Should we have an updated LoN book?

El Syf

The only thing wrong with the legions are easily FAQ'd so not really a new book needed unless they got some serious new model support in the future, which, let's face it, probably won't happen as it is just a collection of models leftover from WHFB/ End Times.

They don't need a special terrain as they have gravesites. Two spell lores is great but I think a set of specific endless spells would be pretty nice (hopefully better than the Nighthaunt ones though!)  But again you wouldn't necessarily need a new tome to implement these.

The main thing I can see happening that requires a new book is the release of another entirely new death faction based on Deadwalkers/ Deathrattle... Or even Soulblight... Surely most of these units should be available in LoN (as what happened with Nighthaunt) but a new book capturing all the units the army can use and their up to date scrolls would be necessary by then.

11 hours ago, Charlo said:

They don't need a special terrain as they have gravesites

yes i feel as if the gravesites are effectively the terrain piece for LON

11 hours ago, Charlo said:

The main thing I can see happening that requires a new book is the release of another entirely new death faction based on Deadwalkers/ Deathrattle... Or even Soulblight... Surely most of these units should be available in LoN (as what happened with Nighthaunt) but a new book capturing all the units the army can use and their up to date scrolls would be necessary by then.

i disagree on this point however. Legions of Nagash can only take certain Nighthaunt units, with that in mind if Soulblight/Deadrattle etc got a separate book i think it would be perfectly fine to restrict LON to the units currently available so as to encourage the use of the new Allegiance and so as not to repeat the mistakes of Nighthaunt where the units are better outside their own allegiance

On 6/2/2019 at 2:22 AM, EMMachine said:

Yeah, the thing with the Black Coach is really a bad thing.

I don't know if I get you right here (in case of Soulblight it should also be "Castellans of the Crimson Keep" not "Deathmarch"

We are speaking of this part of the FAQ:

The Problem is, with this FAQ in mind, a Deathmarch Battalion having the Deathrattle Keyword instead of Death could be used nicely in a Deathrattle Army or a Death Army because of the blue marked part, but you can't use it in 2.0 in a Deathrattle Army because of the Death Keyword. Because the Death Keyword is another Allegiance than Deathrattle, so anything inside the Battalion becomes an ally. The Legions do not care because Legions of Nagash shares the Legion Keyword to a Battalion, so if I choose Legion of Sacrament and want to use the Deathmarch Battalion the Battalion gets the Legion of Sacrament Keyword and becomes a Legion of Sacrament Battalion. And if they wouldn't have forgot the part about giving the Legions of Grief Keyword to Battalions too, The Legion of Grief in Forbitten Power would have Access to the Deathmarch Battalion if the Battalion had the Deathrattle Keyword.

Why can't it simply be Deathrattle + an Undead Constructions faction with a special allegiance (basicly like the Legions). Why does it have to be a second faction with the same units.

What I find really bad about the Black coach is the FAQ about asking permission to your oppponent o play the new model one with LoN... a pity that the old one is not anymore avalaible anyway...

About that FAQ is right .The problem is only now cause the Legion of Grief of Forbidden Power. Previouslyit wouldn'ì't even care. About General FAQ I've noticed they removed a previous FAQ GA warscrolls battalions avalaible to be used in any Allegiance that had it as GA. As it is now, you're right.

Anyway you could not have had access to Legion of Grief with the Deathrattle warscroll battalion cause it allows only to units to take "legion of Grief", not warscroll battalions, so the problem would be anyway the same. It should have had the text as in LoN:B, but such it isn't.For the same reason you can't use the warscroll battalions coming from the NH:B. So at  the end it's stil the same: no warscroll battalions with the Legion of Grief.

And if you think about it it's quite a mocking for the Nighthaunts even more.

Obviously they can correct it with FAQs, but really, would be admitting than even when writiting so few rules lines they don't give any care.

On 6/2/2019 at 2:42 AM, Charlo said:

The only thing wrong with the legions are easily FAQ'd so not really a new book needed unless they got some serious new model support in the future, which, let's face it, probably won't happen as it is just a collection of models leftover from WHFB/ End Times.

They don't need a special terrain as they have gravesites. Two spell lores is great but I think a set of specific endless spells would be pretty nice (hopefully better than the Nighthaunt ones though!)  But again you wouldn't necessarily need a new tome to implement these.

They game the grvestites with the datacards and in the Forbidden power box you can find them too (shabby ones), otherways you have to create your own ones.

The Forbidden Spells of Forbidden Power would have been amazing ones for LoN^^

The new factioon book has been announced for this year release.  And it's not a republiscing of LoN:B so (y)our wish can be done^^

One thing I will say is please don't forget to post any confusing questions to AoSFAQ@gwplc.com (the official AoS FAQ e-mail at GW).  You won't get a direct reply, but it'll be read and added to the melting pot for the next batch of Errata and Designer Notes.  The last one I sent included me asking for clarification on how battalions work because it's as confusing as anything and things that seem logical aren't.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm of the belief that that LoN was always meant as a temporary, albeit fleshed out 'soup' book whilst the various wings of Death eventually received their own full armies. Eventually we'd see a full Soulblight army with models and Tome (there goes Blood), a Deathrattle update, etc. In the time that would inevitably take, we could probably see another LoN update but I reckon whichever facet of Death is updated next will be taken out as a Legion.

Edited by Clan's Cynic