Recommendations for my 1000 pts Stormcast list

tomcabator15

So Im thinking about playing a 1000 pt AoS league in my local club with my Stormcast Eternals.

I would love recommendations and feedback about the list:

Faction: Hammers of Sigmar

Heroes:

-Lord-Arcanum 180 pts GENERAL /spell: Azyrite Halo / CT: We cannot fail

-Lord-Castellant 100 pts / artifact: Godforged blade

-Gavriel Sureheart 100 pts

Battleline:

-10 Sequitors 240 pts / 5 two handed hammers

- 5 liberators 100 pts / 1 greathammer

Units:

- 5 Evocators 200 pts / 5 sword and staff / spell: celestial blades

Endless Spell:

-Soulsnare Shackles 20 pts

Total: 940 pts (1 extra CP)

Edited by tomcabator15

I would get rid of the extra command point and switch the Liberators for Judicators. I find that there's rarely anything good to Gav. Bomb into in Turn 1, as opponents will be aware and bubblewrap high value targets. Once they spread out with charges and move into objectives you can charge them in Turn 2. Judicators never fail to do great work for me.

I also like to put the Godforged blade on Gavriel, as I don't really want my Arcanum or Castellant getting into combat anyway, and Gavriel is disposable after the charge phase.

Edited by kuroyume
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kuroyume said:

I would get rid of the extra command point and switch the Liberators for Judicators. I find that there's rarely anything good to Gav. Bomb into in Turn 1, as opponents will be aware and bubblewrap high value targets. Once they spread out with charges and move into objectives you can charge them in Turn 2. Judicators never fail to do great work for me.

I also like to put the Godforged blade on Gavriel, as I don't really want my Arcanum or Castellant getting into combat anyway, and Gavriel is disposable after the charge phase.

Gavriel is a named character, he cannot take the godforged blade.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 12:23 AM, DestroyerBirb said:

If you remove the shackles you can add 3 castigators. My friend plays them (6 of them) and they are mean, especially with astrea solbright

Are castigators actually worth it? I ended up with 10 of them (Soul wars + the 5 from another set) and I want to try running one 6 and one 3, but people say they are terrible? The rend seems worth the 6in loss their range has from judis...

On 6/18/2019 at 1:20 PM, CommissarRotke said:

Are castigators actually worth it? I ended up with 10 of them (Soul wars + the 5 from another set) and I want to try running one 6 and one 3, but people say they are terrible? The rend seems worth the 6in loss their range has from judis...

If you have astrea solbright, they get more worth. 1 3+ Rerolling failed hit rolls 3+ -2 1. Don’t forget primes hit on 2’s.

Sure, I gotta agree with some people that they aren’t the fanciest, but really, if I played Stormcast and I had all the battlelines I need and I had to choose between 6 Castigators or 5 Judicators, whether or not astrea is around, the castigators are a great option.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:13 PM, tomcabator15 said:

So Im thinking about playing a 1000 pt AoS league in my local club with my Stormcast Eternals.

I would love recommendations and feedback about the list:

Faction: Hammers of Sigmar

Heroes:

-Lord-Arcanum 180 pts GENERAL /spell: Azyrite Halo / CT: We cannot fail

-Lord-Castellant 100 pts / artifact: Godforged blade

-Gavriel Sureheart 100 pts

Battleline:

-10 Sequitors 240 pts / 5 two handed hammers

- 5 liberators 100 pts / 1 greathammer

Units:

- 5 Evocators 200 pts / 5 sword and staff / spell: celestial blades

Endless Spell:

-Soulsnare Shackles 20 pts

Total: 940 pts (1 extra CP)

Very poor mobility in that list. A good opponent will find it pretty easy to isolate units. Even with a Gav Bomb (I’m assuming with the Evos) once you’ve landed you’re not going to be able to do much with that unit past the initial drop.

If I’m your opponent:

Im guessing you’re going to use the Sequitors with Castellant buff as an anchor. That’s a nasty unit so i’ll Just ignore it, or if I have a powerful unit that gets to fight first eg Gristlegore or lots of MW that’s where that stuff goes.

5 Libs isn’t enough to do anything, just there to make up the numbers.

5 Evos are nasty when they drop but then what are they gonna do? 5 also isn’t going to wipe any unit that costs more than their initial cost either meaning at best they will only repay their cost. A good opponent can make it hard to land them anywhere useful anyway. 

None of your heroes are much on their own, they’re all about their buffs. 

As always, if you like the army and just want to run it, go ahead and have a great time. But if you really want to win then unless you’re up against fairly new players or comparatively weak armies this is pretty easy to beat.

It’s elite without being elite enough and lacks focus and synergy. It’s very much 3 separate buffed units. Easy to take apart. SC’s biggest weaknesses are small numbers and average movement/poor summoning, and this list kind of just magnifies that.

Edited by Nos

2 hours ago, Nos said:

Very poor mobility in that list. A good opponent will find it pretty easy to isolate units. Even with a Gav Bomb (I’m assuming with the Evos) once you’ve landed you’re not going to be able to do much with that unit past the initial drop.

If I’m your opponent:

Im guessing you’re going to use the Sequitors with Castellant buff as an anchor. That’s a nasty unit so i’ll Just ignore it, or if I have a powerful unit that gets to fight first eg Gristlegore or lots of MW that’s where that stuff goes.

5 Libs isn’t enough to do anything, just there to make up the numbers.

5 Evos are nasty when they drop but then what are they gonna do? 5 also isn’t going to wipe any unit that costs more than their initial cost either meaning at best they will only repay their cost. A good opponent can make it hard to land them anywhere useful anyway. 

None of your heroes are much on their own, they’re all about their buffs. 

As always, if you like the army and just want to run it, go ahead and have a great time. But if you really want to win then unless you’re up against fairly new players or comparatively weak armies this is pretty easy to beat.

It’s elite without being elite enough and lacks focus and synergy. It’s very much 3 separate buffed units. Easy to take apart. SC’s biggest weaknesses are small numbers and average movement/poor summoning, and this list kind of just magnifies that.

What would be good changes or units that could help my list? In the end the league was delayed for the release of meeting engagements.

I was thinking of buying the SC! vanguard chamber for the units.

Also with the point changes and battleline requirements of Meeting Engagements I'm dropping the liberators and I'm changing Gavriel with a Lord-Relictor

So, my list now is:

-Lord-Arcanum 160 same traits

-Lord-Castellan 120 w/artifact

-Lord-Relictor 100

-Sequitors x10 260

-Evocators x5 220

-Ballista 110

-Swords Spell 30

Total: 1000 pts

4 hours ago, DestroyerBirb said:

If you have astrea solbright, they get more worth. 1 3+ Rerolling failed hit rolls 3+ -2 1. Don’t forget primes hit on 2’s.

Sure, I gotta agree with some people that they aren’t the fanciest, but really, if I played Stormcast and I had all the battlelines I need and I had to choose between 6 Castigators or 5 Judicators, whether or not astrea is around, the castigators are a great option.

I may end up using them more for 1000 pt games then, since I still need a 3rd battle line if I want to do 2k.. and at that point judis would be needed over liberators