How do you deal with toxic players?

I wanted to question the wider community on dealing with toxic players, as recently (the last 6 to 8 months) one in particular has shown up. 

Prior to this individual turning up we had a small, but dedicated, local AoS community who generally all got on. Not that we were all best friends, but there was always respect and a common honesty for following the rules. 

Then person X arrived. 

Immediately I got bad vibes but I thought it might be down to awkwardness. They presented in quite an untidy and socially unaware way, seemed to have limited life away from warhammer and mentioned anxiety. Again though being "weird" is not a crime. So with the benefit of the doubt I tried to be friendly and welcoming. 

Cue the first game. It was the single most unpleasant experience in gaming I had ever had. Horde units on square bases, pile ins that were meant to be 3' but went to 7', dice rolling without declaration and all sorts of other bad behaviour. 

Fast forward to now and despite the fact person X insists on coming to the local every week, their behaviour is just as bad. I had to play them in a local tournament and it genuinely put me off the hobby for a month. It's made worse by the fact they seem to enjoy taking competitive lists and then cheating on top. 

Several others have now got to the same point and we all refuse to play this person. But, with the local group being small, we are still forced to associate / may be drawn in local tournaments etc. 

We have all tried to call person X out on their behaviour but they refuse to change. They respond extremely badly to any critique no matter how friendly and take it all as a personal attack. They seem to use personal issues with anxiety and the fact they are "transgender" as a shield. (note I only mention this as it relates to the issue of getting their wargaming behaviour to change, please no politics). 

I'm so sick of dealing with this person and it's already impacted my hobby enjoyment. I don't want to get to the point where I lash out verbally. 

Has anyone got any advice or experience in dealing with similar situations? How did you find your zen? 

• Like 2

A few thoughts:

1) Refuse to play them. Social exclusion is harsh, but at the same time you're not their minder and you are not responsible for their upbringing nor eduction. If they refuse to make any changes to improve their behaviour then if the local group refuses to play them then they will naturally either change or move away (either one might come with an evening tantrum). At the very least at the local club level this resolves your issue or means that "that guy" ends up playing the fewer people who do like and get along with them at the club. 

2) Cheating should not be tolerated. At and event call the TO over and have them oversee/deal with the matter. Any decent event should restore order and issue penalties for those caught cheating, esp if they are caught on multiple occasions. 

3) Is there a leader/organiser for your club and events you can talk too. Sometimes people "at the top" can be totally unaware of issues between players when its ont expressly brought to their attention. So when you suddenly have an explosion of stress at a person it comes as a shock and you appear the worse off. So talk to them - express your concern. If a group of you really feel strongly about it then express it, in private of course, as a group (don't say you represent others, show up as a group). 

This is basically kicking it up a level and sometimes people do change when someone "in authority" talks to them as opposed to their peers.

In general I'm of the opinion of improving not excluding, but it sounds like this person isn't interested in changing in the least. This is likely because they still get games, still get wins and basically get what they want from the group; so there's no pressure on them to make a change of behaviour. The above ideas I've presented are about clear application of pressure to force a change. That kicks the ball back to them and puts it fully and clearly in their court without having to be hostile about it nor explode in rage. 

Whatever happens you must maintain your behaviour and dignity. Dont' get drawn into a fight, argument or otherwise combative situation. Be clear, be firm and be fair. If you don't want to play say; if they ask why be honest but don't be mean - sure if they take it bad they take it bad, but its not on you - you are not paid nor required to play them. Also be clear what the issues are, exclusion without reasoning is a very nasty thing, at the very least give them the opportunity to react to pressure to change and the direction for them to be able to make the change; since if they see nothing wrong with their behaviour now they won't be able to see the issues if they are simply excluded without reason. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

You cant do much more than you already have done sadly.

might just be worth you guys considering just not showing up for a while or looking at a new venue or try and find a new group.

walking away from a system or hobby should be your choice, not be driven and forced in to it by someone else.

next few sessions  maybe just sit at home and do hobby. Its still enjoyable clears the mind and means you don't have to look at X.

i get the feeling the other players will know why you're not there, and when a few more take up the same stance it gets to a point where the group organiser  just has to get rid of the guy. 

