Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Glamdring

New player looking for feedback on FEC list

Good morning all. As I'm new to this army and game (coming over from Warmachine) I'm looking for some feedback on my list. The general idea behind it is to have the 3 critters flying around and causing havoc where needed, which is increased by the -2 Bravery. The Crypt Horrors will be the anvil units and will be supported by the Ghoul Lords when needed. They should be resilient enough to last for a while, especially after I summon a 2nd Crypt Haunter Courtier.

The idea is to keep the Ghoul Kings close enough to were the target of the Ghoul King w/ Banshee Blade is suffering for the -2 Bravery. Since that Ghoul King will get to attack twice (still need to roll 6+ on the hit) I'm hoping he'll be able to dish out some serious damage.

So what do you guys and ghouls (I'm not apologizing for that 1f61b.png=P ) think, is the army sound or does it need to be changed up? Thanks in advance!

image.png.7736d957ac8f170b73a3ccdef575d519.png

8 hours ago, Glamdring said:

is the army sound or does it need to be changed up?

Sorry to tell you: totally illegal 😅

menagerie is only for „non-mounted“ critters. And the min units of horrors lack punch imo. Throw out the menagerie and maybe degrade the gkozd to gkotg. Then you can up one unit to 6.... 

LoL well crud, I guess I'll have to change up the list a bit. There was a pretty slick looking list that I found online somewhere, I believe the name of the person was Ben Johnson? I love the idea of all those Terrorgheists flying around but I come from way back in the day; I switched over to Warmachine when AoS came out. So the thought of running 4 Terrorgheists doesn't seem like it would be any fun for my opponent to face.

image.png.384a604f707c7fdff91901f7e5dc2c8a.png

That being said, is that list (if you're familiar with it) too OP and or no fun to fight against? I really dig the idea of it. Having all those things flying around, combined with all the different unit types that the  Abhorrant Ghouls can summon, looks like fun on a bun! If that list isn't viewed negatively by most players then I might just use that one. 

I believe the name of the person was Ben Johnson? 

I do not know him personally, and he probably is maybe totally nice ...but... that’s an highfly tournament wrecking ball list, fielded by one of the more reknowned FEC players (Bill ?souza? being another one), who placed pretty high in GTs... 

If that list isn't viewed negatively by most players

If used correctly (Bill & Ben are supposed to be kinda skilled) most players will have strong negative views about this list and the person fielding it   XD

With the low body count the objective game is tricky and needs careful planning.

Also with the huge bases the positioning of your models can be tricky. You build you battlefield, everybody and their mom brings an extra terrain feature and some woods and a spell and suddenly your 14“ fly range just isn’t enough to get around a building to position for a charge or claim an objective.

Gotcha, so my suspicion was correct. LoL it's nice to know some things haven't changed I suppose, and as fun as that list would be to run, I wouldn't want my opponents to have a bad time. With that in mind, I put together another list that is along the same vein, just without ALL the nasty. Would you mind letting me know your thoughts on it? It's rare to get honest and constructive criticism (without all the negativity associated with it) and I appreciate it very much.  985514671_CritterList.jpg.ec08ca364871f79bca21fdd2495739ab.jpg

• Thanks 1

Not sure what to make of the family thing... you don’t even have someone who musters 😂

but that’s a lot of summoning to grab objectives. And dancing around the throne it will all be free

And a lot of spell slinging too... monstrous vigor should definitely be in there. 

Finally I would make your gkotg boss... savage strike is kinda wasted on a generic king.

but those 3 extra command points will keep the feeding frenzy going

LoL well, in all honesty, I took the Royal Family battalion so I could get another artifact. I figure if I use one of my Ghoul Lords to summon a Varghulf or some such then the "muster" thing will come in handy.

Yeppers, that's the idea, cast a spell then dance, cast a spell then dance 😃 And whoops, the second Ghoul King should have Monstrous Vigor, not Spectral Host...guess I was getting a little too click happy.

Yeah, I was toying with the idea of switching the Generals around, though I didn't know if that would make the list too powerful.

Heck yeah, I want to keep Feeding Frenzy going as long as possible! That ability is just stupid good!

I'm trying to make the list outside of the norm, that way it will catch people off guard. LoL in over the 19 years I've played at tournaments one thing was certain; you could always expect quite a few people to show up with the same list. Because of that people would tech against it and or have played against it enough to where they knew how to handle it. Though if I throw a curveball list their way...

• Haha 1