the options. I like the thought of just going destruction wide. 👍

Aren’t the bolt throwers bad ass at hero killing by the way? I thought people ran them in AoS 1.0.

Ah I see. I don't have that book at the moment. Bolt throwers are great at sniping heroes still. At 120 a piece though I'm not quite sure what to remove for them. Thanks for the feedback :)

7 hours ago, Baron_Bathory said:

Ah I see. I don't have that book at the moment. Bolt throwers are great at sniping heroes still. At 120 a piece though I'm not quite sure what to remove for them. Thanks for the feedback :)

Hmm 120 is a bit much especially because you want two for the re-rolls

The trolls are good though and are well off unsupported. 

Only thing I can think off, but it makes you vulnerable against hero sniping, is dropping the wyvern and Big spider for a Orc warboss and a shaman. That would free up more points for spear chukas/trolls/more boys. That should easily free up 300 points. But that's your call because you know your opponents better than I do. Hope it helped.

Ended up being a major victory for me!

I ended up dropping the night gobbos and wyvern for 6 trolls and 10 orruk arrer boyz. Kind of regret it due to the wyverns fantastic command ability. There was a lot of tricksy stormcast joojoo going  on. However, I managed to get everything into combat pretty fast despite my amount of units. On the right side of the table, my Frostlord obliterated his mounted lord celestant as well as a  couple of core units which my brutes helped with. My 40 orruk boyz pounded his 3 monstrous cavalry (can't remember what they were called). Spider did nothing, died on turn 2 with my trolls on the left side of the board. We rolled duality of death so there were only 2 objectives. He made the fatal mistake of taking his hero off of the one on the left side and swapping another hero in which means his point generation reset to one. At the end of turn 3 he called it realizing there was no way he would be able to kill my Frostlord and recover the points on time. 

Although my victory was due to a mistake on his part regarding not fully understanding the scenario, I still feel I did well despite not outplaying him per se. Was a fun game, I'm currently second on our Ladder playing Destruction Undivided.

For The Horde!