• Like 1

1) Correct them gently. Each time a roll with no statement of what it is or for is done. Politely ask them what it was for and demand they reroll it and state what it is truly for. If they do not state it before rolling. There is no way for them to argue with this. Your opponent has to be aware of whats going on, even if it is not his turn.  This is a great practice yourself as well and helps you become a more methodical gamer. It will also greatly cut down on misdirection or cheating by claiming the roll is for something else.

2) If something sounds fishy. Look up the warscroll yourself and correct it again. Loudly. Some people forget stuff and are not always malicious about it. This individual sounds like he does. Calling it out loudly and bringing attention to him, even if it makes you uncomfortable, should shame him into mostly playing by the rules.

3) buy a 3" movement widget and  lend it to him for each of his/her pile in's. harder to cheat with one of those and extremely useful in and of itself. 

4) Nuclear option: Stop playing with him completely. Do not publicly lambaste him but if people ask why you don't engage with him be blunt about it. You do not want to make more enemies by being an ****** yourself.

Quite frankly. I have played with a lot of unpleasant individuals don't often end up at option 4. But, I would still give the benefit of the doubt and try 1-3. If public shaming doesn't get through, exclusion might.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The horrible thing is my advice would be just play the people you like and if that can’t be guaranteed at your club play the people you like somewhere else. 

Because you did all you can ask of yourself but on the other hand you don’t want to abandon shop. So I guess don’t go looking for the confrontation but flat out refuse to play. Be honest and upfront about it. You play to have fun, and you don’t have fun playing that opponent. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

I had to play them in a local tournament and it genuinely put me off the hobby for a month. It's made worse by the fact they seem to enjoy taking competitive lists and then cheating on top

I only play tournaments with a players pack. This pack needs to layout things like models must be on rounds and what to do if there is a dispute, cheating, slow play, etc and how to call a judge.

It then falls on the TO not the players to enforce this. It should never fall on players to shame/punish each other.

Everyone has a different personality and get different kinds of enjoyment from the game. No one is right and no one is wrong... but in a tournament the rules need to be enforced. 

Here is an example of a long winded sportsmanship section from a players pack (it doesn’t not need to be this long). 

223DBBE1-CA8D-493D-8A92-EEF5A1AB8F1B.jpeg

Edited by svnvaldez
  • Like 3

We‘re having almost the same issue with one guy (40k) playing Tau. He cheats, he always plays ETC lists and he actively tries to play rules wrong or to forget them to his advantage.

a month ago I had to play at a local tournament with him and he made a „mistake“ in which he did not modify his dice rolls by -1 for moving. I was really annoyed before the game started since I knew it was going to be a waste of time.

So I said LOUDLY THAT HE IS ALREADY KNOWN AS A CHEATER AND THAT HE MUST STOP IT NOW. He became very small and we had a thought and good game (he won, surprise if you bring a ETC list to a narrative event), but it was close. He cheated once again during our game when he thought I wasn‘t watching, I didn‘t care since it was just a „get command point back“ roll and he has those in abundance.

so how to deal with them? Be cruelly honest. That player is still a cheat and I won‘t play him willingly again, but at least s.o. One person told him his opinion. If all people did he would not cheat anymore.

apart from that: your description doesn‘t fit what a toxic Player is. I get toxic (and mad) if the usual 40K bs happens: getting shot to death turn 2 though you played everything’s right

• Like 2

Thanks for the input everyone, some really good comments.

I think what I am taking from the combined thoughts of everyone who has replied is this: I need to be more assertive and actively challenge, even if it does result in some conflict. Ultimately, it's on myself and others to make it clear this behaviour isn't acceptable and ensure it's stamped out. (I say myself and others as we are  those who tend to organise events etc). 

• Like 4

If a direct confrontation is too much (in many cases it would be too much for me to handle) you need to go over the person's head.  At an event, have a talk with the TO.  It's easy enough to speak frankly to a 3rd party.  Maybe there can be a full time referee/judge on-hand for the person's games for a while.  At the local club - is there any hierarchy of club organizers?  Anyone who organizes club game nights or anything?  That person can play a similar role, if maybe with a little less authority.  And often (not always) the sorts of people who take on these leadership roles have at least some of the skillset required to handle a confrontation like this.

15 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Thanks for the input everyone, some really good comments.

