Idoneh deepkin army

DestroyerBirb

Hello again!

One if my friends wants to start an Aelf Army, and likes Idoneth Deepkin. He is has been playing for the same time as me, just doesn’t have an army. Any suggestions for a high tier matched play army? (He probably will get either a Battleforce or {more likely} a start collecting.)

I might have an idea on an army with both the start collecting  and the battleforce.

For 2k It would be

Isharaan Tidecaster (100)

Isharaan Soulrender (100)

Isharaan Soulscryer (100)

Eidolon of Mathlann,  Aspect of the Sea (440)

Vulturnos, High King of the Deep (280) (General)

x6 Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (280) Battleline 1

x10 Namarti Thralls (140) Battleline 2

x10 Namarti Thralls (140) Battleline 3

x10 Namarti Reavers (140)

x1 Akhelian Allopexes (140)

x1 Akhelian Allopexes (140)

2000/2000

And for 1.5k and 1k, my friend will simply take a few things away and that sort of stuff. For 2.5k probably split up the Guard, and add an Akhelian Leviadon and Lotann, Warden of the Soul Ledgers.

Is this any good?

Wait for general book. It will come out soon. And im sure eels will be nerfed if only because non idk hates them. But hopefully EVERY other mini on the army get discounts pointswise to make them usables.

So rigth now best advice possible would be to get only as much eels as he can. Since that is the only way idk can play competitive.

But. I would advice to buy the battleforce. The starter and 1 akhelian king. Soulscryer. Since all this would be pretty cheap and would have every model on the army but some heros.

Yeah, the General's Handbook 2019 will be out sometime in June, which will update points and perhaps even tweak some aspects of Matched Play.

But, either way, Idoneth are not getting a book rewrite anytime soon as they were designed for the current edition. So, for now, if he wants the strongest kits, either form of Eels seem to be the best way to go. Namarti aren't awful, and with the right support can be solid, but eels are fast, durable, and powerful. Even with a point increase, they will probably be a potent unit and a very elite choice, so you will need less models in the army and can play bigger games faster!