Savage Strike, does the terrogheist fight too?

Slobberknocker GT

Question

Or since it's a command thing, is it just the king riding it? 

Sorry I haven't read / owned the book, but I dealt with a Gristlegore Terrorghiest swinging twice before I could fight, and I just can't believe it's as good as the guy said. 

For reference. 

Manfred and Skellies made the charge.  He swung first. He spent a CP and swing again, with the mount and all its bites etc. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

-TF

Edited by Slobberknocker GT

6 answers to this question

Yes, the Terrorgheist fights too. There was actually an Errata in March 19 for Savage Strike.

Page 65 – Savage Strike
Change to:
‘This general and their mount fight at the start of the
combat phase, before the players pick any other units
to fight in that combat phase. This general and their
mount cannot fight again in that combat phase unless a
spell or ability allows it to fight more than once.’

The fight a 2nd time thing is a command ability, so that works just fine always.

The fight first is a command trait and also works, as its simply moving the models normal activation to the start of the combat phase before units are chosen.

Worth noting there are (I believe) 3 armies that can do this same exact thing atm. FEC often do it with their big beasts, Khorne can do it with their Bloodthirsters.

7 hours ago, azdimy said:

That s what happen when they release faq too early! They should reverse that errata to general only

They had to do the Errata because normally mounts wouldn't be affected by the rule.

The problem is, you can't split the activation of a unit. If Savage Strike would only have count for the general itself, the Terrorgheist or Zombiedragon would't be able to attack the entire game because the general is forced to attack at the start of the combatphase.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EMMachine said:

They had to do the Errata because normally mounts wouldn't be affected by the rule.

The problem is, you can't split the activation of a unit. If Savage Strike would only have count for the general itself, the Terrorgheist or Zombiedragon would't be able to attack the entire game because the general is forced to attack at the start of the combatphase.

Not true They have since introduced heroes with two profiles that strike at different inititatives. That would make the ghoul king and is mount behave like the  Slaanesh unique Daemon Prince. The Terrorgheit would get to attack during the combat phase while the general would benefit from savage strike and fight at the beginning of the phase

Edited by azdimy