I think what I am taking from the combined thoughts of everyone who has replied is this: I need to be more assertive and actively challenge, even if it does result in some conflict. Ultimately, it's on myself and others to make it clear this behaviour isn't acceptable and ensure it's stamped out. (I say myself and others as we are  those who tend to organise events etc). 

Sometimes it is required to escalate a situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheCovenLord said:

1) Correct them gently. Each time a roll with no statement of what it is or for is done. Politely ask them what it was for and demand they reroll it and state what it is truly for. If they do not state it before rolling. There is no way for them to argue with this. Your opponent has to be aware of whats going on, even if it is not his turn.  This is a great practice yourself as well and helps you become a more methodical gamer. It will also greatly cut down on misdirection or cheating by claiming the roll is for something else.

2) If something sounds fishy. Look up the warscroll yourself and correct it again. Loudly. Some people forget stuff and are not always malicious about it. This individual sounds like he does. Calling it out loudly and bringing attention to him, even if it makes you uncomfortable, should shame him into mostly playing by the rules.

3) buy a 3" movement widget and  lend it to him for each of his/her pile in's. harder to cheat with one of those and extremely useful in and of itself. 

4) Nuclear option: Stop playing with him completely. Do not publicly lambaste him but if people ask why you don't engage with him be blunt about it. You do not want to make more enemies by being an ****** yourself.

Quite frankly. I have played with a lot of unpleasant individuals don't often end up at option 4. But, I would still give the benefit of the doubt and try 1-3. If public shaming doesn't get through, exclusion might.

This in spades. 

Bottom line is, they are a gamer as all we are. They want the play the game, but they are clearly not well schooled in etiquette. As someone who has a brother with paranoid schizophrenia, I know just how hard it is to deal with or watch others deal with someone who is inherently hard to get on with. This is a bit of a tangent, but point is, tolerance, rising above it, politely educating them. Messaging them privately to offer support, assistance, tuition etc. Run a back to basics club night where everyone is run through the basics. Thing is, this ISN'T taught, it’s herd mentality, we all know it because for the most part we are well adjusted people who fit into a community. This person is clearly having a tough time as is, and they probably want more than anything to fit in. They’re guard is up, understandably, being trans in this day and age is ****** tough, like something we can’t possibly understand unless we’ve been through it. So, perhaps, as a community (and btw I’m not saying your not doing this already) we need to accept a more diverse player base, and with that accept that some of these people might not come with the tacit knowledge we all do. And again, that ****** really isn’t taught anywhere, it’s certainly not in the books. Also this kind of play etiquette is something most of us pick up at school, even just through mucking about as lads or girls. Moving from one dominant gendered community to another might reduce what little experience someone has of ‘playing fair’ to ****** all. Again, I’m not preaching. Just saying, we as the custodians and gatekeepers of this proud hobby and community need to go above and beyond sometimes. After all, weren’t we all the odd one out at one point or another? Like I say, run a club etiquette night / print off a flyer with this on / send round a whatsapp pdf etc. Make what is tacit, explicit and you’ll probably find you all become best mates. X

• Like 12

People have laid out a lot of the best steps already.  I suggest you talk to others in your circle about this person and feel out explicitly where other people are on the matter.  In the end you will all need to make a collective decision to deal with this problem in the way that works best for your whole group.

However, I would suggest you try to frame the conversation in a positive way before you go nuclear.  I don't want to go into the political side of things, the same as you mentioned, but no matter where you lie you cannot argue that this person most likely has some serious emotional issues in their life that they will ultimately have to work through.  Everyone has issues to some degree - but some of us have it worse than others.  In my experience the people who are so focused on "winning" games for a hobby rather than enjoying the shared experience of spending time with others who like playing with toys is that they are trying to fill a void that exists elsewhere in their life.  Many of these people I have encountered often suffer from poor self-esteem, or are often excluded socially, or just got dealt a poor hand from life in general.  The best outcome is if you can change this person's view away from being focused on winning as the outcome of the game into shared enjoyment of the experience with others in the group. 

