Returning Old Guy.... again!

Garth1

Hi, I’ll preface this post by saying that I collected Citadel/Warhammer miniatures back in ‘93/94 and loved Necromunda/Blood Bowl. A few years later and I realised that girls weren’t into GW as much as I was so I put them all in my parents loft and there they stayed. 

Fast forward, I tried to get back into the hobby in my mid to late twenties and couldn’t find local people to help ease me in. Then GW opened a local store a few years back, I held off as long as I could but recently jumped back in. I picked up some Nurgle daemons and have just finished a Great Unclean One and 15 Plaguebearers. I am still looking for a local club or other gamers who can help me learn the rules and start to play more regularly, the local shop is great but being 35 years old I feel a bit awkward with all the younger gamers there.

Anyway, enough rambling. Hopefully I can get some more stuff painted and start playing soon.

Cheers

• Like 3

They all come back some day... welcome back!

Don't be afraid of the youngsters. I'm 33 myself, as i got back into 40k two years  back i feel i learned more from the teens than the other "seniors". That said, our community is more around 30 anyways ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s good to know, I do want to try and get some games under my belt and hopefully get to attend a tournament or 2 towards the end of the year. I’ll try to track down a club and see if I can get some games and help too...

• 3 weeks later...