Mercenary Question

Im still waiting for my FP expansion to be delivered(hopefully next week) But was wondering about how Mercs are going to work..I rem seeing a leaked page image that showed its Fyreslayers and FeC only for now,,but now that Azyr app is updated and it appears that these two factions can be taken as allies for any army in the game.Is this correct?

Does this mean I can add a FeC merc unit to my KO`s that would consist of 2x Arcreagents that in turn each could bring in a solid block of Ghouls,Knights or even a Vargulf?.Of course adding  2 solid beatstick heros to my army that each can cast and dispel 2 spells..

Does this sound right?..or am I missing something...

I sure hope so as this sounds like it can be abused to heck if they stay on this path adding additional factions to the Mercenary classification.

Edited by Thostos

There's a number of limitations on what you can and can't take for each faction.  They use the same rules as allies - so 4 in 1 and for matched play a cap on points.  Each has a special merc rule too - so DEC gain +1A if they charged that turn, but cannot ever make retreat moves.

You also don't generate a CP on your first turn - so there's a 50 CP tax.

For your example you're 100% right - however, that will use 2 of your leader slots and won't gain any spell lores for them.

• Thanks 1

Generals Handbook is supposed to have more mercenary units in it.  Frankly the tax of no CP turn 1 is easily offset if you can get some of the more powerful combos in other allegiances that you cannot now.  It would make the balance issue better by giving everyone access to everything.  

48 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

I still find it odd thar FEC made it as mercs but Ogors did not. Maybe the GHB will change this.

Having read the story of FP and the battle of Lake Lethlis this is purely a fluff reason. As people have stated the GHB will contain more Mercs. and I'm guessing these will be more varied.

• Like 2