It is not always easy to achieve this, but I find that the best way to do this is through example.  For tournaments there should be a well known and enforced code of conduct and people should not be allowed to follow bad behavior.  It should be called out early and enforced strictly and fairly.  In friendly games the stakes should be lower and having fun should be encouraged.  Bad behavior should still not be allowed, but try to do different things such as play weird scenarios or put odd but fun lists on the table.  Minimize the reward for being the winner and maximize the reward for being participants. 

Other ways of doing this are to engage in narrative campaigns, play multi-player or team games, or just play really weird games.  As an example, a while ago I attended a fun game at my local GW that was a big monster mash.  The players were allowed to bring 1 behemoth model and then the game was structured so that turn priority was randomized (poker card draw) and if your monster was killed it could come in from a different board edge at the start of the next turn.  There was no real reward for winning this silly competition and the game itself was highly absurd.  I knew going into this event that people were going to bring models like Archaon, Morathi, etc.  I brought a simple Giant (Ale Guzzler Gargant).  It gave me an opportunity to play in a fun event with a model that I painted 20 years ago and was a sculpt that most players had not even seen.  I also was obviously not gunning to win this thing.  But I ran around the board getting killed just about ever turn and getting in fights that I honestly had no business to be in.  I also got to damage an enemy model and set them up for someone else to be killed or run in and snipe out the last health of something that had already been weakened.  I just ran an underdog model around the table as an absurd distraction and had a grand time doing it.  Olaf (my giant) also quickly became a favorite on the table with people rooting for him in fights or delighting in the chance to kill him and see where he would pop up next.  One other player played in a similar fashion to me with a Thundertusk.  The end result was that our absurd antics took some of the edge off an event that some more competitive minded players, and also some younger players, went into in a more serious way and I think everyone involved had more fun in the end.

I think the person that you are mentioning sounds like what they really want, even if they don't realize it, is a place where they can interact with people in a positive manner.  Right now they view that as winning, but they would probably be better served with a place that allowed them to have fun without being self-conscious about the other things going on in their life and enjoy a shared experience with other people.  Hopefully they can come around to that view - but not everyone does.  I fully support the nuclear option of excluding people from a group if they are continually so badly behaved that they damage the larger group.  But sometimes it is worthwhile to try to change that behavior if you can.  So talk with others and try to set a positive example and encourage them to change with some subtle positive reinforcement.  If that does not work then do what you have to.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Had a similar problem with a new player here. Lots of awkwardness and anxiety, but hey you put up with that. Its a game. Then the cheating began. He would move units, then move another unit, then go back to a previous unit and decide to run it (when they realized they were out of range to charge). Then the kicker, he was playing Archaon, I had specifically set my units up on the other side of his warriors to it would be zoned out by base size alone. He then proceeds to pick up his Archaon set it too close to my models (within an inch) and push two other units of warriors backwards a good 2+ inches to make sure Archaon fits. Me and another player told him he simply could not do this. He then just proceeded to charge phase ignoring protests. Then he called me a rules ******. Which to me, confirmed he knew the rules and just didn't care.

I will not play with cheaters. The only solution is expulsion. If they are willing to blatantly cheat even when other players tell them they cant, they are cheating all the time and you just aren't catching it. Some of these games take 3+ hours, there is no reason to waste that much of your life on a person who does not respect your time.

Never play with cheaters. If you want to be kind, give them another chance, but if the cheating is regular, it always will be.

In my experience it's when people try to avoid any conflict that "that kind of player" gets away with their stuff. It can ruin the entire community. We had a person pulling similar stuff, with a bit different reasoning, though that shouldn't be the issue. As long as you stay on the factual side abd don't dive into ad hominem arguments, political correctness souldn't matter in an argument. "Just because i'm ******/black/trans/whatever" doesn't change the length of an inch and thus shouldn't make people stand down.

Now i'm not saying to be intollerant or super-offensive, it's okay to express respect to people's difficulties in life, but that doesn't make that a valid argument for unrelated misbehavior. If you're in the right, make a clear point and defend it.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, warhammernerd said:

This in spades. 

