Drycha Hamadreth's Colony of flitterfuries

NaftaliDK

Question

11 answers to this question

Yes, it hits everyone in range - including your own units. An interesting question would be if she actually damages herself as well? That is probably not the intention of the rule, but RAW she should roll for herself as well? Unless there's some special rule re: shooting and/or measuring from your own unit.

It's a shooting attack. The FAQ on "within" specifies "as long as they meet any other qualifiers for the spell or ability".

So RAW, it's an attack not a spell or ability, and even then there's no precedent I'm aware of for a model being a valid target for it's own attacks.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I was unsure if Drycha was visible to herself so I stooped down behind her to get a look from the attacking model. Luckily my opponent wasn't holding a GIANT MIRROR so Drycha was, in fact, not a valid target for her Flitterfuries attack.

I can't believe I was ever talked into playing this any other way ha ha!

On 8/9/2016 at 5:10 AM, Nico said:

Why is it that there is purposive interpretation of all documents (especially in law), but not in wargames.

Is this basically saying "Why do people play with the rules as they are written?" If so, it's because we want to just read the rules and just know how to play based on what they say. We don't want to have to read minds. We don't want to have to put ourselves into the mind of the designer- "okay, now I am a middle aged white man who lives in Great Britain and writes rules for Age of Sigmar. What am I thinking? What drives me? What INSPIRES me?"

Rules make it easier to interact with strangers when you game. Not all of us have a table top gaming group of friends, sadly. If we did, it would be different. And tournaments and serious play need solid rules.

The way the rules work for magic, the scrolls are very specific for targets of spells. Just think about how many buffs and magic have gone from "unit" to "free people's" for example. 

With those I have played with, this is targeting all models around. It still makes her a huge target and great for nuking and area denial. In my last game she easily killed her points worth in my army with a single shot. IT sucked. xD

Archived