Bottom line is, they are a gamer as all we are. They want the play the game, but they are clearly not well schooled in etiquette. As someone who has a brother with paranoid schizophrenia, I know just how hard it is to deal with or watch others deal with someone who is inherently hard to get on with. This is a bit of a tangent, but point is, tolerance, rising above it, politely educating them. Messaging them privately to offer support, assistance, tuition etc. Run a back to basics club night where everyone is run through the basics. Thing is, this ISN'T taught, it’s herd mentality, we all know it because for the most part we are well adjusted people who fit into a community. This person is clearly having a tough time as is, and they probably want more than anything to fit in. They’re guard is up, understandably, being trans in this day and age is ****** tough, like something we can’t possibly understand unless we’ve been through it. So, perhaps, as a community (and btw I’m not saying your not doing this already) we need to accept a more diverse player base, and with that accept that some of these people might not come with the tacit knowledge we all do. And again, that ****** really isn’t taught anywhere, it’s certainly not in the books. Also this kind of play etiquette is something most of us pick up at school, even just through mucking about as lads or girls. Moving from one dominant gendered community to another might reduce what little experience someone has of ‘playing fair’ to ****** all. Again, I’m not preaching. Just saying, we as the custodians and gatekeepers of this proud hobby and community need to go above and beyond sometimes. After all, weren’t we all the odd one out at one point or another? Like I say, run a club etiquette night / print off a flyer with this on / send round a whatsapp pdf etc. Make what is tacit, explicit and you’ll probably find you all become best mates. X

Well said. Running back to basics is a good call for everyone. Having smaller games (skirmish level) with the basics of basic play is a great idea and gives everyone a chance to refresh their basic etiquette. Things like declaring rolls is something we've all learned socially not from the rulebooks. There's actually a gap in the market for an Honest Wargamer style workbook on "How to be a Great Warhammer Opponent".

And as @svnvaldez says a playerbook is essential (even if it's one page) as is the club rules that  @warhammernerd mentioned.

Dealing with ppl who have social anxiety or social issues is hard. But becoming a member of what generally is quite a cliquey thing like Warhammer is REALLY hard. Even for ppl without such issues, something as simple as moving from one gaming group to another is not always easy/smooth. So some ppl do need a break and some tolerance. In the OP's specific case, like @JackStreicher said, technically speaking what your mentioning is not 100% a toxic player. Just somebody who is massively socially awkward. I've taught a lot of guys in their early 20s with ASD. Sometimes you need to set boundaries. Such as , being socially awkward is fine but cheating is not. That said there is no need to attack someone for it. I know lots of great guys who on one or other occasion I've seen nudge things, sulk over bad dice, take Comp lists (hell some ppl think that's the ONLY way to play warhammer) - lambasting them for it is no good for anyone. 

Also from experience you will get all sorts of bad behaviour at any free event. If you want to control behaviour make tournaments ticketed. That way if somebody is being toxic - give them their money back and tell them to get out. In my ideal world you'd use part of the Tourney fee to pay a roving TO/GM/referee to walk around the room and make sure everything is kosher in each game (I know a lot of ppl have a problem with referees but srsly it works).

Edited by zedatkinszed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A lot of the comments are pretty good.  I will point out that running on square bases is not technically cheating as the rules allow people to run whatever bases they want with suggestions for matched play.  Tournaments of course will 99% of the time force rounds (and in our group squares are not allowed simply because we are running tournament rules only), but if you aren't playing in a tournament, the player in question running square based models is by itself not bad behavior.

The rest of what was posed should have corrective action applied.  

Edited by Dead Scribe
  • Like 2

The biggest bit of advice I can offer (mainly coming from my experience working customer service) is to be polite, but firm when correcting them. Don't let them bait you into a shouting match, don't let them dictate things by trying to pressure you and don't be afraid to call for a third party if need be.

Most of us don't like being confrontational. We came to have fun, get some games in and don't want to rock the boat lest it ruin things. The thing is that sort of passive stance always opens us up to being cheated by players who play by a WAAC approach. So throw it out the window. I'm not saying to be an a-hole about it, but if they want to argue about their "creative" interpretations of the rules, then tell them they can either play in a more sporting manner or they can't play in your events anymore. It's not discrimination to ban a cheater. It is discrimination to allow a cheater to keep playing just because they fit into a minority group (and yes, positive discrimination is still discrimination).

• Like 1

Honestly if you’ve tried to talk to them and they blame you for being a bigot or attacking them or whatever else they use to push the blame off them stop playing them. 

Literally. When you finish a game in the evening just say no thanks I don’t want another. Waiting around and they show up and want a game? Say no thanks I’m waiting play X or I don’t feel like playing against you (or their army whatever works). 

In a tournament instantly concede. Offer them your hand when the pairings go up and say I don’t want to play you so I concede. 

You wont be forced to play games you don’t want to. Sure you might not win the tournament, but you’ll be making a point and won’t ruin the experience (unless all you care about is your standing)

If this is an issue the group has and isn’t just you this will snowball. When they turn up and no one will play them they start to get the hint. They’ll still whine and blame everyone but themselves and their behaviour, but they’ll get the point. In a tournament let them win. Every round their opponents concede and then go watch other games and joke with others. It sounds harsh but isolate the parasite until they’re willing to take the blame and change. Sure they might relish in it and come to tournaments and talk up how people concede because they’re so good. Who cares? It’s a game. Your group knows the truth and will find they are happier and mentally healthier without the pariah. 

Eventually they’ll move on or change. Doesn’t matter either way as you’ll have them rectify the situation without having to stop your hobby. 

We had a player like this in a different game. They “won” all their league games and both of the next two tournaments. But they didn’t play a game against anyone in over 4 months. Sure they were winning, but they weren’t in the hobby or the community and sure enough they stopped coming. A couple years later they showed up with a new game and were different. They’d matured one way or another. Not sure if it was us who caused it or something else. But 3 years since then they’re still fairly regular and are a welcome member of our leagues and events and weekly games. We’ve had this person to group outings and home games and we just forget the past and move on. 

Edited by Lurynsar
  • Like 3

Well you (and your entire gaming group) can consider switching over to 40k temporarily.

Warhammer 40k is very much more established because they didn't get a reboot. Most 40k players are extremely experienced and know their way around game etiquette (too well to be honest). They don't cheat because they just know how to play around the rules. I do know of squabbles as to whether a timer must be implemented to limit each player's turn, truly eye opening. 🤣

Or you can organise an invite-only 6 months long narrative campaign.

I will try to bring a different perspective to the subject. 

I was toxic.

Not a cheat, but i wasnt a positive person to my "local" (it is hours away) community. 

I collected and painted minis for 2 decades before i found people to play with, and the timing couldnt be worse.

My father was having multiple back surgerys, work was a mess and i was in deep depression. I was looking life with the worse lenses possible.

Fortunelly, i was called asside and spoken with. I made a point to apologize to everyone in our local chat for all my salty behavior, after all, my problems were not their faults or justify my negative behavior. 

To my surprise people made a point that i would drive for our next tournament to play along (they didnt have to, as now we got around 25-30 players) but they said it wouldnt be the same without me.

It kinda touched me and i am glad to have received another chance. 

Talk to him, talk to your TO, be a bit patient and if doesnt work, be strong, dont let it taint your hobby as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there anything positive about the player that you could highlight or focus on? They might be more receptive to criticism/advice if they see the relationship as less adversarial. 

Maybe if you've got some common ground outside the hobby you could chat about?

As others have pointed out, though - it's not up to you to babysit them, and the consequences to their actions are their own. It sounds like you've been more than patient with them already.  

• Like 1

You should never be forced to play a game that you don't want to play. If your priority at warhammer is to win,  then you are going to have a bad time vs toxic players. If your priority at warhammer is to have a fun game, then you are in control.

Pickup games - Easily avoided. Just say no if he asks. Better yet, plan your games ahead of time with other people you specifically enjoy playing. (always the best method IMHO). Strangely, many toxic players I know tend to avoid scheduling games in advance and simply like to lurk about the venue asking people for games.

Small-Med tournaments  - Always grudge someone round one. Almost all tournaments allow this as first round pairings are not terribly important. This will cut your odds of playing him by a third. If he is a WAAC netlister and you are a casual fluff player, then hopefully he will shoot off to the top tables and be far away from you.

Med-Large tournaments - Just quietly inform the TO beforehand that you and the player do not get along, and that if paired, you will politely concede the game or will conveniently leave the venue for the round.  Most TOs will prefer the non-confrontational approach and will make sure to simply pair you with someone else. Larger tournaments usually have more wiggle room in pairings. Furthermore, if your friends share the same opinion, have them speak up as well. 

• Like 1